“Great Room. Great Bathroom. Perfect Location.”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #43 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've been coming to NYC for business and pleasure for a good 15 years and have stayed at a range of hotels and all over Manhattan. I decided to stay at Eventi on this particular trip because I was coming into the city via Amtrak and wanted someplace close to Penn Station and someplace that allowed me to use a central base for my meetings that ran from Wall Street to Columbus Circle.

Eventi fit my needs perfectly. It was great to walk a few blocks to my hotel after arriving in the city and even better to be able to go downtown or uptown without much travel either way.

While the hotel building itself is rather big, the environment is intimate and subdued both in atmosphere, physical layout, and tone. The room was nicely appointed and roomy by NYC standards. And the very large marble walk-in shower with rain shower head was amazing.

The breakfast downstairs was nice and sunny and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs to print a 50 page document prior to a meeting.

Not one single complaint.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Gerard B

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed in Eventi last summer for my bachelorette weekend. We had several rooms booked and the staff were so wonderful and accommodating. They sent champagne to our rooms and blocked us on the same floor so we had easy access to one another. Loved the free fitness classes and wine hour. A great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Juliana B - Love the 5-Star review and thrilled you and your friends had such a wonderful time with us last summer. We hope to see you again soon as summer is just around the corner.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Eventi, in NYC. We had a quick check-in and they provided champagne. They have a nice bar with an outdoor space and a manager's Happy Hour with free wine and appetizers. Rooms were nice but small, but that to be expected to in NYC.

The main reason we did not provide a higher rating is that Saturday morning they either had a firedrill or something because there was a alarm going off for a while that woke us up and there was no real explanation or reason given. Being woken early on a weekend by an alarm is really unacceptable and rally starts you off on the wrong foot for that day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IBhatti

IBhatti - Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are happy to read that you felt welcomed and were able to join us for our nightly wine reception. Sorry to read that you were disturbed during one of your mornings, we apologize for the inconvenience. We did in fact have a recent incident where we had a legitimate concern on the second floor of our building but we were able to give the All Clear within minutes of the alarm sounding. Regardless we do apologize and hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Eventi was stylish like all Kimpton hotels we've stayed in, this one's rooms subdued and sophisticated rather than bold or themed. Awesomely convenient location for walking to the big downtown attractions, shopping, and the theater district, but also for public transport. Recent but not spanking new renovations: there's been time for some nicks and scratches. Staff honored my request for quiet, out-of-the-way room, preferably with view. The room wasn't spotless when we arrived: there were some greasy smudges on one night table and rings from a glass on the window(!), also a piece of rubbish on the floor--and no bath mat the first night (there was one the next night). Exceptionally large bathroom (but only one basin) and large shower. Though we had a floor-to-ceiling wall of windows and even a window on an adjacent wall, the room-darkening curtains were very effective. The windows were openable. There were all sorts of good eats nearby, and the hotel's list of recommendations seemed reliable, as far as we investigated it (for instance, its top recommendations accorded with those of some review sites). Very helpful and friendly staff. Wifi wasn't free but with a 3G iPad I was online without paying. The room was compact but there was plenty of space to lay out two suitcases for easy access. As a bonus, 6th Avenue, right outside the door, is a blocks-long street fair on Saturdays (not sure which months of the year), selling crafts, jewelry, clothing, and foods representing a multitude of ethnicities. This Kimpton hotel emphasizes its "green" policies less than some others do, and indeed to my sensitive nose the bed and bath linens here had a chemical smell, as they haven't at the others. My husband didn't notice anything, however, and probably most people wouldn't. All in all, our complaints were minor, the benefits considerable, and we'd happily stay there again (but I'd bring my own pillowcase and towel). We've had fine stays in other Kimpton hotels too.

Room Tip: Room 1602 was a winner, at the end of the corridor and even a corner room with a small window around...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magic_carpet_000

magic_carpet_000 - Thanks so much for the 5 star review! We are so happy that you found our location convenient for you and that you were comfortable whiel with us. See you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My 3rd visit in 4 months to the hotel. I regularly stay in hotels worldwide, I have never felt so comfortable and welcome anywhere in my life...the staff cannot do enough to make sure your time in NYC is a great experience. Great rooms, amazing view and location to explore the city. I would recommend this hotel to anybody and everybody and have no doubts your stay will be as enjoyable as mine have been.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

LiamSumpter - Thanks so much. We can feel your love and support from your review and we are so pleased that we will be seeing more of you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled to NYC to celebrate our birthdays (3 days apart). As part of our birthday weekend celebration, we booked the Eventi hotel after reading all the wonderful reviews.

The hotel was gorgeous and the staff was absolutely exceptional! We arrived before check in time and they graciously stored our luggage so we could attend a Broadway show at 2pm. They suggested we call or stop by before leaving for the show to see if our room was ready. We stopped by at 1pm and we were given a beautiful room on the 21st floor (I booked the less expensive lower floors but was upgraded). They wanted to give us a room with a view of the Empire State Building but it wasn't ready yet, but we were welcome to a room looking over 7th Avenue. We took the room that was available with no problem.

When I made the reservation, I noted that we were celebrating our birthdays. When we returned from our show to attend the lovely wine and cheese reception, there was a bottle of champagne, two champagne glasses, two cupcakes and a personally written note from Sarah awaiting us! What a wonderful surprise!

I had signed up for their In Touch rewards program with thanks to the members help here, and we received a 15.00 credit towards anything in the mini-bar, free wifi, as well as the upgrade in the room.

The staff greeted us each time we entered the building and wished us a good time each time we left. There were wonderful terrycloth robes in our closet of our room and the bed was a dream to sleep upon. I couldn't say one thing negative about this stay as there simply was none!

Thank you Eventi staff for a fantastic experience and for making our birthday weekend so much more special! We will be back!

Room Tip: Sign up for In Touch, it's free!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elinore

Elinore - Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. So happy to read that you thought the property was gorgeous and that you found our team welcoming and helpful. Have a wonderful summer and come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've stayed in a few Kimpton hotels before, and The Eventi is hands down my favorite. That being said, it is by far my favorite hotel to stay at while visiting NYC (and I have stayed in quite a few). Bullet-points to quickly cover how awesome this place is:
-Excellent customer service, everyone is so warm and friendly. Special shout out to Gabriella M for making my most recent stay so memorable.
-Free happy hour 5-6 PM with red/white wine, cheese, crackers, fresh fruit
-Big, spacious rooms (*per NYC standards*)
-Extremely comfortable bed. Seriously, so awesome!
-Great location (10 min walk from Grand Central)
-Marble bathrooms, rainfall/doorless shower
-Free wifi / mini bar credit (in-Touch members)
-Clean!
-Competitively priced, yet significantly better than most other hotels in the city

After a few stays here in the past couple months, I have decided to exclusively stay at this hotel while visiting NYC from now on. It will exceed your expectations, guaranteed. Highly, highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

CarmineSandiego - Love the name, very creative! Thanks so much for the glowing review and for giving us the opportunity to be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing more and more of you!