“I have written about Eventi here before”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
sarasota florida
“I have written about Eventi here before”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have written about Eventi here before: I am pleased to say the experience has
not changed and the Eventi Hotel remains the perfect hotel for a few day's visit to
New York City.
Kimpton has a way of doing things right and the Eventi is a very good example of
this.
The facility is all it should be (no more, no less) - but I find the value of this hotel
(and others I have visited in the chain) is the staff. They are cordial and effecient.
Rooms are spotlessly clean - so the housekeeping service gets very high marks-
as do the doorman who assists with valet parking and baggage and the front desk
staff who make checkin and out a breeze.

Room Tip: corner room (ours was 2217)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I would like to echo all the positive comments of other reviewers. It is an ideal location 5 minute walk to the Empire State Building, 2 blocks from Maceys and 15 minutes from the lights and attractions at Times Square. The wine hour in the evening is also a nice way to finish your day. Has a good gym however a pool would be great for the hot summer days. Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed at the Eventi while on business in July. Location is good for Midtown. Reception was friendly/efficient. Room was great (4th floor) with view via the floor to ceiling window of the 6th Ave. enjoyed the business wine reception. Staff were helpful - especially the guys our front who will do whatever it takes to get you a cab! Didn't use the meeting rooms - but they seem to be good for conferences etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A wonderful example of Kimpton chic - very nice place, warm and thoughtful staff, luxe amenities, quirky and interesting features like the dual (rain and hand held) shower (which is HUGE by NY standards). Rooms are also large by NY standards - unlike many other Kimptons, this was purpose built, so it's a newer (5 years or so) building with all the amenities. It's a great place and often great value - sign up for their 'in touch' program (free) and they send specials and last minute deals. Valet parking is pricey. A very well run hotel.

Room Tip: book a regular room, and if they have 'city view' (ESB) rooms available, they'll move yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Beautiful boutique modern hotel! 10-15 minute walk to Times Square! Very clean and comfortable beds. Our room on the 21st floor overlook the beautiful city skyline! Has a very nice open deck and happy hour daily! Nice size fitness center and free bicycles (first come first served basis). The staff is very friendly and helpful. They also have many complimentary items that other hotels just don't have (too many to list). So if you happen to have forgotten to pack s omeething, it is likely on that list! They also have free delicious coffee in the lobby every morning. I would definately visit this property again!

Room Tip: Top floors are definately the better views of the NYC skyline!
Green Features: They are surely a "green" hotel with many environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

As a former resident of NYC and one who visits the greatest city in the world multiple times a year, for both business and pleasure, I have had occasion to stay at many of the city's finer properties. Eventi has become my NYC home away from home. As with many Kimpton hotels, the staff distinguish their hotels from the competition. This is especially the case with Eventi. Visit after visit, Assistant Front Office Manager Gabriella Monte has gone above and beyond. On my latest visit, accompanied by my son, Concierge Kevin Rountree had created a wonderful caricature drawing of my son, drawn off of a photo that I had shared from a prior trip. Like most people, I appreciate attentive, individualized service when I travel. I especially appreciate it when my loved ones are meant to feel welcomed and special. Well done Kimpton Hotels and especially well done Eventi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Been travelling a fair bit - I LOVE the Kimpton Brand - I go back to the Epic in Miami often, but wow was the eventi a disappointment ?

From the checking-in, where at 16:00 (4pm) I was told that my room wasn't ready, that I had a common surname(wait for it) - I left to go shopping around the corner. On my return, the chap behind the check in desk could not (a) remember my common surname and (b) forgot that he tried to check me in an hour prior!

I was later joined by the rest of our group, flying in from London. Wanting to put our feet up, and have a beer to chill out, we were told that the Bar on the 2nd floor was 'a Private Event' and as such not open. When I asked our hostess if they were running a hotel (with ammenities for guests) or a conference /events centre, it was all lost on her.

Suffice to say, we were made to sit in the lobby, tried to order a beer but the waitress (probably hired on looks and not command of the english language) could not take the order.

We got some vouchers to make up for our 'inconvenience' - worth 'a drink' each. The next night we tried to redeem them for bloody mary's - only to be told that they would not cover the cost of any cocktails - house wine only. I gave them to some wine drinking folk and left.

The rooms are OK, the hotel have no character. Better bet is to stay in the Village! His area is all commercial and devoid of what i would call the 'real New York'.

In short - Kimpton is great, the Eventi isn't! !!

Room Tip: Stay in East Village!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Calvin L
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Calvin L,
Sure looks like with missed with you on your stay with us - sorry to read. You are right we don't currently have a bar in the lobby, but that doesn't mean we won't always...hint hint! We look forward to winning you back. Have a great rest of 2013 and we will see you soon.