“Fantastic rooms, excellent location, great staff”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fantastic rooms, excellent location, great staff”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for two nights over Memorial Day weekend and loved Eventi! We arrived very early and the hotel checked our bags at no charge while we ventured through the city. The hotel is in a perfect part of Chelsea if you plan on going all over Manhattan. You're not far from Central Park and the museums, Greenwich Village and SoHo are right down the street, and legendary 5th Ave shopping starts right around the corner. Even getting over to Brooklyn is easy. There are subway stations in every direction and cabs are always running up 6th Ave.

When we finally checked in and got up to the room, we discovered a bottle of sparkling wine on ice and a small box of chocolates the staff graciously left for us as part of my "something special" request on the booking website. A great introduction to Eventi. Our room (corner room with a king bed) was quite spacious especially by Manhattan standards. Plenty of room for luggage, shopping bags, and piles of random stuff one accumulates while traveling. We had two huge floor-to-ceiling corner windows with a decent view of the west side of Chelsea. The room was well-lit, comfortable, and clean. Power outlets were conveniently located on the nightstands.

The bathroom was very spacious and clean as well. Marble floors and countertops, a rainfall shower-head, and a regular shower-head. There was a even a little bench to sit down in the shower. One strange thing we noticed was that there was no door to the shower, so half the shower stall is basically completely exposed to the rest of the bathroom. It was weird, but somehow we didn't get water all over the floor.

We were high up on the 14th floor and facing away from 6th Ave, so we didn't experience any street noise issues that are common in Midtown-area hotels. Be sure to keep that in mind here too. Touring the city typically means you're only in the hotel room to sleep and shower, but if you find yourself relaxing in the hotel for a while, they have a lot of amenities and services like 24-hour room service, 24-hour fitness facility, and spa services by appointment. We didn't partake in any of those during our stay so I can't comment on them.

We forgot to bring toothpaste and I forgot my shaving razor, but no worries. Eventi supplies toiletries and small amenities like that at no charge. I called the front desk and they promptly sent up some travel-size toothpaste, a disposable razor, and a free toothbrush too. Great service.

I would 100% recommend this hotel. Impressive service, perfect location, and spacious rooms. I would say it's tremendous value for Manhattan. I've stayed in many hotels in the city before and space is at a premium. Eventi manages to give you plenty of space and amenities without skimping on quality.

Eventi made our weekend getaway to NY a memorable one. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise and A/C unit noise from neighboring rooftops. The hotel offers...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Benny C - Love it, thanks for celebrating a holiday weekend with us! Come and see us this summer as we are gearing up for alot of fun!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Eventi Hotel is very good for a short stay. The staff is extremely kind and with a good sense of humor!
Located in Midtown with restaurants and shops the hotel is highly recommendable! And not far from Penn Station! No need to take a cab, just walk around in the area.

The corner room 'King Deluxe room' with ceiling to floor windows on the 9th floor has a great view on the city, very close to the Empire State building (which is coloured light during the night).

1 Thank Ed020
Ed020 - Love it all! And we think you are pretty great too, come and see us again when you are stateside and good luck in the World Cup!
New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We made a long weekend out of our visit to the Eventi during March. There were a few things going on that weekend: March madness, so the hotel was filled with people visiting Madison Square Garden (just a few blocks away); construction in the lobby, so we didn't get to enjoy that chic Kimpton welcome. Nonetheless, the hotel and staff were impeccable. We were welcomed at check-in with a glass of champagne. We also got our upgrade, so we had a room with a nice living space with a couch and amazing views of the Empire State Bldg. The bathroom, filled with wall-to-wall marble, was absolutely stunning. Probably the nicest bathroom I've ever been in, to be honest. The gym was a bit cramped, but it got the job done. We were not able to take advantage of the wine hour or the restaurant this trip, though I can report from previous visits that the restaurant is good+. Don't stay here if you don't want to spend money, though; it is expensive, but, in my opinion, worth every penny. Skip the Hilton or Hyatt (or whatever) and stay here instead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plt981
plt981 - Thanks! Who wouldn't love to be described as stunning? We look forward to you joining us for wine hour this summer!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Eventi over the Memorial Day weekend. From start to finish, we were impressed with the hotel. First - if you are going to stay here (or any Kimpton for that matter), you should join Kimpton's InTouch program. I did before I booked, and ended up getting a 20% off discount for our first stay at any Kimpton. Also comes with free Wifi and a minibar credit.

We were greeted with a warm welcome at the hotel, no line at check in, and the front desk was very friendly. We were on a 'babymoon' which I had noted in our reservation, and a number of people congratulated us, and there was a nice card and fruit platter in our room when we arrived. Lots of small touches which add up to a great experience.

The location is great for exploring Manhattan. The neighborhood itself is just average, not bad by any means. It's close to several subway stops and is great to go uptown or downtown, pretty easy to get to anywhere. We stayed in a Cityview King room on the 15th floor - had really awesome views, we were staring right at the Empire State Building. Room was pretty good sized for an NYC hotel room, bathroom was impressive, lots of storage for luggage - really no complaints at all. Room, hallways, all hotel facilities were very clean and appeared to be well maintained. I also thought our room was great value - Manhattan hotels can be absurdly expensive and I felt like we paid a very fair rate and got a high quality room, definitely money well spent. All staff we encountered, from housekeeping to front desk to the people who took room service orders were very friendly and helpful.

I have only 2 small complaints. First, the elevator situation. The hotel was very busy and has 3 elevators, but one was out of service. This was a pain, as there were wait times for the elevators and it seemed to take quite awhile to get up and down. However these things happen, certainly did not reflect any neglect on the hotel's part, just more of an inconvenience. Also - room service took around 30-40 minutes to be delivered, and we just ordered basic appetizers, not full meals. Seemed to be longer than I would expect, but again it was busy.

We would definitely stay here again, and have always had great experiences at Kimpton hotels. Great job Eventi!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ituleb - Thanks for the review, we hope to see you back again soon this summer!
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I love Kimpton Hotels in general and the Eventi is a fantastic place to stay in NYC. It's smack dab in the middle of everything --- super friendly staff, great decor and vibe as well. I was fortunate enough to get a free upgrade to an executive suite with a cool little sitting area and separate bedroom with a king sized bed -- nice! The rooms are still fairly small but it's NYC so I suppose square footage is a premium.

After doing some walking around, I ended up at the 2nd floor hotel bar and bellied up for a couple of beers and dinner. It was dead, which suited me just fine and the bartender, Scott was very engaging and outgoing -- he was helping a new bartender named Tatiana and she did a great job of walking me through the IPA's and menu. I eventually settled on the bacon cheeseburger with fries and it did not disappoint - very tasty and cooked to perfection. . Overall, the food was very good, fresh, and refined. It's bit overpriced but I wasn't disappointed with the meal so I shouldn't complain.

I love the double-head shower with the bench so you can just sit and chill and let the water wash over you but unfortunately, the water pressure is a bit weak and I hard a really difficult time regulating the temperature. Hard to relax when you're constantly tweaking the temperature because it's going from warm to scolding hot. Not sure if this is water heater issue or if I'm a goofball but it was a bit frustrating.

They have a great mini-bar as well --- a lot of goodies to choose from. I happened to have a $15 gift card for the mini-bar so I dug into some late snacks before crashing.

Again the rooms are very nice and comfy with everything you need. I absolutely loved the bed and linens. After a long day of traveling, I felt like I was floating on a cloud.

Probably being nit-picky but the walls do seem a little thin. You're in the middle of the city so you're going to hear a siren or two but hearing people come and go in the halls took some getting used to. It wasn't a major deal and really didn't impact my overall stay but I thought I should probably mention it for those that are very noise-sensitive.

At the end of the day, it does not get much better than the Eventi IMO and I will definitely plan to stay here again (and other Kimpton Hotels) when traveling. I highly recommend the brand!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at room number 1105, view is amazing on the 11th floor, overlooking some skyscraper. Room is quite spacious and it has comfy bad. Very similar setting to Hotel Avenida de Liberdade in Portugal, except for the fact that Kimpton tower is taller. The hotel has a very pleasant amenity It has fitness and the location is superb. Just few blocks (5 mins walking distance from madison square garden). One thing that can be improved let say is the bath room. Although the bathroom is large, it doesnt have a bath up. It will be perfect if it has one. All and all, I am completely satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The concierge was welcoming and efficient. No waiting in line for check in. Everything is smooth with no fussiness. Nice coffee and tea bar in the Lobby in the morn. Every night from 5-6 wine is complimentary served in a terrific space that allows for private conversations with huge windows to view the weather outside. We shared a room that was a small suite for three and other than a somewhat nominally efficient hair dryer and no washcloths was well-lit for reading and lovely bedding and terrific shower. Would check in again.!

• Stayed May 2014
Janice W - Thanks for the review! So happy to read you enjoyed yoru visit and thanks for joining us at wine hour!