“perfect hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #44 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a fine and comfortable hotel, right in the middle of things. Very comfortable and well-isolated rooms, good beds, spacious bathroom, killer views of the Imperial State Building. Both housekeeping and reception staff were very friendly. Pleasant glasshouse restaurant which doubles as breakfast room (the buffet is good). The price is steep, however - as for any good hotel in Midtown. I would come back here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

wimbrussel - We are so happy to see you thought of Eventi as a "perfect hotel". Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all of the kind things you had to say about our staff and restaurant as well! Hopefully we are able to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Eventi. The rooms are a good size, bathroom is large and beds were comfortable. We were on the 17th floor which was nice as we didn't get any city noise. Staff was friendly. Location worked well for us as we were close to Penn station and also had not stayed in this area of New York before so we got to explore a bit. Plenty of shopping in the close vicinity and we were close to Broadway Bites (really cool area with food stands) it was our first time to experience the food there and it was great.

Also, there were two teen internet celebrities staying at the hotel and I will say the hotel handled the crowd well. It never became an issue with getting in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

YH0504 - Thank you for this review! Glad to see that your trip to NYC was enhanced by the great location of our hotel and that high floor room with the awesome views of the city!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I loved this hotel. I live only 50 miles from NYC and have stayed in a lot of hotels but the Eventi will be my "go to hotel" from now on. First of all it has a smaller feel. The staff was warm and welcoming and genuinely nice. The place is cool looking but elegant at the same time. We were upgraded to a one bedroom on a very high floor. The room was spotless. The bathroom was cool. Lots of outlets everywhere. The housekeeper saw my birthday cards and had a fruit and cheese plate delivered to the room...just to be nice. We had Saturday brunch on the indoor/outdoor patio (parts of the patio roof retract) and the brunch was yummy. This hotel is in a great location for Bway shows (yet slightly away from the Times Square craziness) and MSG (Madison Square Garden).

Room Tip: If you join Klimpton Karma you get free wifi and a dollar allowance for the mini bar.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Joyce B - Thank you SO much for this awesome review of Eventi! We certainly love to hear that our rooms are "spotless"and that we are now your new choice hotel for all of your travels to NYC! Seeing as I oversee the Housekeeping staff, I just loved the comments about our housekeeper who sent you birthday goodies to the room! Please feel free to email me when your travel plans bring you back to NYC! Kenza.Sebti@eventihotel.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was in NY for my son's wedding. The location was ideal but most importantly the service at this hotel was exceptional. The staff was so nice and accommodating, service was immediate and it was a busy weekend there. The rooms were delightfully comfortable and clean and the view was fabulous. I would recommend Eventi to any friend or family traveling to NYC. I will be back.

Room Tip: For the beauty of NYC, go high up for the view! 1 bedroom suites are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Bonnie L - Congratulations on your son getting married! Thank you so much for these wonderful comments about our staff and service. We really appreciate this 5 star review!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

For my wife's birthday I decided we would visit New York - something she had always wanted to do. After searching through hundreds of hotels we decided the Eventi would fit the bill. The hotel was not cheap and we were looking forward to the exemplary service that we had read about. Also, as a gay couple we were looking forward to staying in a hotel that had a 'rainbow' flag for equality service (our first mistake).

On checking into the hotel we approached the desk together (as you do) and stood for a minute whilst the desk clarks talked between each other. When acknowledged I provided the name that the room was booked in, we were asked for both names and I was immediately asked 'are you both staying in one room?'

We then had an issue with leaving the card deposit for the room as we wanted to use a debit, not credit card. Whilst transferring money between accounts we were summarily ignored and the staff resumed their conversations between each other.

When the deposit was transferred to the hotel we were provided with our room keys and explained where the room was. There was no offer of assistance with our luggage or room choice.

Our room itself was lovely, clean, huge very comfy bed and view of, well of the streets of New York.

We headed out to enjoy the city and realised the true beauty of the hotel - location. It is perfectly situated for walking everywhere. Over our 4 night stay we never took the subway, instead choosing to burn off the calories we were eating, walked from this very central location.

Upon returning to the hotel, the door was never opened for us by a very trendy looking chap who I believe was meant to open the door for people and we were summarily ignored as we walked through the reception. The most helpful and friendly member of staff was the lady who seated us daily at breakfast - we would get a weather forecast for the day (very relevant as it was -10c most days) and a friendly smile. The continental breakfast included was sufficient for us and kept us going until a late lunch time. The waiting staff were very friendly.

We slept well every night, there were some sounds of sirens but this was only to be expected. The pillows were to die for, as was the mattress and bedding.

Upon check out we were again spoken to the desk staff with disdain, asking if it was 'just one room' and asking if we were ok to have our bags put together. This felt a bit strange, sisters go on holidays and share rooms and it felt very pointed to me, especially when there were other visitors standing around the desk and checking in and out. It felt quite unpleasant and pointed and did spoil my stay, fortunately my wife wasn't too bothered by it.

Upon returning home I emailed the hotel to complain about the behaviour of the staff and was told 'it would have been because you had the same surname they were checking you were in the same room' (This to me made no sense and seemed to be a cover of the homophobic behaviour of the staff) and also a brief apology stating that they would address the issue with the staff... I rarely use that word but the staff on the desk behaved as though they were too trendy to deal with the likes of us, and pointed out at every opportunity that we are a gay couple.

I have travelled all over the world and never been treated like this in any country. I will not be returning to the Kimpton brand hotels and would advise other gay couples to stay away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth_NichG
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Ruth_NichG - Thank you for your feedback about your visit with us. I am glad to read that you found our location just perfect and you found the bed and pillows so comfortable. I certainly am sorry to read of the other troubles you encountered both during check-in with the authorization process and the concern with our front desk staff. I must say I am surprised to read your comments as our team is known for their friendliness, but I would be happy to discuss further. Kindly email me at julian.miller@eventihotel.com Thank you, Julian Miller - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After an excellent stay at another Kimpton hotel, we decided to switch from our usual New York City hotel, and give the Eventi a try. We started off with friendly greetings from the gentlemen outside, received a warm welcome at the front desk, and a choice of a lower floor then or a high floor at 3:00. We opted to go to a museum and come back at 3:00. We ended up with a corner room on the 22nd floor with an absolutely breathtaking view. The room itself was comfortably large, quietly chic, and spotless. The bathroom had a spa-like shower which pleased even a bath taker like me. When we asked about the Highline at the desk, we received a map as well as verbal directions. Upon our return, we were asked how we enjoyed it. The breakfast buffet was much fresher and of a higher quality than the usual fare. We only stayed one night, but we will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

BroomerParker - That view on the high floor is pretty amazing. This was great to see that we were able to get you all the way on the 22nd floor. Sounds like you were expert travelers and got to see a lot of NYC! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I went to New York with my mum and dad and my boyfriend. We stayed here over Christmas and we were also celebrating my mum's 60th and my boyfriend's 30th. As my dad had told the hotel staff about the birthdays we were given two high up city view rooms with amazing views of the empire state!! Our bed was unbelievably comfortable and seemed bigger than a king size. The hotel staff also brought up two bottles of fizz, cupcakes, chocolates, gingerbread men and a card to celebrate the occasions! The staff that work at the hotel could not do enough for us to ensure our stay was perfect - which it most definitely was! I cannot recommend this place enough - excellent location, amazing rooms and fantastic staff!! Made our holiday very memorable and special.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Louise181285 - Sounds like this was a very successful Christmas and birthday trip! We are so glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was perfection. Hopefully, we get to welcome you and the family back to Eventi soon!