“A magnificent hotel in a magnificent city”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #47 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I really can't thank the staff at Eventi enough and I can only apologise for taking me so long to write this review!

Even from before I arrived, the staff did every that they could to help make my stay the best ever, helping me with all of the queries that I had. Then I was caught in a snow storm and couldn't check-in when I had originally planned but they made sure everything was ready for me when I eventually could and as soon as I entered my room, I was just sad that I couldn't stay there for longer. The room was so luxurious and comfortable, as was the bathroom. In fact, the whole hotel was just super cool, but not in a pretentious way because everyone is so friendly.

Without a doubt, my trip to NYC was definitely made better by the staff and settings of Eventi. Thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if possible. It's great looking down onto the streets or NYC and see...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Tomato101 - BOOM - we love those 5 star reviews and are psyched that you had such a great stay with us. We will look for you more and more in 2014!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,484)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the minute you walk into the Eventi, you are welcomed and feel that they are really glad you are there. I can't say enough great things about Kimpton and this property in particular. As a Kimpton inTouch member, I got a free upgrade (not sure if that's because of my membership or just because they care so much about guests), two free drinks at the restaurant (for mentioning that month's "secret" code I found online), and a $15 mini-bar credit (as a member). And the rate was very reasonable for NYC ($192 per night). Room was very comfortable and bathroom was great/spacious. The cleanliness was awesome too. Would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

emjaytx - Thanks for the glowing reccomendation! Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We used to stay at the Eventi several times a year for pleasure, but now with my husband's job bringing us up to NY more often for business, as well, we find ourselves in the city more often. Our choice of destination is always the Eventi. We stayed here the month the hotel opened and so we have had a good vantage point to watch the property gains its feet and surpass our expectations. What we find comforting and amazing, even in the midst of all its glorious hipness, is a friendly and thoughtful staff, many of whom have been with the hotel since its inception. The housekeeping here is impeccable, the rooms are fairly consistent (some a bit larger, some with city views, some are suites), but all have a sense of space not always available in NY properties. Wear and tear seems to be kept to a minimum, and the famous wine hour has taken on a fun and festive life of its own. We love this property, and even when given the option to stay elsewhere on someone else's dime, we choose to return here. We are treated like friends and the staff genuinely seems to care if we plan to return. Problems (and there are seldom any) are handled quickly, extra blankets and ice are retrieved and presented efficiently, and the floors are quite quiet. We love the location, very close to Penn and walkable from our train. We have stayed in a lot of hotels in NY in previous years - and none come close to the friendly professionalism of the staff here. Well done to all who make our stay almost like coming home month after month!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

CAScott - what can we say? We love you right back and are so grateful for your support!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were taking the train to NYC, so we looked for a hotel that was easy to get to from Penn Station. We couldn't ask for a better-located hotel; Eventi is just a few blocks away from Penn Station, an easy walk even with a suitcase on a crowded sidewalk.

Check-in was easy and more pleasant here than at any other hotels we've stayed at in a long time. Very friendly, polite staff. We had a Deluxe King room on the 6th floor, facing west. The room was very nicely outfitted, with modern décor. It's plenty large for two people to be very comfortable inside. The bathroom, which had just a shower and not a tub, was super clean (I know it's supposed to be, but may hotel bathrooms don't look it!), beautiful and felt spacious. The bed was very comfortable.

I know the front staff gets asked the same questions over and over about how to get to certain attractions, etc., but they were so helpful and friendly when we approached them with questions, I was almost shocked.

The open terrace lounge on the 2nd floor had a daily "hosted cocktail hour" for the guests (wine, cheese and cracker type of thing, "hosted" meaning free of charge), and we took advantage of it. Nice way to meet new people, and exchange information, too.

A few added notes: 1) Although this hotel isn't exactly inexpensive, I'm giving five stars for Value, given that it's in Midtown Manhattan and is such a nice, clean hotel. 2) The booking page on the hotel's website makes it look as though all Deluxe King rooms are corner rooms, but ours wasn't. 3) It would have been really nice if we'd been able to specify west-facing room or east-facing room. I would have chosen a room facing the Empire State Building.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

fromhawaiitofrance, great handle! Thanks for the review - come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are looking for a centrally located hotel with all of the wonderful amenities of Kimpton, you must stay at Eventi! The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed on a Friday night, and the wine hour at 5pm was fantastic, busy and delicious. We also had some apps and drinks in Humphreys. The pizzas were delicious and great to share. I had a gin drink from the specialty menu, it was very refreshing. The view from the "outside" space in Humphreys is awesome- you look out onto their big screen across a park, which I imagine is great to use during events. I understand know why this is a hot wedding location.
Our room on the 30th street side corner of the hotel, on the 21st floor, was basically an arms length away from the Empire State building. It was truly magical to lay in bed at night looking out at the skyline and lights of New York City!
As a Kimpton InTouch member, the staff knows that I enjoy sweets and beer, so an amenity was sent to my room upon check-in. A much appreciated Kimpton perk.

Room Tip: As for a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

kait m - WOW - thanks for the amazing review. We hope you always stay with us!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just spent the weekend at Eventi and I can't say enough! The location itself can't be beat. Walking distance to a lot of things. Check-in was very smooth and they immediately recognized our InTouch membership status and honored our request for a higher floor. We ended up with a gorgeous room on the 21st floor overlooking the city and Empire State Building. The room was a very good size with a huge comfy bed and sleek bathroom.

Service is top notch. From checking in initially, to our request for some small items we forgot (tweezers, lint roller, shaving cream) - the staff were nothing short of friendly and efficient. Definitely would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor are definitely a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vicdhima9

vicdhima9 - We love that you love us! Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel was located in Chelsea but really was not near any of the areas in NYC that we were interested in seeing. Not really very close to Soho, the Village or uptown. Had to take a cab everywhere we wanted to go. Room was just average with a strange layout. We paid extra for a suite and still room was quite small, even for NYC standards. Definitely do not think it was worth what we paid. Food in hotel restaurant was just slightly above average. Service was good for the most part, except no one offered to take our luggage up to the room upon arrival so we took it up ourselves. Concierge did get us a reservation on short notice to a very popular restaurant, which we appreciated. Overall, this is an ok hotel but there are much better hotels and locations to choose in manhattan. Honestly, I do not think we would stay here again. We almost changed hotels on second night but decided it would be too much trouble. Not what we expected from Kimpton as we have stayed in other properties that were really great.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Restefania

Raymond E - Hmmm, seems like we missed on your stay. Sorry to read, but we hope you give us another chance!