“The most comfortable bed ever!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #44 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Kimpton usually does it right and this is no exception. From the moment you walk in the door you know you are "home". This hotel has the chic factor down pat, but more importantly, it is super comfortable. Many other hotels are overly chic to the point of non-functional. Eventi has it all. The lobby is very inviting and I could have hung out there all night long. They will cater to your every need and make you feel like one of the family. And to top it off, it was absolutely the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Justin-

So glad to hear that you now feel like a part of the Kimpton Family! Can't wait to see you next time, we'll have our comfy bed waiting for you. Did you know you can purchase all of the Kimpton bedding and stylish items online- its pretty cool.

Thanks so much for taking the time to voice your awesome thoughts about your experience at The Eventi Hotel!

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Reviewed 9 October 2010

This is a really nice hotel in a great location. Very good room size for newyork since we were a family of 3. the afternoon wine presentation was wonderfull. We requested a car pick up from the airport and were pleasently suprised by a beautiful maserati provided by the hotel. we will definitly come back again..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dino076
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2010

Dear dino076,

Thank you for your review of the Eventi, a Kimpton Hotel! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that our concierge services were able to arrange a car pick up for you that you were pleased with. We're looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 9 October 2010

Great hotel with great staff. They upgraded us for free for duration of stay. Wine Reception in evening , an excellent touch to cap it all. Overall would definitely return.
Also, great location, close to Shopping areas and walking distance to Times square.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I travel to NYC every month for business. My business is in the garment district so the event is in a perfect location. If you are a tourist, this might not be the perfect location for you, it is close to penn station and the empire state building but not really close to the theater district and tourist favorites. The nightlife and dining options in event's neighborhood are scarce so If it's your first trip to NYC , I'd opt for something more centrally located such as the kimptons other hotel The Muse.

If location is not an issue for you, here's the lowdown on Eventi

Check in was fast and efficient. Lobby very hip

Room: I had a standard king room which was around $400 a night. It was small but most NYC rooms are tiny. Bed was comfortable. Room was very new and in perfect condition. Had floor to ceiling windows and I could see empire state building from my room. Nice bathroom with large shower and rain shower head. Nice toiletries from etro. It was quiet and nice

There is no lobby bar but there is a restaurant somewhere on the property. There is a fitness center and a business center.

Next to hotel is a place called foodparc. I think it is owned by the hotel but you can't charge to your room. It's like a gourmet food courtl I has Asian food from there for lunch and it was the most disgusting thing that Ive ever eaten in NYC ( I'm not picky). This city is full of the best food so you may want to keep walking around the corner to pert a manger..a yummy lunch choice.

I'd definitely return to eventi if the price was right because of its location but as I said before,there are much more interesting neighborhoods to stay in l

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank j9999
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This a a really nice hotel in a great location. The room was a good size for New York which was important because we were 4 women sharing one room! It helped that the bathroom was nice and big. Comfortable beds. Great view. Clean rooms. We also loved the wine service at 5 pm. Really friendly and helpful staff as well. It is a bit expensive but it was perfect for sharing a room with friends and splitting the cost.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I decided to stay in this new Kimpton hotel because it got great reviews. For the most part, I was satisfied with my stay. The rooms here are quite nice, very new, very modern. The beds were comfortable, and I felt like the bathroom was very decently sized, given that this IS NYC, and hotel rooms are usually the size of shoe boxes. Pluses with the room: marble bathroom, bathroom amenities by Etro were decent, very nice HD flat screen television, and floor to ceiling windows. I was put into a corner room so I had windows on two sides which was a nice bonus.

The hotel itself, does not really have a large lobby, and at the time I was there, it was kind of hard to get at the restaurant, but with so many dining options in NYC, it doesn't really matter. Eventi is also very close to Herald Square (Macys), and almost all lines on the NY Subway run through Herald Square. Some people complained about construction noise with the hotel. I didn't really find that to be a problem, even though I was on the 12th floor which is about midway up the hotel. One afternoon as I was taking a short nap, I did hear some construction noise, but it wasn't unbearable. There is also a nice terrace on the hotel which is great for reading the paper or having coffee, but the few times I was on it, it seemed very windy and deserted.

The one MAJOR downside to the hotel for me is the location. It is not by any means in an unsafe area, but there isn't really anything immediately surrounding the hotel. And because there isn't much of a lobby or hotel bar, it seems like it is a little isolated. About a block away from the Eventi is the Ace Hotel, which has a GREAT restaurant and bar/lobby which I highly recommened. But the location of the Eventi leaves much to be desired in my opinion. I was also at the hotel during Fashion Week, so the hotel was completely full.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank bumd168
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed at the Eventi this past weekend and enjoyed our stay. This is a new hotel-- new construction, so unlike some Kimpton projects where they've taken over an older building and done rehab, this is all new. The rooms are very nicely arrayed-- we stayed in an executive king with an awesome view of the Empire State. The bed was great, the bathroom excellent, and all was right with the room itself. The service in the hotel was a little choppy--- our room was not made up, and when we called at 5pm to ask that it be made up, it still was not (and it never got done). The food facilities (restaurant, bar etc.) are still under construction, and the staff seems new and not quite used to running a hotel (or this hotel anyway) yet. Nevertheless, we'd happily return and we'd recommend the Eventi-- we expect this will get better over time. I prefer it to 70 Park (where I stayed) in terms of the quality of the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple