“Not your typical NYC hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #43 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Eventi for my Birthday and it was the perfect getaway! A lovely doorman opened the door for me and I was greeted with a smile by the front desk agent. When I arrived to my room I had a lovely note from Sarah the concierge and an awesome Birthday treat!
The view from my room was amazing, I mean being able to see the Empire State Building is what people dream of when staying in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was a very nice hotel in a great location. From The Eventi it was easy to get anywhere in the city. It's central location was close to many great restaurants, great shopping, and attractions. The hotel was clean and the service was great. We also loved the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm a frequent visitor at the Eventi for business travel, although this is not your typical business hotel. Fun little boutique hotel in mid-town, just far enough from the noise in Time Square yet easy walking distance to lots of neighborhoods. Room service is just ok. And only the suites or handicapped accessible rooms have a bath tub. If you are shower person you'll probably love the modern bathroom. FYI - there is no shower curtain, but you have your choice between a normal shower head or the larger waterfall choice. The staff at the Kimpton are very service friendly and have good recommendations for local restaurants. Highly recommend you take a walk on the High Line (old elevated train now turned into gorgeous modern park). Easy walk from hotel. Great views of city at any time, and I prefer night time. For yoga lovers, there are mats in the room and classes offered (tho I never find time to participate). Also, there is coffee i the lobby in the morning and a wine social I think on Thursday nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I usually stay in the area ( Hampton Garden Inn Madison Square Garden half block away is my regular choice) but this was my first time at Eventi. And I really enjoyed!
Spacious, clean room, nice bed, great rain shower and a partial view of the Empire State Building will make you feel relaxed when indoors.
If you're in shopping mood Eventi is walking distance to Macy's, Victoria's Secret and all stores at 34th/Herald square area. Madison Square Garden ( and Penn Station) are close too.
Staff is very friendly and if you have free wifi are a InTouch member ( Kimpton's loyalty program). My company had a conference at the hotel plus a reception. Catering was good, hadn't try the restaurant though. Bar is well served, but not memorable. Try Ace Hotel's 2 blocks down (29th/Broadway)
I will definitely stay at Eventi again!

Room Tip: Try a high floor facing front to have a view to the Empire State.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MBreak
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Lovely hotel and wonderful staff! The room was beautiful, the bathroom well-appointed, the bed more than comfortable.
The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. We ordered room service when we returned from the theater and the flatbread pizzas were delicious!
And our room had a great view of the Empire State Bldg!
We would definitely return to the Eventi!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I originally stayed at the Eventi last summer to attend a concert and extended my stay to do some business in the city. Not only is the Eventi in a prime location that is easy to access.. the staff is phenomenal.

My first stay I took my 12 week old yellow lab. The staff came up to walk and play with my pup while I went to a concert. They also directed me to dog parks and fun.

Unlike other rooms in NYC, there is plenty of space. The amenities are wonderful - from the complimentary wine hour, free wifi and lovely toiletries.

Through my company,I have several great options in the city. After a recent stay, I have decided I will only stay there! The staff always greets me, sends me personal emails about my stay and is also so helpful!

Thanks Eventi, see you later this week! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Last week was my 3rd stay at the Eventi in the last year and as always, the service, room and overall experience was excellent. From check in to check out everything was outstanding. This is a great Kimpton property with first class staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east will have a view of the Empire state bldg
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo