“New, fresh and amazing view”

W New York - Downtown
Ranked #245 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“New, fresh and amazing view”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

A really excellent experience. The room is new, fresh and room 2208 is a corner room with an amazing view on the memorial site.
The room has a carpet which was still new, also there is no Nespresso machine.
The breakfast is lousy and the service extremely slow. The fitness is small but good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at W New York - Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Go100go,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to see that overall your experiences at W New York - Downtown were positive.

I can assure you that I will address the issues you experienced at the restaurant with the appropriate people to ensure that both the service and product are up to standards.

Please call me at 646.826.8600 if you would like to speak further about your stay.

Patrick H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was the first time our family had stayed at any W property. I can't say we were disappointed. The 5th floor lounge and balcony was a nice retreat from the street noise. The rooms, while NY size (a bit smaller than usual) were modern and clean. The beds were very comfortable and I slept great, which is not always the case when I travel. Couple things though: at this price level, free room wi-fi would be nice. Also was surprised by the lack of a business centre. The location is fantastic. From the W, it is an easy walk to Battery Park, Wall Street, the Brooklyn Bridge and many other attractions. So, overall, not perfect, but I would stay there again if I wanted to stay in the Financial District.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view overlooking the 9-11 Memorial. Awesome view, especially at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff R
Patrick H, General Manager at W New York - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Jeff R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your first W Hotels experience! We hope it won't be the last.

We are glad that your overall experience was positive and value your feedback about in room WiFi. We are always evaluating our service standards and I can assure you this is something we are monitoring closely.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our unique location in Lower Manhattan. We are seeing new and exciting things happening down here each day and are quite proud of our little neighborhood.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you would like to discuss this or any future stays with us. I may be reached at 646.826.8600.

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for couple of nights while visiting NY and must say that this is one of the best hotels we`ve ever stayed in. The location is perfect - it`s right in the center of financial disctrict and just steps from the subway, finding a taxi in this area is also not a problem and yet you avoid hords of tourists that occupy Time Square and other touristic locations in NY. The views from the rooms and the terrace are just amazing. The drinks in the bar just perfect and the staff just excellent. I would like to mention especially Robert - Concierge. He is one of the best hotel associates that I`ve ever interacted with. The perfect manners, kindness, friendliness and a perfect knowledge of the city. He was just amazing when we were asking about things to do in the city and where to go. You can see that he enjoys his work and is really good at it - his knowledge was just incredible. His recomendations were perfect and even when we asked about other cities that we plan to visit in States he knew what to recomend. He is a real asset. It`s very rare to see that kind of attitude and it deserves a recognition.
All in all the hotel and the staff makes your stay a perfect one. There`s no point in going anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms with WTC view are perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lidia_4321,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and your kind words. It is always so wonderful to see that we have exceeded our guests' expectations and the experience you describe is what we strive to provide for all of our guests everyday.

We all love Robert and I am so pleased that he was able to assist you with your trip to the States.

I hope that you will come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

You could either find the most friendly and professional staff or the most careless and unfriendly people. Great check out service but the check in and in room dinning is not up to what you expect from a W hotel.

Room ok, nice but small, amazing view of WTC.
In room dining not that good on good quality, grilled chicken sandwich doesn't taste good, just ok.

Won't come back

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JSueyro
Dear JSueyro,

I am so sorry to hear that your experiences at W New York - Downtown were inconsistent and that your in-room dining service was not up to standards.

Please call me directly at 646.826.8600 so that we can discuss further. I hope that we can convince you to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and deliver the full W Whatever/Whenever service promise.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good place to stay, but the rooms are really small. Also, honestly, I tough all hotels where furnishing the wifi for free these days. The W ask for 25$ per day!!?? Won't go back. Also, the breakfast is a rip off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank po1234
Dear po1234,

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding WiFi. I assure you this is something that we are constantly evaluating and appreciate guests' feedback about our services.

In addition, I apologize that you didn't find value in our breakfast service. I would love to get more information about your experience so that I can provide detailed feedback to the General Manager at the restaurant.

I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again. Again, thank you for your review and please contact me anytime at 646.826.8600.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I loved the W Downtown. It's a fairly new hotel so the facilities and rooms are wonderful. I loved being close to the Hudson for lovely walks in the morning. It was also a hop skip and jump to tribeca and soho which is where I enjoy hanging out. This part of town is increasingly cool.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Nicole T,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are incredibly proud of our location and it is wonderful to see that you enjoyed some of the unique opportunities in Lower Manhattan.

You are spot on to say that this part of town in increasingly cool ... we are looking forward to all of the new shops and restaurants that are joining our neighborhood over the next several months. Be sure to check out the new high end food court at Brookfield Place on your next visit ... it is quite impressive.

If you have any other feedback or would like to discuss a future stay please contact me at 646.826.8600.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Amazing views of the 911 Memorial and the new Freedom Tower, One World Trade Center and excellent location in downtown. Staff greeted me with smiling faces the minute they opened my car door all the way to the 5th floor reception. And yes a chilled glass of champagne to boot. Robert, the concierge graciously informed me of the new developments right outside of the front door of the hotel. An upscale shopping development springing from the ground. Better yet, a skip away from the new National 911 Museum that just openend this morning. Excellent lunch at BLT Bar & Grill - wickedly fantatsic beet salad and lobster risotto - not to mention a crisp glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Excellent room - ask for the view side of the 911 Memorial - amazing at night - very chic modern and the sleep machine was a nice perk too. Heard no taxi honking. I'll be back...again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for the view facing Freedon Tower
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael C
Dear Michael C,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay at W New York - Downtown.

It is so great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and it seem as though we were able to meet that mark during your trip.

We hope you will come back to see us again (and again)!

If you would like to speak about this or any future stays with us, please contact me directly at 646.826.8600.