W New York - Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$232
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
US$515
US$415
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$167
  • Fitness centre
1,233 results
All reviewsfreedom towerthe financial districtliving room barwtc siteworld trade centernew yorkwall streetfifth floorbattery parkstay downtownground zerofloor lobbycorner roomlower manhattantrendy hotelstatue of libertyfree coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. The location is spectacular, with the downtown going through a renewal period. There is so much to see and do we never had to walk more than a few blocks for anything. The staff and management at the hotel were always available for any questions we had, Jason was especially kind, and we were very happy with everything at the hotel. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but that is what you get when staying in NYC. The beds were very comfortable and the gym is amazingly well equipped (I was very impressed with the gym and the fact that they don't charge extra to use it). The other extra touches like coffee in the morning, water and pressed cider in the afternoons were really nice as well.

I will absolutely be staying at this hotel again, and if they do put a park on the site of the old Deutche Bank Building the views of the WTC memorial and Freedom Tower are going to be unbeatable. We may have to bring our kids next time (or maybe not).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

New York is said to be the City that never sleeps. Unfortunately at W-Downtown in our recent stay, sleeping was not an option. Construction noise was running at in excess of 80 decibels inside our guest room. On a number of nights construction noise ran until well after midnight, on the day we were checking out (which incidentally was a Saturday) construction noise began around 7.30am, which I guess was to be expected given that it had started at that time for the remainder of our stay.

Half way through our stay I complained about the noise, the staff were courteous and apologetic and offered us another room. A room which would have been far too small, and did not appear to offer additional benefits with the exception of being on the side of the building and not facing Ground Zero.

On the second last day of our stay, a voicemail came through at 10.04am (according to the message) to advise us that there would be no hot water in the hotel between 10am through to 4pm. I called Whatever Whenever (the Concierge Desk), to be advised that they did not know when hot water would be back on, and they would contact the company who had the gas off, hardly the pro-active response I would have expected from representatives of a Starwood hotel.

Apart from the above, the hotel is new, has very nice and spacious rooms, with the exception of the side room that we were offered as an alternative, and has all the amenities you would expect in a W. I expect that the W Downtown will age fairly quickly given the white interiors, and I noticed in the room we were staying in, dirty black marks which had not been cleaned off, and some of the linen was already showing wear, particularly the towels.

As you would appreciate I was extremely disappointed at the above inconveniences during our stay, particularly given that I had made it clear to the Starwood agent who had taken my booking that we would be on vacation, and we stayed in the hotel for 9 nights. My personal opinion is that Starwood either should not have opened this hotel, until the Dueche Bank building has been completely demolished (which the W’s staff told me would not be before at least the end of the year), or should be warning potential guests of the possible inconvenience, something they certainly did not do with me, although the manager on duty when I made further complaints on the day before we left told me he would ensure that happened in the future, something I will believe when I hear it with my own ears!

All in all a very disappointing experience, and Starwood’s response has been to “gift me” points which I can redeem for a night’s accommodation. It hardly makes up for 9 very sleep disturbed nights, where we paid good money to stay in what should be a lovely hotel. I have stayed in Starwood hotels in at least seven different countries, all of our prior experiences have been positive in their hotels.

I have never provided feedback such as this on a website previously. I provide this summary as a warning to potential guests of the W Downtown, so that they can make an informed decision before they commit to staying in this hotel.

I should also add that I have passed on this feedback to the General Manager of the hotel in question some two weeks ago, she promised a response within three days, despite two follow up’s and two weeks passing no response has been received. Undoubtedly, indicative of what you can expect at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paul21234
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I can only recommended this hotel to everyone because they are extremely professional and carefully, if you will visit New York there is one place to be and that is W hotel downtown Sven Baele Belgium

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I took my girlfriend to the w in manhattan and we went to the oasis bar. They had excellent service. We were greeted by a bartender named marianne who added to the ambiance of the hotel with her wonderful charm.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed at the W over the weekend of 9/11 during Fashion Week.
As Starwood Owners, we had high expectations for the new W.
Absolutely world class service, the concierge directed us to all the Fashion Week events and each individual staff member extended personalized service.
Accommodations were exceptional, chic clean lines, well maintained, sufficient room for our stay - all that we expect for NYC W.
Location fine, easy access to wherever in the City one needs to get to.
Clearly, they have set the bar high, which in today's service industry is much appreciated.
We will stay here for all our forays to NYC.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business