“Spectacular” 5 of 5 bubbles

W New York - Downtown
Ranked #240 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a cool corner room with fantastic view. Super friendly staff and great service made this stay perfect. We appreciated the extra attention we received from Mr Metrell on our anniversary. We will definitely come back next year. Veronica and Jan Erik

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick H, General Manager at W New York - Downtown, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Jan Erik J,

First, let me wish you a belated Happy Anniversary!

Thank you for sharing your experiences at W New York - Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to give your valuable feedback and for acknowledging Metrell from our Welcome team. We strive to provide all of our guests with an exceptional and personalized experience and I am very happy to see that Metrell provided that to you.

I hope you will make coming to visit us an annual tradition; we at W love a celebration and hope to celebrate with you for many years to come.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further or if you find yourself coming to stay with us again in the future. I may be reached at 646.826.8600

Patrick H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel seems like it has been renovated. Very clean and modern hotel. It is nice if you are going for shopping in 5th Avenue. There are quite a lot of places to eat around the area. I would recommend this hotel if you are into shopping in 5th Avenue!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 808Dream,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at W New York - Downtown. We are happy that you found our location accessible to your needs while in Manhattan.

We hope you will stay with us again the next time you find yourself in New York City.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you would like to discuss your stay further at 646.826.8600.

washington, dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel is located across the street from the new Liberty Tower. Rooms are small but nicely decorated and have all the things you need - great shower and bath amenities. Beautiful large windows overlooking the neighborhood. Very friendly staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1Brusters
Patrick H, General Manager at W New York - Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear hotelmarketer,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at W New York - Downtown!

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed both our staff and our unique location. We are very proud of all that Lower Manhattan has to offer and it is wonderful to see that you were enjoyed our neighborhood.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you find yourself in NYC!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 646.826.8600 if you would like to discuss your past or future visits to the property.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Modern decor, comfortable room, conveniently located, and that's it. Service is not particularly commendable - you need to call them and remind them in order to be provided a toothbrush or a pair of slippers. No complimentary bottled water. No free WiFi in the room. Aren't all these pretty standard nowadays? Also, the front entrance is not sheltered - it would really be inconvenient on a rainy day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gabriel_Sham,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback about your recent stay at W New York - Downtown.

I am sorry to see that your experiences did not live up to the Whatever/Whenever W service promise.

I assure you that I have personally addressed your comments with our team to ensure that these mistakes do not happen again.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to deliver an experience that exceeds your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, or if you decide to stay with us again in the future, please contact me directly at 646.826.8600.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I was fairly underwhelmed with this hotel it was all rather trendy but just felt fairly superficial . I guess everyone is different but the hotel really did not do much for me. The room was fine and the bed comfortable. The decor was not to my liking and for the money they charge the whole experience was fairly disappointing.
Location wise the hotel is in a good location and can't be faulted from that respect. Just not the hotel for me.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jaydee55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences at W New York - Downtown.

While I am pleased that you found our location satisfactory, I am sorry to see that your overall experience did not meet your expectations.

I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I know that we can exceed your expectations and make up for our first impression.

Please contact me directly at 646.826.8600 if you would like to discuss your most recent stay or if you decide to stay with us in the future.

cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was my first stay at the W Downtown, and really hadn't thought much about the location relative to the 9/11 Memoral or the Freedom Tower. I am a platinum Starwood member, so I always try to stay at Starwood, and this time was no exception. I found the reception to be warm when I arrived, it seemed to be hopping around the bar and restaurant, and was an active place. My room was perfectly located with an amazing view of the whole 9/11 Memorial, and at nite it was beautiful. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I have no complaints, except that the little mini diet coke took "mini" to a whole new level. I had to go to the bar to get a "real" diet coke, which the bartender graciously gave to me. There's a Starbucks right around the corner, what else could you need? I wouldn't necessarily stay here for a leisure trip, as the location is more business oriented, but for business travelers, I think it's very nice. I would definitely stay here again. Besides, they have the best Tuna Tartare at the bar, and the bartenders were great!

Room Tip: ask for room with a view of the memorial
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear mom_of_ashopper,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback about your stay at W New York - Downtown. We strive to exceed expectations for our guests and I am glad to see that you were overall very pleased with your experience.

I do hope you will give us a chance on your next leisure trip to NYC ... Our neighborhood is ever expanding and there are a lot of hidden gems in Lower Manhattan that I think you may enjoy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your trip further or if we can be of assistance to you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Have stayed at the W downtime a number of times, hotel is in a prime position either for Wall Street or for offices in Jeresey.

The hotel itself is very modern and has great views of WTC.

Main draw back is that the WIFI is not free

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business