“Perfect place for a perfect trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #36 of 463 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect place for a perfect trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My first time in New York City - Visited for three days from England and this hotel went to great lengths to help me and my friend with where to go, what to do and where to eat. We had the most unbelievable view of the city from our room. Wine hour was great! The whole hotel was super clean and gorgeous to the last bit of detail. All staff were exceptionally friendly. We couldnt have asked for a better hotel. Would definitely consider another visit !!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (939)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip so I wasn't as concerned with the price. I picked a room on the higher floors and the view at night of the empire state building was amazing. The windows were floor to ceiling which made the room feel three times bigger. The room was clean and the bed was brilliant and massive. The bathroom was really large which was an added perk. My only minor issue was that the passageway into my room was about 8 feet long. Which was nice except it was always like the beginning of a horror film when I entered my room! But if you're an adult who's not seen too many scary films in their childhood, super amazing hotel. Great location and close to the subway and needed amenities (ie coffee, pharmacy and downtown restaurants). Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go as high up as you can!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jamie W
Camas, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is our new go to hotel in NYC. The room was nicely laid out with a huge marble bathroom a comfortable bed and nice bedding. We were upgraded (for a very small fee prior to arrival) to the top floor of the hotel and our request for an Empire State Building view was granted. I had also requested a coffee pot and it was in our room on arrival. It is so appreciated (and rare) when a hotel reads and meets your requests. We enjoyed the wine happy hour and the raid the mini bar credit, they made the stay an even better value.

I had read negative comments about the neighborhood, but we loved the location of the hotel, it was perfect for exploring upper midtown and also lower manhattan on foot. We are looking forward to staying at the Eventi again on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Book a room on a higher floor and request a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy015
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Coming back to this hotel during the day was like returning back home! The staff were extremely helpful and quick to give us suggestions about what to do in the city. The room we got had the most amazing views of the city, the type of views that made you want to stay in all night and just stare out of the floor to ceiling windows. I would stay here again and again and would recommend it to anyone. The staff went above and beyond to welcome me and my friend and we will never forget this trip!

1 Thank Aliligs
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Check in was good and relatively quick. The room was nice, being a corner room, the view was great. The bathroom was not up to standards cleanliness ways. The bed sheets were rough , the bed in general was adequate . The wine hour was a nice touch and we enjoyed that. We went with another couple and there room was not as nice. They were on lower floor with no view. I found it odd as I booked both reservations in my name at the same time. The location is ok, not the best area, streets are dirty, but lots around. All in all not to bad , not sure I would stay again.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is simply amazing.
Amazing customer service, amazing room. Amazing Views.
We had a room on the 20th floor with a view of the Empire State Building.
Room was a great size. Plenty room for 2 people and cases.
A really nice modern interior.
Short walking distance to subway.
Wine hour is a brilliant idea too.
All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
I hope one day I can stay here again.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We paid for a suite which was quite nice. The lighting could have been better and it would have been nice to have an in-room coffee maker. The staff is excellent - very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn't use the swimming pool or spa so I can't really rate them which is why I'm givin...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple