“Average Manhattan hotel, nothing special”

Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
Ranked #164 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newnan, Georgia
“Average Manhattan hotel, nothing special”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was in New York for a quick business trip. My work colleagues were staying at The Element one block over but it was sold out so I had to stay at the Four Points. The rooms size is good for New York but the carpets smelled as if they hadn't been cleaned in years. It was a typically Four Points, nothing very special but clean and a good location. I did have an issue with my keys not working but other than that no glaring issues with my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a great one. I can tell you that we actively shampoo and steam our carpets on a scheduled basis and this is not an issue we have had mentioned before. I will personally look into this with my housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Scarborough
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and situated a stone's throw away from all the hustle and bustle. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who's in town for business. The beds are also very comfortable and the wireless internet connection was also very good on the higher floor where I stayed at.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review and we look forward to having you back.

Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 12 November 2013

First, yes, you are across the street from Port Authority and yes, it is a side street off of 8th ave., BUT . . . it is in a great location! Trust me. The street is busy enough at all hours that you feel safe walking it and cabs are always right there if you are more comfortable taking a ride. This will be the first place we try to get reservations for on our next trip to NYC.

The room was nice and clean. Good size for midtown!

Booked the stay with starwood points.

The staff was great! From Check in to check out and even at the Hotel bar during our stay. The dinning room is really nice, too.

It was a busy weekend with the Marathon and even with the Hotel fully booked we felt like we were given the best treatment.

AND we had a great view!

I recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Awesome Review! We are so happy that you found our location to be an excellent one and even more that our staff was accommodating.

We look forward to having you back.

Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The staff at this hotel was amazing, especially for NYC. Location could have been a little better (across from Port Authority) but this is the Times Square area after all. Staff: of special note were Anthony in the bar, Ev and Shab in the dining room. Friendly and professional and always a big smile!
Very convenient to Times Square and the Theater District. My only complaint was the pillows were very soft, I would have appreciated one or two more firm. Notwithstanding, we slept well and the convenient location to major attractions was a big plus. We are native New Yorkers and this hotel is on our revisit list.

Stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for a City View room on the highest floor you can get!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review! We will look into why your pillows were extra soft.

We look forward to having you back.

Boxborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I left my wallet in the back of a taxi and had no cash. Thankfully, I had my Bank of America ATM card...but was short on time and the closest BOA ATM was inside the subway station right down the street. One of the gentlemen working the bell desk kindly offered to lend me his Metro card so that I could withdraw some cash. A second gentleman offered his Metro card to my friend so that I wouldn't have go by myself. This is only one example of the great client care I experienced last weekend. The gentleman running the breakfast buffet in the morning was incredibly friendly and the server quite polite. They had hot cider in the lobby in the evenings...it was such a lovely touch!! It's funny, I have stayed at plenty of hotels in NYC (from Four Points to the Peninsula) and have to say that this is by far the friendliest staff I have encountered.

The neighborhood is what it is. Yes, the neighborhood can seem a touch seedy to some (there is an adult shop on the same block), but I have stayed here several times on my own (5'2" petite woman) and have not once felt uncomfortable walking to or from the hotel at night. The location is insanely convenient...the subway and Port Authority bus terminal are within a block of the place (A, C, E, N, Q, R, 1, 2, 3, and 7 trains are right there).

It's not the Ritz, but it is convenient, clean, and the staff is incredible. I stayed there last weekend and am so happy with my stay that when a friend suggested a night in the city, I immediately booked us a room there (and chose this over the Sheraton Times Square and the Parker Meridian).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I am extremely grateful for your great review! What a great story, we are so happy that you were able to recover your wallet.

I will make sure I share this fantastic review with my staff.

Placentia, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in October 2013. We had booked a king size bed. However, when we checked in we were told the only available KS bed was on the 2nd floor. We agreed to take a room with 2 queen beds on a higher floor. After a night trying to sleep on what definitely seemed like a double bed, my husband and I requested to be moved. We were next placed in a room on the 23rd floor with a. KS bed. Much better room, amenities and views. The bed was very comfortable. We ate at the hotel's restaurant and also ordered room service. The food was very good. The hotel staff was wonderful, professional and helpful. The location was great - close to Times Square, Madison Square Garden, subway and bus transportation. (And very close to the Cake Boss Cafe. Yum!) We would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful review. We are happy to know that you found our food very good, a wonderful helpful staff, and our great location.

Cake Boss is awesome! We are happy to have them as a neighbor.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Location directly accross street from port authority other then that not great.
Everyone was helpful room small but clean.breakfast well prepared and reasonally priced.easy to walk to times square.front desk service and checkin were quick and very pleasant

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, we hope to see you back soon.