“Usual great Kimpton touches”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #48 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rss36

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Whoever hired the staff at this hotel should get a raise. It wasn't just that everyone went out of their way to be helpful, friendly and fun, though they did. The best thing is that they were also thoughtful.

We had been booked at another hotel in Times Square but when an ad came for the Eventi I asked my colleagues if they wanted to try it. I was a little nervous going to a brand new hotel, especially since I had suggested it. I needn’t have worried. Every one of my colleagues has thanked me for finding such a great spot.

The rooms were lovely, the hotel itself had the usual Kimpton funky vibe. They had a great patio on the 5th floor (I can't imagine why they didn't put the restaurant there). Only a couple of complaints about the place: 1. they need more practice in the restaurant, and they were a little obsequious. Yes, I can push my own elevator button! 2. The air system in the room was loud. I had to turn it off to sleep and then it was too hot. 3. Some of my co-workers' keys kept having to be reset.

But please don't let any of these little negatives scare you off. The bed was comfy, the atmosphere was elegant, comfortable and funky all at the same time, and we were very, very well taken care of, from receiving large packages before getting there to having any little need taken care of when we were there. But the best part was just the attitude of the staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank helgap01

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2010

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2010

Reviewed 29 May 2010

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Eventi – Chelsea – Grand Opening

I checked in the evening of the Grand Opening at the Eventi Hotel in Chelsea on May 14th. The staff could not be more inviting. They were very welcoming as we arrived. The Staff very excited that my doggie was the first to check into the hotel. The Lobby area has a nice small sitting area where they have the wine hour. Unfortunately the roof deck and restaurant was not open yet. I knew about this and figured it was ok, because NYC had so many dining options to offer.

Check in was a zip and we were up to our “City View” room in NO time! And my jaw dropped when I saw the floor to ceiling windows with an awesome view of the city. The Empire state building was so close I almost felt like I could reach out and touch it.

The room was an decent size maybe it felt larger because of the huge windows. You can see pictures I posted on my review.

I have no complaints on this property. They really did a nice job with the building. The location central midtown so very easy to get everywhere in the city.

When going to Kimpton Hotels remember to join Kimpton in Touch. We got a 15.00 raid the mini bar and get free wifi.

The only reason I gave this review a 4 STAR - Very Good - is because the full services of the hotel are not all up and running....as soon as they are....I would give it a higher rating.

Reviewed 26 May 2010