Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$198
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$274
Novotel
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
3,599 results
All reviewswine hourthe empire state buildingpenn stationraid the mini barcupcakeswine receptionfloor to ceiling windowsnew yorkbottle of champagneherald squarecorner roomrain showertimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk staffcity viewfew blocks
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I'm a Kimpton hotel fan. My experiences have always been very positive and the Eventi in New York is no exception.

The Eventi is a new, beautifully decorated and designed hotel with quality fittings and furnishings throughout.

It is conveniently located. A short walk to Herald square or Penn St will put you on a train that can take you uptown or downtown with ease. There are plenty of places to grab a quick bite to eat, coffee or beer nearby. For more serious shoppers, Macy's and a range of other fashion stores are an easy 5 minute walk up 6th Ave.

Kimpton hotels are always well maintained and the house staff do a great job of making your room feel fresh and new every day. As a new hotel, the Eventi makes an even bigger impression if you like a hotel that is clean and organised.

The facilities are also very impressive. There is a well equipped gym, a day spa and large outdoor balcony area that guests can share on the 5th floor with a nice view down 6th Ave. Every evening, the 5-6pm complimentary wine event makes great use of the lobby, creating a pleasant social atmosphere where guests can mingle and chat with fellow travellers.

Lastly, I must compliment the staff of the Eventi for being, without exception, friendly, courteous and extremely helpful.

Thanks for a great experience team Eventi. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank drharro
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We expect a certain avant garde with a stay at a Kimpton hotel and we were not disappointed here. We appreciated the warm welcome from the staff each time we step through the door and the luxurious bathroom and view from our 19th floor room. Everything had that shiny new car feel to it and we hope the newness doesn't wear off soon since we will be returning in early mid-July for our 20th anniversary. The handwritten note from the staff was a warm touch - well done, Eventi!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2010

Dear CAScott,

Thank you for your generous review on Eventi. I'm so glad that you found our hotel to live up to your expectations. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and the view that came with it! We look forward to seeing you again in July and celebrating your 20th anniversary!

Reviewed 2 June 2010

My partner and I booked the Eventi for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. With this being a brand new hotel, the rates being offered were extremely reasonable. We decided to treat ourselves to a "Premier One Bedroom Suite". We got it for $399 a night, but they had standard rooms available for $260 a night. I've stayed in many hotels in NY, and I have to say that this is the best value for your money. The suite was very large, beautifully furnished, 2 large plasma TV's, super comfortable bed, and a huge marble bathroom. Truly impressive.
We ordered room service one evening and the food was very good and arrived quickly!
We checked out the gym, and it was your typical hotel gym. Not great, but sufficient for most.
The restaurant is a temporary setup, as the actual hotel restaurant is not due to open till later this year.
The hotel has a really nice terrace on the 5 floor but as of now, there is no service out there.
The hotel lacks a place to have a drink. No bar yet. I'm sure this is in the works.
They do have a sort of happy hour each day in the lobby, from 5 till 6 they serve free wine to all guests. In the morning, it's coffee. This seemed very popular with guests.
A nice touch with Kimpton hotels is that high speed internet is free for members of their loyalty program, and you get a $15 mini bar credit. Nice touches.
The one thing that REALLY stood out for us was the service. Everyone was fantastic. In particular Caroline Grass from the concierge desk was extremely helpful with shipping something to me that I'd left in my room when I checked out.
We will definitely be back to the Eventi, and look forward to experiencing the hotel when it's 100% finished.

1  Thank MiamiBeachPaul

Dear MiamiBeachPaul,

Your feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and got to be among the first guests to enjoy our Premier One Bedroom Suite! I'm also happy that you recieved the benefits of being a Kimpton InTouch Loyalty member and the personalized service of our staff that we want you to experience. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2010

We tried Eventi for one night based on a promotional rate. I had really liked the Kimpton in which I had stayed in Philadelphia, so I wanted to try Eventi. While not as polished as the Palomar in Philadelphia – Eventi had only been open a few weeks – it was still a decent choice and worth another visit.

Located at Sixth and 30th, it was located between the bustle of Times Square and the neighborhoods of lower Manhattan, not far from the PATH station and the 33rd Street subway stop (although I continue to find the New York subway system to be unnecessarily confusing).

Check in was a little ragged – we arrived early and were promised a call when the room was ready, but we never received one – but reasonably competent. The lobby was small, although nicely done, and their evening wine hour was pleasant, if not a little crowded. They have a delightful veranda on the fifth floor where you can relax outside and listen to the sounds of the city below you, but I was disappointed when they closed it at 11:00 p.m. – we had hoped to end the evening with a drink out there. The fitness room was also on the fifth floor and struck me as very small for a hotel of this size; it had only about 8 machines. The hotel’s sole ice machine was also on the fifth floor.

Our room was on the sixteenth floor. It was small – this is New York, after all – and well appointed. The bathroom was nicely done with a lot of marble and a huge shower with a teak stool in case you wanted to sit your shower out (although there was no bathtub if you want to soak after a long day of walking around). It had lights on dimmers for late at night, but the dimmed lights just went out after about an hour, so they were not much help. Towels were thick and adequate.

The room had floor-to-ceiling windows looking over the west side (it was a “City View” room). Lighting was good (dimmers again), but I especially liked the goose-necked reading lights on either side of the bed and on the chair. There was a small desk crammed in under the flat-panel high-definition television: it would not be an ideal work station, but we weren’t there on business. The mini bar was well stocked and typically expensive. The radio was a good one and had hookups for both iPods and MP3 players. The bed was firm and comfortable, and the pillows were a delight. There was a standard hotel safe in the closet, which I always appreciate, and one of the two telephones was wireless. The room had no “Do not disturb” sign, and it took me a minute to determine that there was a light switch by the door that changed the color of the room number sign as a signal to the housekeeping staff.

The room had more issues than I would expect for a new hotel. The mini bar did not lock – the key was useless – and the bathroom sink was slow in draining. The room was also supposed to have two bathrobes and there was only one: I had to call the front desk to make sure we weren’t charged when they discovered that one was missing. The bathroom had a sliding door – a nice feature in a small room – but it was already off the track and I couldn’t figure out how to get it back.

On the whole, though, we liked the hotel and we would try it again.

1  Thank Matombo
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My partner and I just stayed at the Eventi over Memorial Weekend. This was the best hotel experience we have ever had, and cannot say enough positive about it. Here is my review from the beginning.
I found the hotel a month or two ago before it opened and emailed a Kimpton representative for information several times. From that point I was provided outstanding service.
I received a great preview rate, but realized what a great deal it was after our stay considering what an awesome experience it was.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we received exceptional service.
Staff: The staff at this hotel is incredibly cognizant of their surroundings at all times. Not once did we have to get the door ourselves. We were greeted by every staff member each time we came and went, and they would not allow us to carry our own luggage or bags if we came back with them. Every single staff member at this hotel was friendly, attentive, courteous, and answered all questions. I was truly impressed by all of them.
The hotel: The lobby is amazing and very comfortable to just lounge in. Coffee (very good) and tea is always complimentary in the mornings, and there is the typical Kimpton wine reception from 5-6pm daily, which was great. On the 5th floor there is a roof deck that wraps around most of the building. It was so beautiful and the views were great. There are also nice common areas on the 2nd and 3rd floors, which are very nice. The hotel is gorgeous.
The room: Our room was amazing. When we arrived at the hotel our first day we were checking in at 9:30am. We did not expect to be able to check in that early. The front desk staff person advised us they had none of our King Rooms available, so she gave us a complimentary upgrade to a City view King Room. I was so grateful. That was incredible! The room had floor to ceiling windows with the most AMAZING view. The bed was incredibly comfortable. We actually slept in every day because we couldn’t get out of it. There are electrical outlets everywhere to charge all your gadgets. They are actually on nightstands and the desk, so you don’t have to plug them in a wall out of the way. Nice touch! We loved the all-marble bathroom. The shower is beautiful with two different nozzle options, a seat, and great bath products from Etro. They have a great use of space as the closets are in the wall, and the bathroom has a sliding door to close it off. We also loved the bathrobes.
This was the best hotel experience we ever had. Outstanding service, incredibly beautiful hotel with amazing rooms, and the best Kimpton staff!

1  Thank NateKinFL