“Loved this hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Loved this hotel”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have just returned home from my 4 night stay in this hotel and I just couldn't wait to submit my review. I loved everything about it, from check in with Sarah who was extremely helpful and even though we were an hour early she made sure that our room was ready in less than half an hour and gave us free cupcakes for waiting. The room was great, it has everything you need, yes....its a little on the small side but there was plenty of room for the 3 of us plus all our shopping. The location is excellent. Right by the bus terminal, subway and a taxi rank. The hustle and bustle is a very short walk and its nice to be on a quieter street than the main 7th Ave.

The consierge was always on hand to help with directions or advise.

All in all....i would recommend this hotel to anyone. Its for all types of people.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Emma,

What a wonderful review! We are so happy that your experience was so memorable. We are even happier that you would recommend our hotel to other guests.

We can't wait to have you back.

Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am a Platinum Starwood member and frequently book large group events. I booked a group here for a business meeting and our stay was horrible. Half of my team was told they had no reservation when they tried to check in because the staff didn't know how to look up a group reservation in their system. Because of their incompetence with their own system, they ended up booking extra rooms on the spot and then charged us for "no shows" for people who clearly stayed in the hotel. I discussed with Kevin at the front desk and he assured me I would not be charged. Not only did they charge me, but they charged me the rack rate of $498 instead of the rate the rooms were booked at - $315. (I had the same thing happen at the San Francisco Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf once, but they refunded the charges immediately after checking and seeing that a guest with the same name on the "no show" reservation did indeed stay in the hotel that night.) This stay at the Four Points Times Square was over two months ago and they have still not resolved the issue despite numerous calls and emails to George and Shelly in the accounting department who always say they need to talk to someone who isn't there. I call via SPG and they speak with the hotel so everything is documented. George told SPG he would process the refund over a month ago but nothing has been processed.
Besides the accounting issues, 3 of our rooms were not ready until 5pm. They couldn't find my luggage for an hour and then brought it to the wrong room when they found it. The elevator was loud in my room but that's not a big deal to me. Walking to the location at night was a little scary (correction facility, sex shop, sketchy liquor store are next to the hotel as noted in the other reviews) but nothing happened. Yes the rooms are small but this should be expected for NYC. Bad service and zero follow up should not.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LauraCohenEscobar
We are extremely sorry you feel this way about our hotel. We have on several occasions explained why the charges were charged.

I do have to point out that we did look into all forms of communication with you and the message was consistent throughout all messages. On several occasions we explained to you the various charges and the response was to go another staff member.

As for service complaints, we apologize about this, but this is the first that we have heard about service issues you experienced.

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was in New York for a quick business trip. My work colleagues were staying at The Element one block over but it was sold out so I had to stay at the Four Points. The rooms size is good for New York but the carpets smelled as if they hadn't been cleaned in years. It was a typically Four Points, nothing very special but clean and a good location. I did have an issue with my keys not working but other than that no glaring issues with my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a great one. I can tell you that we actively shampoo and steam our carpets on a scheduled basis and this is not an issue we have had mentioned before. I will personally look into this with my housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Scarborough
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and situated a stone's throw away from all the hustle and bustle. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who's in town for business. The beds are also very comfortable and the wireless internet connection was also very good on the higher floor where I stayed at.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review and we look forward to having you back.

Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 12 November 2013

First, yes, you are across the street from Port Authority and yes, it is a side street off of 8th ave., BUT . . . it is in a great location! Trust me. The street is busy enough at all hours that you feel safe walking it and cabs are always right there if you are more comfortable taking a ride. This will be the first place we try to get reservations for on our next trip to NYC.

The room was nice and clean. Good size for midtown!

Booked the stay with starwood points.

The staff was great! From Check in to check out and even at the Hotel bar during our stay. The dinning room is really nice, too.

It was a busy weekend with the Marathon and even with the Hotel fully booked we felt like we were given the best treatment.

AND we had a great view!

I recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Awesome Review! We are so happy that you found our location to be an excellent one and even more that our staff was accommodating.

We look forward to having you back.

Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The staff at this hotel was amazing, especially for NYC. Location could have been a little better (across from Port Authority) but this is the Times Square area after all. Staff: of special note were Anthony in the bar, Ev and Shab in the dining room. Friendly and professional and always a big smile!
Very convenient to Times Square and the Theater District. My only complaint was the pillows were very soft, I would have appreciated one or two more firm. Notwithstanding, we slept well and the convenient location to major attractions was a big plus. We are native New Yorkers and this hotel is on our revisit list.

Stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for a City View room on the highest floor you can get!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review! We will look into why your pillows were extra soft.

We look forward to having you back.

Boxborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I left my wallet in the back of a taxi and had no cash. Thankfully, I had my Bank of America ATM card...but was short on time and the closest BOA ATM was inside the subway station right down the street. One of the gentlemen working the bell desk kindly offered to lend me his Metro card so that I could withdraw some cash. A second gentleman offered his Metro card to my friend so that I wouldn't have go by myself. This is only one example of the great client care I experienced last weekend. The gentleman running the breakfast buffet in the morning was incredibly friendly and the server quite polite. They had hot cider in the lobby in the evenings...it was such a lovely touch!! It's funny, I have stayed at plenty of hotels in NYC (from Four Points to the Peninsula) and have to say that this is by far the friendliest staff I have encountered.

The neighborhood is what it is. Yes, the neighborhood can seem a touch seedy to some (there is an adult shop on the same block), but I have stayed here several times on my own (5'2" petite woman) and have not once felt uncomfortable walking to or from the hotel at night. The location is insanely convenient...the subway and Port Authority bus terminal are within a block of the place (A, C, E, N, Q, R, 1, 2, 3, and 7 trains are right there).

It's not the Ritz, but it is convenient, clean, and the staff is incredible. I stayed there last weekend and am so happy with my stay that when a friend suggested a night in the city, I immediately booked us a room there (and chose this over the Sheraton Times Square and the Parker Meridian).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I am extremely grateful for your great review! What a great story, we are so happy that you were able to recover your wallet.

I will make sure I share this fantastic review with my staff.