“Great Location, Awesome Rooms and Rock star staff”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, VA (Metro DC)
“Great Location, Awesome Rooms and Rock star staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I are loyal Kimpton patrons and the Eventi has become our go-to hotel in NYC. The rooms are stellar, the restaurant has awesome food and wine (even late night room service was excellent), and the staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is really great--walking distance from Penn Station if you take the train, easy walk to Bryant Park, Eatly, Highline and Meatpacking district. A great place for coffee is Gregory's which is only a block away. There is also a great wine shop on the next block and a 24-hour market across the street that offers fresh sandwiches and snacks galore. Can't say enough about this hotel. Look no further for your home away from home in the city.

Room Tip: Sign up for Kimpton's free loyalty program to get great room deals. Corner rooms are very spacio...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
nvagirl1 - Thanks! What a great review and so great to read we will be you new NYC home away from home! See you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First time staying in Kimpton Hotels & restaurants.
The hotel reception staff were very polite and couteous. I was checked in in less than 5 mintes and had the best service ever. The lady at reception asked whetehr it was my first time in their hotel and as I said yes, she decided to upgrade my room. What a surprise and definately a legendary service for a customer that checked in for the first time.
My room was spacious and defiiantely much bigger than my other stays in NY hotels. Free WiFi, 24 hour gym (with water dispensor and apple bowl) made my day. The room wes clean with all normal amenities to make my stay comfortable. I even managed to borrow an adopter during my stay which is a basic travellers need but most hotels don't carry it anymore.
I have already recommended the hotel to my colleagues and will definately come back in future vsisits to NY if I stay in Downtown section of the city.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a good veiw
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank moje a
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
mojea - "the best service ever" - WOW! what an awesome comment - thank you so much! Great to see that you enjoyed all of our amenities from the gym, to the wifi, and even borrowing an adaptor. And thank you so much for recommending our hotel to your colleagues as well!
St. Louis
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I got a great deal on hotwire for this hotel and after staying elsewhere in the city, I appreciate it even more.

The Eventi is affordable luxury. The rooms were large by New York standards. The bathroom had a shower and a tub. The beds were comfortable and the pillows weren't the sink your head to the bed pillows. They were fluffy and full. It was just so nice to have a place to go back to and relax after being in the busy city.

The location of this hotel is an excellent selling point. It's on the outskirts of Chelsea near the Flat Iron district. Koreatown is literally across the street. It is in the midst of everything but is not crazy busy location like in Midtown. The subways are really accessible and close by. Not much of a walk at all.

I really enjoyed the wine happy hour. I got to see the soccer game on their big screen in the restaurant that is outside. It is a definite must. The coffee and juice left downstairs was great too.

I can't say how much I really enjoyed this hotel. I would highly recommend, and if I ever come back to the city, I'll stay at the Eventi.

1 Thank Ana_belle03
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Ana_belle03, Thanks for the 5 star review! We love your icon photo too, the next time you visit you need to bring your hounds - we are very pet friendly! Hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great customer service, awesome location. I surprised my wife for a quick getaway and booked a room based on reviews. When we arrived I asked for a higher floor room and they quickly obliged. When we came into the corner room it hadn't been cleaned. I then asked one of the maids to give it a "quick once over," and she called the manager (without my knowledge). Within 10 minutes he was there with a key to a suite...very impressive!

1 Thank Dan N
Dan N - Thanks for the review! So happy that you loved the suite and the view. Come and see us again soon!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I were visiting our daughter in NYC and after an exhaustive search, found the Eventi. We enjoyed virtually everything about our stay -- the staff was professional and courteous, our room was clean (with a great view of the Empire State Building), the pillows and sheets were extremely comfortable, and the bathroom was large with an awesome shower. I also especially enjoyed the hand-written welcome note from our housekeeper. In fact, the only negative thing I have to say (and the only reason I am not giving the property five circles) was that I was disappointed with the quality of the towels. They were thinner and less fluffy than I would have expected. Finally, a word about the wi-fi. It was listed at $14 per day, but when I signed up for Kimpton's loyalty program (free), the wi-fi was free. Nevertheless, should I need a hotel for my next visit to NYC, I will not hesitate to stay at the Eventi again.

Green Features: The hotel let us re-use our towels and did not automatically replace them.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emjayess
Emjayess - So glad to read that you won't hesitate to stay with us again in the future. And hey we love your sense of humor! We assure you we must have had a bad day because our quality of linens and terry is usally bragged about. Come and see us again and we will have the fluffiest towels for you!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've stayed in other Kimpton properties and much like the others, the Eventi hit the ball out of the park. We had a very late (or early) check-in (4 A.M.) and from that point to time of departure, the staff was friendly, courteous, professional, and informative. Room was bigger than I had expected it to be, the bathroom was quite large, and the shower was amazing! Speaking of amazing, the bed. Oh, man, the bed. It was exquisite. Another terrific touch is the wine happy hour on the 5th floor terrace (free to hotel guests). The weather was perfect and it was lovely to have a glass of wine while taking in the view down Sixth Ave. Well done, Eventi! We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
mastodfow - Boom - love those 5 star reviews! Thanks! Come and see us again soon!
Celebration,Florida,USA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is quiet and luxurious. I was visiting NYC with my college age son and my teenage daughter who was attending a pre college program at the Fashion Institute of Technology a few blocks away. We were on the 10th floor and we all slept wonderful every night. The beds were extremely comfortable. My favorite part of the room was the ample size, the yoga mat provided in the closet (LOVED THAT!) and the rooms lighting. Most hotel rooms are dark but the layered lighting in the room was really great (except for the motion sensor closet light which needed a very active arm wave to get on and keep it on). The bathroom was luxurious and incredibly relaxing. A perfect welcome after walking around the city for 8 hours at a time. The mid town location is convenient however the neighborhood is filled with a mix of wholesale industry stores and people busily rushing to where they need to be. As a result of the chaotic activity when stepping out of the hotel I only gave the hotel 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family