“Great location!!!”

Ranked #249 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 June 2014

we went to NY for a 30th birthday party. Never stayed at this particular W.I was moving to fast and reserved the wrong room but It was quickly resolved he was trying to charge me an additional 40$ a night but after an adamant No he quickly "upgraded" the room for us and it was great!!! They served wine at check in

The Room was clean bed was supper comfortable house keeping was great she offered to come back we forgot to move some jeans off the bed and she was kind enough to move and fold them to make the bed she changed the sheets as well seeing how I spilled coffee and to my surprise she seen it and took care of it. No complainants.

the concierge was super helpful he gave us great directions so that I could get a nice birthday gifts. The world trade center attraction was not open to the public but Its great proximity to the hotel. the room was

Room Tip: We had a corner room so it had 2 large windows nice and sunny with seating and thick shades so we wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Temara E, Director of Rooms at W New York - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hello there nicolen554!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent visit with us at W New York – Downtown. I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve any troubles with the room type during your arrival. The extra light and window seats make our Ultra-Cool Corner Rooms one of our most popular rooms types, it’s great to hear that you too enjoyed it.

Thank you for the shout out to our styling team. They take great pride in their work and in taking care of our guests. We will be sure to share your comments with them. Our concierge team are true ambassadors of Lower Manhattan and I am glad that they could assist with the presents.

When you return to New York, please feel free to contact me so I can personally assist with your reservation. I can be reached at 646-826-8610. From all of us at W New York – Downtown, we look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great location, impressive design and concept, But ...very little recognition is given to SPG Platinum members. Don't expect significant room up grade and the hotel do not participatpe in the SPG suite night award though they market on their web site two types of suits. Hotel is poorly managed. From my personal experience do not count too much on promises given by the hotel staff ( including the hotel manager himself!). We booked a room to celebrate our anniversary. I am heavy traveller and SPG Platinum member for 13 years. I dropped a line to the hotel asking to take into account that it is our anniversary and appreciate best service etc. Got nice replies but when checked in the room was served for one, was not cleaned properly and had smoke smell from previous guest. Was given room on a relatively low floor and no significant up grade was made.
If you need to be in the area, do not have a better alternative or get yourself a room at a promotional rate you may consider staying here but otherwise go elsewhere and save yourself a lot of aggravation. For SPG elite members - there are better Starwood options around NYC which valued our loyalty and one may enjoy the full scale of benefit offered to SPG Members.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leviha

Hello there Leviha,

I am so sorry for the disappointment you experienced during your stay with us. We are limited on the suites that we do have in the building(three total) but we should have been able to create an outstanding experience for you and we did not succeed, and for that, I am so very sorry.

If you could please contact me at 646-826-8610, as I would love to discuss this further and find a way to make this right for you. We truly value our Starwood Preferred Guests and am saddened to hear this impression was not received.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three days and it was awesome. The rooms, the service and the atmosphere is completely out of this world, excellent. For my surprise the location was perfect, right across from 9/11 memorial, walking distance to the financial district. I can't wait to visit again.

Hello there EdPrieto!

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your most recent experience at W New York – Downtown. I am so excited to hear that you truly enjoyed all that we have to offer.

Our talent strives to create the experience you described in your review and we are so excited to see that we met that goal. We will be sure to share you feedback with all of our talent so we may continue to provide all of our guests the same experience in the future.

When your travels have you coming back to New York, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am happy to assist and will ensure a very comfortable experience. I may be reached at 646-826-8610.

We look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The service was great, the hotel accommodated all of me and friends needs. Beautiful location, with great people working the front desk and style.

The hotel is very fun and the bar is super cool on the 5th floor! It may not have the most the rooms, but they make up for it in there service!

The bathrooms were nice and very accessible.

Hello there Kekwurtzel!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your experience here at W New York – Downtown. We are so excited to see that you were able to enjoy all we have to offer. From our Wonderful Rooms to our Living Room Bar with live DJ, we have to agree it is a pretty awesome environment.

We appreciate the shout out provided to our Style and Welcome Desk teams. They work so hard to create exceptional experiences for all of our guests and we are delighted to see that they connected with you.

When your travels bring you back to New York, please feel free to contact me so I can personally assist with your reservation. I can be reached at 646-826-8610.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel about 2 weeks ago. It was my first time ever in the downtown area. The hotel is beautiful, alot of fun/modern design. Check out the outdoor terrace! I will be back for a thursday-saturday when they have their DJ playing on the terrace. I upgraded my room to an ultra cool corner and the views were stunning. The room has a wrap around window seat and I could have easily sat in that window for hours! I had both dinner and breakfast in the BLT resturant it was very good. I will be back again in the fall!!

Room Tip: Ultra cool corner!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello there Brittany T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent visit to W New York – Downtown. We are elated to hear you had such an enjoyable time and you plan to visit again in the fall!

The Ultra – Cool Corners do indeed offer spectacular views and we are happy to hear you were able to experience this first hand!

Thanks again Brittany T, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Came on a girl's trip. Had a wonderful time and the view of the freedom tower and memorial was amazing. The room was clean but average. No fridge, microwave or coffee maker. And for the price a continental breakfast would have suffice. There was a charge for every treat placed in the room. Over all the location was great.

Hello there Wakia V,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent visit to W New York – Downtown. We love that you chose our location for your girl’s trip and had a wonderful time all while taking in the awe-inspiring views.

I would love to be able to discuss your stay further as your preferences can be saved to your profile in order for us to better prepare for your next stay and deliver service that goes above and beyond your expectations.

Wakia V, should you wish to speak to me directly I can be contacted on 646 826 8610.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback, we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love the W brand, but this hotel is lacking. I stayed for one night while moving out of my apartment, so I chose it out of convenience. As others have noted, the location might seem out of the way but it is close to the 1 and R trains.

The check in experience was fine, I received a room on the 10th floor that faced the river as opposed to the WTC. I was surprised how small the room was though. The lighting in the bathroom was pretty bad, and the hanger that the robe was on kept breaking. The shower also had mold. And the most annoying thing was no free wifi unless you go to the lobby.

The good things here were the standard W amenities such as the bliss products and their signature bed. Didn't get a chance to try BLT Grill, but it had good reviews.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello There JadedNYer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your most recent stay at W New York - Downtown. We are disappointed to hear this experience fell short of your expectations and I assure you this is not a true reflection of the service nor condition of rooms we usually provide.

The feedback given on the bathroom is invaluable to us as it allows us to pin point areas that need immediate attention in order to better the guest experience for the future; I assure you the bathroom condition has already been rectified.

JadedNYer, as you are such a lover of the W Brand I would love to discuss your recent stay further, to ensure you come back to us. We would love another chance to provide you with a true W experience, one that goes beyond your expectations. If you wish to contact me I can reached directly at 646 826 8610.

I look forward to hearing from you.