“easy and comfortable NY hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #47 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Rooms are attractive, clean, and surprisingly spacious. Bathrooms are modern and spotless. Service is friendly and speedy. Location is perfect - walk to Penn Station, close to 34th St subway. Pret a Manger right around the corner for a speedy breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I travel to New York city a couple times a year for technology conferences and other events. Whenever possible, I will choose the Eventi because the room and experience are always outstanding. For personal trips, the hotel is always one of the more affordable modern luxury options (hence the 99% comment) - which is relative in Manhattan depending on demand (seen rates range from $200-$600). A comparable room for size and view seem to cost twice as much in other parts of Manhattan.

Pros:
- Brand new modern rooms in center of Manhattan.
- Upgraded rooms are very large with two person tiled showers and excellent views of Empire State.
- Wine hour is so much fun - especially on the rooftop location they do once a week.
- Kimpton service in heart of New York - if you forget anything, they will bring it including tooth brushes, tooth paste (Tom's which is a nice choice), floss, humidifier, etc.
- Great organic coffee options in lobby during morning hours.
- Location is close to Union Square and metro; and we enjoy this corner of Manhattan since it's much less busy than midtown/times square.
- Hotel never feels crowded.
- Staff is excellent and greet you with a smile near the elevators to welcome you back.
- Enjoy in-touch perks such as complimentary wifi and raid the mini bar (NYC gives you a couple extra bucks compared to other cities)
- If you're celebrating a birthday, let them know as you'll receive an amazing gift of local gourmet chocolates which were outstanding.
- Hotel restaurant is very nice with a unique outdoor patio for non-winter evenings. Food is reasonable and wait staff is not stuffy at all if you choose to eat in a quiet corner just outside the restaurant.

What could have been better:
- My minor complaint is that I seem to receive promotions for Kimpton properties immediately after checking in (happened in San Diego as well); but the hotel will not honor the discount after the room is reserved.

Room Tip: Upgrade to room with view of Empire State.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our experience at Eventi was fantastic from start to finish. My husband and I checked in for a night to celebrate our first anniversary, and we were delighted with the hospitality, cleanliness, and overall experience. Upon arriving, our room was upgraded to one with a better view, which we had requested upon making the reservation. They accommodated our early arrival by allowing us to check in at noon rather than having us wait until two. The concierge, Jason, was very welcoming and sent us a bottle of champagne, a card, and a cupcake to celebrate our anniversary! I The room was beautiful, clean, and had an incredible view. Everything about our stay at Eventi was enjoyable, and we look forward to returning. Thank you! If only all hotels provided such hospitality...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Eventi on business in March 2014.

On arrival the staff were polite and helpful and, as requested, I was given a higher floored room with a city view giving me a nice view of the Empire State Building. I was in a standard suite which wasn't the biggest but perfectly fine for someone staying on their own for business. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom only had a shower which was prefectly fine with me as the waterfall shower was one of the best I've ever been in.

There was a decent restuarant in the hotel but I found myself eating out more as there is plenty around and was cheaper, although in reception there was free coffee in the mornings. The gym was pretty good and there was also a spa, but I didn't use so can't comment. Unfortunately the outside terrace was closed during my stay so didn't get the chance to use it.

Location wise, its pretty good, just below Macy's/Herald Square heading into Chelsea which is undergoing a bit of an overhaul at the moment but Times Square etc is all just a short walk away.

Overall I can't really fault the hotel and staff and although I tend to stay in different hotels when I'am in New York I would return to the Eventi.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We work frequently in NYC, not far from the Eventi. We have stayed everywhere! Uptown on the #1 (we prefer the quiet and more spacious rooms uptown), every little Flat Iron and Penn Station hotel in the area, Times Square..... So many things to love about the Eventi - service is top notch, magnifier mirror in bathroom, terry bathrobes, yoga mat in rooms, floor to ceiling windows,close to #1 and NQR subways, great restaurant, free coffee and wifi for members, comfy beds, lots of handy AC outlets for all devices, parking close -- wow, what a find! only wished we had found the eventi 4 years ago...

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My recent stay at Eventi was incredibly relaxing and highlighted by pleasant interactions with the staff. Stephen, Gabriella, Jairo, Dominique, Jason, and Aston are just a few of the people who were attentive, curteous, and helpful. The room itself was impeccably clean and fully stocked with any item I could have needed. Members of the staff were especially helpful in providing suggestions of places to visit and dine. I will definitely be returning to Eventi.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here on business in March 2014.

Arrived at 12.30am on a coooold Monday night, after getting booted out from their sister property, the Ink48, which had been overbooked. The late night desk staff managed the move well enough, whereby I didn't have to start screaming my head off. They even upgraded us to a suite each.

The location is a lot better than the Ink48, just a few blocks away from Herald Square and Macys and right near Korea Town. I remember this stretch being a bit of an adventure a few years back but things seem to be well on the way down the path of gentrification now.

The room I had was large and spacious. The Living Room had a large couch too hang out on....except I was there too little to enjoy the facilities. The Bedroom had a large king bed, which was very comfortable. The bathroom was large with a shower and a tub...and 2 large "his and her" marble basins. I couldn't complain about the lodgings. And it was nice and quiet despite being fairly close to the street. Personally I would have appreciated one large room vs the break up between the Living and Bed rooms.

I didn't get to use the facilities more since I was working a lot but the hotel seems to have most issues covered. If you're in the mood for some late night snacks, there is an all night convenience store across the road and a 24 hr McD's down the street. And Macy's a few blocks away if you forgot anything at home.

I was comped the wifi, but why not just make it free now...in this day and age...most small cheap hotels even provide that service.

No experience with the restaurant or the gym/etc..., so can't comment on that.

I might stay here again but I am a bit disappointed with the experience at their sister hotel, so it's hard to imagine another stay happening.