“Just perfect!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #47 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I went to New York with my mum and dad and my boyfriend. We stayed here over Christmas and we were also celebrating my mum's 60th and my boyfriend's 30th. As my dad had told the hotel staff about the birthdays we were given two high up city view rooms with amazing views of the empire state!! Our bed was unbelievably comfortable and seemed bigger than a king size. The hotel staff also brought up two bottles of fizz, cupcakes, chocolates, gingerbread men and a card to celebrate the occasions! The staff that work at the hotel could not do enough for us to ensure our stay was perfect - which it most definitely was! I cannot recommend this place enough - excellent location, amazing rooms and fantastic staff!! Made our holiday very memorable and special.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Louise181285 - Sounds like this was a very successful Christmas and birthday trip! We are so glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was perfection. Hopefully, we get to welcome you and the family back to Eventi soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,520)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my first stay at the Eventi, I came while searching for an apartment in New York. The location of the hotel was perfect for jumping on the subway, taxi, or walking to close by neighborhoods. The buffet breakfast was a great start to the day both mornings, and by the second day the water had even remembered our drink choices from the day before which was a nice touch. The fronk desk staff was helpful enough to print a couple of documents I needed as well for the apartment search which was very nice.

The lobby was having some construction or things moved around when we were there, blocking the other entrance which made things a bit hectic, but the staff seemed to be doing their best to get it done quickly and quietly which was appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Kathryn D - Congrats on the move to NYC! We certainly hope your apartment search is going well. Hopefully, Eventi can remain your hotel of choice when family and friends comes to visit you! Thanks for the awesome review!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went to NYC to attend my dear friend's wedding--and to stay--at The Eventi. I do not have anything negative to say about the hotel, its staff, its location, nothing. I had a great view of The Avenue of the Americas from my 15th floor corner room with a king-size bed. The room was immaculate. I left a toiletry at home, so when I called room service to help me out, a gentleman was at my door in a matter of a few minutes with the requested item. He could not been nicer or more professional. The hotel has a free daily happy hour from 5:00-6:00 p.m. I enjoyed some tasty red wine one evening and some freshly made red wine sangria the next night. The sangria really hit the spot after I spent the day walking fifty blocks! The entire staff--from the front desk, maids, servers, concierge--all had smiles on their faces and made me feel so welcome and special each and every time I saw them. And the food at the wedding was fantastic. The steak dinner was the best I had in quite some time. While the hotel is a little more than what I am used to spending when traveling, I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel the next time I go to NYC. It was worth every cent that I paid for, and then some. I cannot recommend this hotel highly or strongly enough!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are awesome. Such great views no matter which side you are on? One thing that fasci...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Cindy Castillo M - Thank you so much for this glowing review! We are happy to hear that you were so pleased with the service from all of our staff. We are absolutely going to share this review with all of them. Congrats to the newly married couple!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am a busy person as most of us are. So for me to take a moment to write a review IS a big deal (for me that is:) THAT IS HOW AH-MAZING and accommodating the staff at the EVENTI is. I based my decision to stay at the Eventi on a phone conversation I had with the concierge (Juan )who patiently answered all of my questions. Once there I found every staff member to be just as friendly and patient. Kudos to the manager for recognizing talented people and hiring them!
This will be the only hotel I'll stay at in NYC!

• Stayed: August 2014
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Eisprincess - WOW! We could not have written this review any better. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us! We certainly appreciate all of the wonderful things you had to say about our staff and management as well. We will be sure to review with them!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my third stay at a Kimpton property. I had been very impressed with stays in San Francisco and Philly and thought I would give this NYC hotel a try. The highlights are the views (at least from the City Views section) and location. My room was on the 17th floor and had amazing view of the Empire State building. It was also a clear night with a "super moon" and the views were spectacular. The room was on the small size - just room for the king sized bed but with a nice bath. Rooms and lobby were very clean and well furnished. The staff were nice, but not as friendly as the other Kimpton hotels. The other downsides were the large amount of construction underway adjacent to the hotel. The breakfast buffet was great but after adding in automatic 18% (which I think is wrong for buffet) and NYC taxes soon gets in the mid 30"s. The next day I did much better at a local restaurant.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get a room above the 14th floor with city views. Get one on the Empire State Buildi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Michael K - that "supermoon" view was spectacular! We are pleased that you had a great view from the 17th floor to see it! Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we certainly do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Good hotel, it will be better when the bar area is moved to the area on the ground floor which will increase the capacity as the current bar area is not a massive space.
Very friendly and helpful staff, the location will depend on where you need to be close to, my office is next to Madison Square Gardens, so the Eventi was a short walk away.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Darbyp - Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your kind words about our friendly and helpful staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. Everything was up to my expectations (which were pretty high), and I would absolutely stay here again.

The Room - It's NYC, so you can't expect a huge room, but for NYC standards, the room was pretty decently sized. It was very clean, with modern decor, and definitely up to date for today's travelers (read: lots of sockets to charge all our electronics!). I had a king sized bed, which was super comfortable and I slept pretty well every night. The bathroom was also fantastic - clean marble floors. Toiletries were top notch, and I greatly appreciate the list of items that were available to me that I may have forgotten. The shower has a bench, which is very useful, and water pressure, heat, etc were all great. My only gripes would be that the lighting in the room is a little dim and not super intuitive, and that one group of sockets by the bed did not work (but easily fixed when I just used the sockets on the other side of the bed).

The Service - Everyone at The Eventi was super friendly and helpful - from housekeeping, room service, reception, and the bellmen. What I particularly liked was every time I came back to the hotel, someone would say "Welcome back!" Very nice touch, Kimpton Group.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton Loyalty program, and you will automatically get free wifi, and credit towards the m...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Cwazy G - We love living up to high expectations - glad to see that we met your standards of cleanliness and service! That "Forgot it, We got it" list is super useful, right? Come back and see us again soon!