“Finest hotel I've stayed at in years!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Finest hotel I've stayed at in years!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I chose the Eventi hotel as the destination for my honeymoon hotel and they were perfect. To my great surprise the concierge was so excited to greet us the night we checked in she came around the desk and gave us a big hug. When we got to our room, there was a complimentary bottle of champagne sitting on our desk.

The room was immaculate and gorgeous. It was on the 21st floor and had a perfect view of midtown, including an up-close view of the Empire State Building. The bed was just the way I liked it, and I had a great night's sleep.

Overall this was a wonderful stay, and I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm a fan of Kimpton hotels and have stayed at Ink 48 and 70 Park Avenue, two of Kimpton's other properties in New York. I really like those hotels, so I decided to stay at Eventi on my latest business trip.
I'm glad I did. Eventi is a great hotel with very good service, a central location on 6th Avenue and a restaurant (Humphrey) with a great patio space and the best breakfast and bacon in Manhattan.
My room was large, especially by Manhattan standards and extremely quiet. It also was cool to have a nice view of The Empire State Building from the hotel.
The highlight of my stay, however, came at the hotel bar. The bartender made me a "Life is Beautiful" cocktail with Jack Daniel's rye whiskey (see photo). I need another one ASAP.
If you decide to stay here. sign up for InTouch, Kimpton's guest rewards and loyalty program. You'll get complimentary wifi and a $15 minibar credit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TonySkyline
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was very happy with the choice of Eventi--from the welcome at the front desk to the lovely room--great bathroom and comfortable bed everything was just as I had heard--really, really nice.
As a woman traveling alone I felt safe--loved the yoga mat in the room and the complimentary pilates class. For sure I'll return to this hotel whenever possible.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and it was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy S
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Amy S,
Boom - a Five out of Five review! What a wonderful way to start the week. We are so happy to read you felt right at home and safe with us and that you were able to join our complimentary CoreSenTrik class that we offer every Tuesday-Saturday from 7am-8am for our guests. We hope to see more and more of you!
old forge
Reviewed 20 October 2013

close to the empire bldg and macys. staff helpful. flavored water in lobby a nice touch after walking all day. wine hour on terrace very nice way to unwind. room spacious and bathroom also large especially shower.clean and comfortable bed. better prices than most hotels for the weekend.kimpton memebers recieve free raid the mini bar and wifi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ofdevils,
Thanks so much for the review of your recent stay with us. So glad to read you found Eventi comfortable for your needs and that you were able to join us for our nightly wine reception. Come and see us again soon!
Ampthill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

After spending a few nights in Brooklyn, we transferred to the Eventi for a special birthday night treat and oh, what a treat!

The service was great from beginning to end with a warm welcome and happy birthday on arrival, through to the great concierge always willing to call us cabs or help with bags, through to the special surprise delivery of card, champagne and cupcakes to our room. I honestly couldn't have wished for more!

The room was great too, wonderful view of the Empire Estate and out over Manhattan, nice and spacious bathroom with lovely toiletries.

Overall, cannot fault this place - great location and great everything. we've stayed at Ink48 before and loved it there too but this could be definite competition!

Room Tip: 7001 had a great view of the Empire Estate and was really roomy too!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights on our first trip to NY. After we checked in we wanted to eat (this was around 9PM) and asked the concierge if she could recommend a place locally - she did and it was very nice.

The room was a great size, we had a corner room which looked onto the Empire State building. Comfy bed, free wifi after you sign up for their program, and very clean. Good location near subways and walking to places.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

It is a modern boutique hotel sitting in a great location. Just less than 5 min away from subway station and Herald's Square. I was given the top 26th floor with an amazing view of Empire State Building. The room was beautiful with very nice deco. King size bed and down comforter & pillow are awesome. Bathroom is very spacious, clean and modern. The front desk and house keeping service was good. I really appreciate the free wifi access and good wifi reception. Two things that I did not like is the bathroom maintainence and the room layout. Side mirror was broken and glue on the shower door was sticking out. There is a long corridor in the entrance before you see your bed. Overall, i enjoy very much during my stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends