“The Eventi is Shiny and New--and Extremely Comfortable”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 466 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Eventi is Shiny and New--and Extremely Comfortable”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The newest addition to the Kimpton chain in NY is really a terrific place to stay. My room was big, clean, with great views, yet absolutely quiet. Nice big fancy bathroom with a huge shower (two showerheads!). Big fluffy towels and robes are provided, too. The side chair in the hotel room has its own reading light, so if you're traveling with someone and they want to sleep and you want to read, both of you can be happy. Free internet with Kimpton In-Touch membership is always a nice touch (as is the "raid the mini-bar" program that comes with that membership). There's no bar yet, but the staff let us get drinks at the restaurant and take them out on the balcony, which has great views (including of the Empire State Building). The location is convenient, with much to do nearby. Very glad I stayed here, and I would definitely return. I walked by the fitness center, which seemed well-equipped, though I didn't actually use it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
Dear travelinggrrl,

Your time and Eventi experience feedback is much appreciated! I'm happy to hear that your stay with us went smoothly. The comfort of our guests is very important to us so I'm glad that you were pleased with your room and thought it was spacious. It's also great that you were able to enjoy the views that we're fortunate enough to offer at the hotel. We hope to see you back here with us very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I have to note first that I rated the price as 5, but I did get a great deal. The hotel was offering a huge discount since it was still under construction. You would never have known it was still under construction though. The rooms were a nice size for a NY hotel. There were 4 of us in the room and never had a problem. The bathroom was spacious. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The hospitality was above and beyond amazing. As soon as we needed something, they were there with it. And to top it all off...they hosted a wine hour daily in the lobby between 5 and 6 in addition to very good coffee and tea in the morning. Would love to stay here again.

Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This is a new property built from the ground up. It is still not fully complete, but the staff does a great job w/attentiveness to guests. We had a Q/Q room. Not too small/but not roomy either. Nice size marble bath w/shower only. There are suites avail with more space. Rooms are virtually sound proof. The beds are comfy and the towels are thick. The workout facility is nice as well. Location is among retail/wholesale accessories stores. Macy's is a 10 minutes walk, Times Sq is a 20 minute walk. Soho/Tribeca/Canal St is a 10 min cab ride. There is complimentary tea/coffee 6-9 & complimentary wine 5-6 (missed both during my stay)
Overall, enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again in the future☺

1 Thank Joynell R
middletown, nj
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We stayed for only one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. Everything was perfect, from being greeted at the car by valet, easy check-in and our room was ready, with the requested bottle of wine waiting. The hotel is brand new, so everything was spotless still. The ONLY drawback is the HVAC system in the room is soooo loud. But absolutly no street noise. If you can get used to the air conditioning going on/off then you'll have a great night's sleep in the super comfy bed. Oh yeah, views of the Empire State Building are pretty impresive too.

Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We loved the hotel. We stayed in a king room that was lovely. There was plenty of room, great lighting, great tv, and nice marble bathroom with cool shower. ( No separate dressing/shower area made me glad I was travelling with my husband.) The bath products were a nice touch as were the comfy robes. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere. One problem was the construction noise. Although I realize NYC often has construction, our room (10th floor, even side) was directly above the construction. On Friday and Monday at about 4 am something was going on, garbage pick-up? moving equipment in? not sure. (I was too tired to get up and look) The workers arrived before 7 and it was quite noisy. I asked whether there would be construction on Saturday and if so, could we be moved. I was told they would know by noon Friday and would let me know. No one ever called, I hope it was because there was not construction that particular Saturday. I would need to be assured I would have a quieter room to stay again even with all the other positives about the hotel.

VA
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Was going to NYC for some Spring fun, and saw Kimpton's latest installment - Eventi - had recently opened. Could not resist checking out something new and cool, and we were handsomely rewarded.

Aside for the usual new hotel quirks -- things don't quite go as smoothly or quickly with new staff and a new building -- the place is phenomenal!

Interesting address not quite Chelsea, not quite Theatre District, but convenient to all. Flat Iron just a few blocks away and a straight shot in a cab down 7th to the Village and Soho.

The building is enormous -- 40+ stories, though only the lower 20+ are hotel (the other are soon to open condos)

The rooms are very cool, but typical NYC cozy. The bathrooms felt almost as big as the guest room -- which is great for a bathroom! The usual amenties, Frette LInens and bathrobes (though instead of the usual Kimpton animal print robes, these are white with animal print on the lapels and cuffs!) nice flat screen tv and some new bath amenities I had never seen - ETRO - but very much liked.

The staff is eager to please -- from Nana and Robert at the front door to the enormous gent who will hail you a cab (I think he is waiting for Giants' training camp to start) and all of the front desk team.

Got to meet many of the managers at the traditional Kimpton wine hour each night. Bert is a delightful fellow, and they are all eager to show you their impressive new hotel. The lobby living room can get a little cramped at wine hour -- especially when it rains -- but in fine weather you should steal off to the 5th floor terrace with you wine and enjoy the comfy, trendy patio furniture and taken in NYC.

There is still some construciton going on -- not so much a noise issue, but behind the hotel is an enormous, unfinished courtyard, which we were told will be a food court, with open green areas as well as a two story video screen where movies and tv can be watched from your lunch or dinner table -- interesting concept!

The fitness center was larger than most Kimpton hotels, several treadmills and cross trainers, plus free weights. For some reason the main access door is not working, but there is a second door tucked between two rest rooms.

Across the hall from the gym is a gem -- the spa. My wife and I both enjoyed massages, and the aromatherapy oils they used were just amazing. I fell asleep after 5 minutes. My wife stayed for a facial, and loved it! Best of all, as Kimpton In Touch members, we got $30 off EVERY treatment! Who knew?!?!?!

Another gem is the Cafe @ Eventi. This is just a temporary restaurant with American Cuisine until the China Grill Management eatery opens in the fall. This was one of our best meals in NYC EVER, out of possibly 100+ dinners. BBQ Chicken and Jack Cheese Dumplings -- with a little chicken wing bone sticking out instead of a toothpick. Just heaven! We are from VA, but those things they called Hominy Grit Fries were like no grits we ever experienced. They were more like cigars than fries -- but they were heaven fried!

Thought it would be hard to top the starters, but the brined, roasted 1/2 chicken was mind-altering! Last summer I had a similar dish at David Burke's Townhouse, and declared it the best chicken I had ever tasted. This made DBT seem like KFC!

If this is what they do with their temp menu, I can't wait to go back to try the official food.

Looking forward to a return visit when the food/media area are complete and the CGM restaurant. Of course, another spa visit too!

Kimpton did it again -- another fun, hip relaxed place to rest on the road!

1 Thank CVilleTravelers
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Great hotel!! The place is brand new. We stayed in a king suite which was spacious and woderfully decorated. Huge bath and bedroom, 2 HD TV's, great furniture...everything about the room was perfect. Staff is also top notch. Very friendly and attentive. I asked to speak with the manager to express how happy we were with the room. Had to wait less than a minute to meet him and he was very gracious and remembered our names for the remainder of the trip. They also have a nice wine tasting every evening in their beautiful lobby. Would highly recommend thios hotel