“A wonderful week at Eventi”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #47 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I had never been to New York before and we really had no idea what to expect of where would be best to stay. We decided to stay at the Eventi hotel for a week early April and it we were really glad that we did!

The location was perfect and it was so easy to get anywhere, in fact we were spoilt with the weather so we pretty much walked everywhere we went! Shops, restaurants, cafes, parks, theatres and Madison Square Garden were all on our doorstep so we were spoilt for choice.

The hotel itself was fantastic with the room being clean and comfortable with the most stunning view of The Empire State Building. The staff were friendly and the wine hour a real added bonus! Though Eventi offer complimentary hot drinks in the lobby in the mornings, the only slight downside of the hotel was the lack of tea-making facilities in the rooms. I feel with this the hotel would be perfect.

All-in-all a wonderful hotel which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Davina P - So happy to read that you enjoyed your first trip to NYC and that your week with us at Eventi was just what you hoped for. We look forward to greeting you when you make it back state-side!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,520)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time on Fri. 4/18/14. The 30th Street and 6th Ave. location could not have been more convenient because we were arriving in Manhattan via Penn station and were attending a concert at The Garden that evening. The one-night rate for the room was much higher than I would normally spend, but I know not out of line with other hotel rates in Manhattan. Plus, as I expected of a Kimpton hotel, the quality of service provided was amazing. If there was one opportunity for improvement I say the size of the room could have been larger. I appreciate that the room came with a yoga pad, but the limited free floor space made floor exercise almost impossible.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

AgostinoABurke_VA - Thanks for the review and the 5 out of 5 rating. We hope you enjoyed the Billy Joel concert you attended. Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just stayed at this hotel and as always, the Kimpton experience was unbeatable. The staff were very competent and pleasant. The 5 pm wine service was on the 2nd floor restaurant balcony bar, which was just gorgeous (and it was the best free wine I've ever had at a Kimpton). The rooms were large by NYC standards (especially the bathroom), the wifi was trouble-free, and all of the usual amenities were available (including a yoga mat, which was usable in the long hallway just inside the room).

We traveled there by train and Eventi is just two blocks down and one block over from Penn Station. Once there, we were very close to Broadway and all the tourist opportunities from there south (we were visiting places in Alphabet City, which was walkable from there). There's a great 24-hour deli across the street, and plenty of shopping around (Manhattan Mall is between the hotel and Penn Station, and there are plenty of local shops). The staff are happy to recommend hotels, make dinner reservations, and provide coupons for discounts. Once again, I'm 100% satisfied with my Kimpton experience.

Room Tip: Even on the 18th floor, you will hear some street noise, so ask for a high room if you think that wi...
1  Thank kswygert

kswygert - Well five star reviews sure do make us proud and happy. Thanks for the thorough review and we hope to see more of you this summer!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband & I stayed at Eventi this past week to celebrate his 50th birthday. The hotel is beautiful, clean, well decorated, great location & the staff were all friendly & very helpful. I had previously contacted the hotel to inform that this trip was special in that we were celebrating my husband's birthday. We were given a free room upgrade, which had the most incredible view of the Empire State Building, cupcakes, fresh strawberries & a bottle of champagne! I had also asked that my husband be asked for a copy of his AARP card upon check in & they did it! It was hysterical! Our stay at Eventi was truly special & one we will never forget! Thank you Eventi!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Magnificent_U2 - LOVE the photo! So fun to read that your arrival experience worked out just perfectly for you! Come and celebrate and have more fun with us!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I liked the location of this hotel. Also, the rooms where big for NY. I liked how nice the doorman and the front desk staff where. They seemed switched on and smart. I did not like the food people. They could not manage to get hot coffee to the lobby on any kind of consistent bases. Given that this is one of the few things they offer that is not very impressive. Also, their free happy hour is great but also they seemed a bit confused at those times as well.

Room Tip: I don't like the rooms that have a door to the adjoining room. I can always hear the other gues...
1  Thank JaredDubai

JaredDubai - It's great to read that you enjoyed our staff. We think they are pretty amazing, so thanks for sharing. Come and see more of them this summer!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

A great choice to be accessible to theater, but away from the insanity of Times Square and the theater district. A very easy shot to the theaters by subway or on foot in good weather. Modern, spacious (especially for NY), and well appointed rooms. Comfortable bed. Quiet, which is usually hit or miss for NY hotels. And a nice large bathroom with huge stall shower. The bar/restaurant are a little funky, but that's Kimpton. Overall, a great choice for the money.

1  Thank stempster

stempster - Thanks for your review of you recent stay with us. We really appreciate it and we hope we get the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have been wanting to try this place for a while and am very glad I did. Well-located, extremely quiet and comfortable room. The staff acknowledged our celebration of a friend's professional accomplishment with a bottle of champagne and fruit in his room. Bar staff were welcoming and we found a quieter corner to hang out after dinner. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stephka8888

stephka8888 - Outstanding - we love it! We look forward to welcoming you back this summer!