“Honeymoon heaven”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #48 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was my first trip to NYC and it wasn't just any trip - it was our honeymoon! And it was amazing! I struggled to find an email contact for the concierge in the beginning but after a couple of Facebook posts it was sorted and we were treated really personally from the outset, sending us theatre prices and restaurant recommendations!

On arrival we were early but they were happy to give us a room that was ready - we decided to wait. Went to explore and then when we returned found out we had been upgraded!!

Wow - we tucked into our complimentary chocolates and champagne in our little lounge looking right at the most amazing view of the Empire State!! Huge bathroom with the most amazing bath and I can honestly say that bed was one of the comfiest beds!!

We took advantage every night of the wine hour - loved it!

The staff were flipping amazing!! Any time of day - whoever they were - always so happy to see you, talk to you, share experiences. Cannot fault them!!

Two tiny tiny things I think they could improve on - the inside bar - it's really dark and quite dingy - not a place I'd want to spend much time in - and I love a good bar!! Second - no tea and coffee making facilities in the room which as an English tea drinker I struggled with!!

Other than that I will be recommending to everyone and anyone I know travelling to New York :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,518)

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed at the Eventi and also went to a party there. It's classy and has beautiful decor. The staff were professional, knowledgable and helpful. We used their large size room and it was the perfect size for 100+ guests. We had passed hors d'oeuvres, alcohol, music, etc. I'd highly recommend it for a social event or vacation stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My boyfriend treated me to a fabulous weekend in NYC to celebrate my birthday. He had clearly indicated it was a special event when he made the reservation, because on check-in, Patrick immediately gave me a warm 'Happy Birthday!' I was tickled. As we were getting ready to go out to dinner, there was a knock at the door. The bellman brought a bottle of chilled champagne, two glasses, two HAPPY BIRTHDAY cupcakes and a card. It was the card that delighted me the most. Patrick had taken the time to write a few lovely sentences about his wishes for me for my birthday and the next year. Way above and beyond and delightful. In an era of increasing anonymity and alarmingly fewer handwritten words, Patrick's card was extremely refreshing. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Eventi was a fantasic hotel. It was my first time in New York and was unsure about where to stay in Manhattan. The location of the Hotel was perfect. Close to Macy's, 5-10 minute walk from Times Square, Penn Station and round the corner from the Empire State Building. The staff on the front desk were very helpful with information, locations, directions and grabbing us a taxi when it was time to leave. Also we got complimentary chocolates, sweets and wine on arrival (the wine was changed for two buckets of lager since we weren't wine drinkers). Complimentary chocolates were also provided each morning. . . its little things like this that go a long way and the Eventi had it spot on! The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the only way to describe them would be like sleeping on one very big marshmallow....The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!!! The decor of the Hotel was cool and trendy and very very clean. The large cinema screen out back was very unusual and a great idea. During the hot weather last week there was a great atmosphere out the back of the hotel.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling to New York as they accommodate for everyone and their service is excellent. When I head back to New York in the future I will definitely be staying in this Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Once again we returned to the Eventi in April and as always had a great stay. The Eventi feels like home to us, so we are a little biased. We stay here often and will be returning next week for husband's birthday/our anniversary/father's day celebration - all on the same weekend. We couldn't imagine celebrating anywhere else. Dear Patrick at the front desk allowed us to peek into several different rooms near the end of the hall to try and find one that would be perfect for us and our pupster, Simba. We always like to be as far away from the elevator as possible - not because they are noisy (they aren't), but because if Simba here's lots of other people in the hall, well, barking could ensue! So, we often opt for rooms way down the hall. Having said that - there are lots of different configurations here - our favorite is a separate one bedroom, but those are more expensive. Next up are the terrific corner rooms with a city view. We don't love the west side views - but sometimes that is all that is available. Needless to say, the rooms are immaculate - the hotel housekeeping staff does a great job, the staff is friendly and helpful, and best yet, whether they actually remember us each time or not, they always make us feel as if they do! Looking forward to our return!

Room Tip: If you want a more expensive city view - request it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I love the Eventi and stay here whenever I'm in NY. The service is great, and the rooms are spacious and quiet. But during my last stay in February, 2013, I encountered chipped furniture that made the room feel tired and dated. There's really no excuse for keeping furniture like this in an otherwise nice hotel -- it only makes regulars like myself want to find a newer, more updated hotel to stay in next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2013

These guys just get it - a really comfortable & cool hotel with staff who are great & genuinely enjoy delivering great service. They understand all the little details that transform a hotel stay from functional to highly pleasurable. My go-to hotel in NYC every time

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business