“Faaaaaabulous hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Coronado, California
“Faaaaaabulous hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went to NYC to attend my dear friend's wedding--and to stay--at The Eventi. I do not have anything negative to say about the hotel, its staff, its location, nothing. I had a great view of The Avenue of the Americas from my 15th floor corner room with a king-size bed. The room was immaculate. I left a toiletry at home, so when I called room service to help me out, a gentleman was at my door in a matter of a few minutes with the requested item. He could not been nicer or more professional. The hotel has a free daily happy hour from 5:00-6:00 p.m. I enjoyed some tasty red wine one evening and some freshly made red wine sangria the next night. The sangria really hit the spot after I spent the day walking fifty blocks! The entire staff--from the front desk, maids, servers, concierge--all had smiles on their faces and made me feel so welcome and special each and every time I saw them. And the food at the wedding was fantastic. The steak dinner was the best I had in quite some time. While the hotel is a little more than what I am used to spending when traveling, I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel the next time I go to NYC. It was worth every cent that I paid for, and then some. I cannot recommend this hotel highly or strongly enough!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are awesome. Such great views no matter which side you are on? One thing that fasci...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Cindy Castillo M - Thank you so much for this glowing review! We are happy to hear that you were so pleased with the service from all of our staff. We are absolutely going to share this review with all of them. Congrats to the newly married couple!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Mckinney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am a busy person as most of us are. So for me to take a moment to write a review IS a big deal (for me that is:) THAT IS HOW AH-MAZING and accommodating the staff at the EVENTI is. I based my decision to stay at the Eventi on a phone conversation I had with the concierge (Juan )who patiently answered all of my questions. Once there I found every staff member to be just as friendly and patient. Kudos to the manager for recognizing talented people and hiring them!
This will be the only hotel I'll stay at in NYC!

• Stayed August 2014
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Eisprincess - WOW! We could not have written this review any better. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us! We certainly appreciate all of the wonderful things you had to say about our staff and management as well. We will be sure to review with them!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my third stay at a Kimpton property. I had been very impressed with stays in San Francisco and Philly and thought I would give this NYC hotel a try. The highlights are the views (at least from the City Views section) and location. My room was on the 17th floor and had amazing view of the Empire State building. It was also a clear night with a "super moon" and the views were spectacular. The room was on the small size - just room for the king sized bed but with a nice bath. Rooms and lobby were very clean and well furnished. The staff were nice, but not as friendly as the other Kimpton hotels. The other downsides were the large amount of construction underway adjacent to the hotel. The breakfast buffet was great but after adding in automatic 18% (which I think is wrong for buffet) and NYC taxes soon gets in the mid 30"s. The next day I did much better at a local restaurant.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get a room above the 14th floor with city views. Get one on the Empire State Buildi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Michael K - that "supermoon" view was spectacular! We are pleased that you had a great view from the 17th floor to see it! Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we certainly do appreciate your feedback.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Good hotel, it will be better when the bar area is moved to the area on the ground floor which will increase the capacity as the current bar area is not a massive space.
Very friendly and helpful staff, the location will depend on where you need to be close to, my office is next to Madison Square Gardens, so the Eventi was a short walk away.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the Empire State Building.
Green Features: Nothing over and above standard hotel practices, although the towels appeared to be changed each day.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Darbyp - Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your kind words about our friendly and helpful staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. Everything was up to my expectations (which were pretty high), and I would absolutely stay here again.

The Room - It's NYC, so you can't expect a huge room, but for NYC standards, the room was pretty decently sized. It was very clean, with modern decor, and definitely up to date for today's travelers (read: lots of sockets to charge all our electronics!). I had a king sized bed, which was super comfortable and I slept pretty well every night. The bathroom was also fantastic - clean marble floors. Toiletries were top notch, and I greatly appreciate the list of items that were available to me that I may have forgotten. The shower has a bench, which is very useful, and water pressure, heat, etc were all great. My only gripes would be that the lighting in the room is a little dim and not super intuitive, and that one group of sockets by the bed did not work (but easily fixed when I just used the sockets on the other side of the bed).

The Service - Everyone at The Eventi was super friendly and helpful - from housekeeping, room service, reception, and the bellmen. What I particularly liked was every time I came back to the hotel, someone would say "Welcome back!" Very nice touch, Kimpton Group.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton Loyalty program, and you will automatically get free wifi, and credit towards the m...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Cwazy G - We love living up to high expectations - glad to see that we met your standards of cleanliness and service! That "Forgot it, We got it" list is super useful, right? Come back and see us again soon!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our family of 4 was pleased with our stay at Eventi. Room had two queen beds (which can be hard to find in NYC), a very nice bathroom and floor to ceiling windows which made the room feel more spacious. Staff were always helpful. I love the strawberry water available in the lobby and the free wine hour which is served in their restaurant / bar area on the 2nd floor and is a quiet, patio garden which is lovely after being on the crowded streets each day. Room was very quiet except 2 hours one afternoon when the building across the way had a live band playing a gig on their roof top for a crowd - fun to see! Air Con and shower good and the wifi reliable (free when you sign up for Kimpton membership). Room was clean and in good order. McDonalds and Starbucks a block away, and subway stations were 2 short blocks. I liked the location as it was just south of crazy Time Square and easy walk to get to Chelsea and Gramercy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GilliGorilla - Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Sounds like the family trip went very well, and we are pleased to see that Eventi played a part in that!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here for a few nights for my Honeymoon. The hotel was so beautiful and they placed us in a room facing the Empire State Building. The staff was amazingly helpful and gave us passes to the Empire State Building to skip the lines, as well as recommended delicious restaurants. They also sent up champagne and fruit to our room since it was our honeymoon. They also have wine happy hour from 5-6 where all wine if free in their restaurant area!
The hotel is fairly centrally located and we were able to walk everywhere we needed to go, from central park, to the statue of liberty. If you do not like to walk they are close to the subway.
All in all our stay could not have been more perfect. I would highly recommend Eventi to anyone looking to stay in NYC.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room with a city view. These have wall to floor windows and it is defini...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
isamarie01 - Thank you so much for highly recommending Eventi to all! We are so pleased that you chose to stay with us for your Honeymoon trip to NYC!