“I'm pleased!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“I'm pleased!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located. I was able to walk to Time Square, Korea Town, and I'm venturing out more today. I'm about to switch to a sister property, The Element, so I can rack up some stays while I'm here. The bed was comfortable and the water is free! If you're an SPF member I think you get 20% off at the restaurant.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We are even more pleased that your stay was a great one! As you had mentioned, all members of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) get a 20% discount in our restaurant for food. We are glad you got to take advantage of this promotion. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It is a nice hotel hidden in the street beside port authority. The rooms are clean, well sized for new york city, the bathrooms tend to be a bit smaller than expected. The bathrooms hardly had any space to hand used towels/clothes which made us just dump them on the floor and get new ones. But hey for the price, i thought the location and quality of rooms were excellent. An open parking lot nearby for anyone driving to the city and the subway is just around the corner. Free bottled water and delivery of ice to your rooms were a few cool perks. Though I did miss the refrigerator in my room, I am sure they could have had those portable ones for extremely necessary situations.

Now the drawbacks: Being near port authority it may not be the safest place in town however if you are in front of the hotel, you are fine. There are a couple of hotels in the same complex and all lobbies are next to each other. The staff of the hotel appeared to be friendly however was not. I had booked two rooms through hotels.com (the webstie who told me that this hotel existed) and I called well in advance to request rooms on a higher and same floor. The attendant told me he has added noted for the same. When I check-in, the rooms are on the 3rd floor. Apparently they never had any notes for higher floor... Weird. They said that they could not honor the request because I booked through 'hotels.com' and not through sheraton's website. How the hell would I know about this hotel if hotels.com didnot exist.

The gentleman said he would move us to higher floors the next day. I went down to the desk next morning, the lady there said that they do not have any upcoming rooms for today and the gentleman last night was probably mistaken. She said to check later or else she would do it tomorrow. I checked back in the evening and she was still not sure of higher floor rooms for tomorrow. After living in the same room for 2 days, it is painful to checkout and move for just oneday. I guess the staff was just waiting for us to give up as it was a three night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a higher floor. Hopefully they listen to you
Green Features: I think they should have more towel hanging racks in the bathroom so that towels can be reused.
1 Thank Anuja K
Thank you for your very detailed review of the hotel.

I noticed that you mentioned not having a refrigerator in the room. We don't, but do however have them upon request. As for the staff concerns you mentioned, we do not necessarily see all notes when a reservation is booked through a third party site. I believe the Guest Service Agent was meaning to tell you that when reservations are processed through Starwood sites, we can see all guest requests you may have.

I would like to invite you back for a future stay to show you how great we can be. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Deep River, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The lobby is very small, but the staff was very welcoming. When we got into our room, it was obvious that the AC was not working properly. A maintenance man was there within minutes to fix it, and when we got back dinner and a show, it was on the blink again. I asked for a room change and the desk clerk brought up a key to another room within minutes. The buffet breakfast was better than I expected...lots of choices. I had my grand-daughter with me and she had the option of bringing a fish in a small tank to spend the night. Never heard of that before, but she liked it.
My biggest complaint is not with the hotel, but with the street it's on. While convenient to Broadway, the traffic is horrible due to the fact that it's across the street from the Port Authority Bus terminal. Add that to normally bad NYC traffic, and it's a mess. For that reason alone, I most likely will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. As for the issues you mentioned, it seems like all were resolved during your stay.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

first family trip to NY City was a little nervous....so we did our research into hotels. Saw that the Four Points Midtown Times Square got really good reviews, so we tried them out. What a relief!! The staff was most courteous and professional in every step of the way! Was absolutely blown away when we received calls asking us if there was anything that they could do to make our stay more enjoyable! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York for the first time...or for anyone! Location put us close to pretty much everything we wanted to see. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back for many more stays in the future.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Unfortunately the room was filthy with piles of dust and dirt on the carpet and along all of the base. It was disgusting. Luckily the sheets appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. The sink was clogged and maintenance did not have any luck fixing it and were still in our room at 2AM. It is also located near the Port Authority so was very noisy and we heard people screaming all night. We initially had 3 nights booked, but left after just one. It was just too unsanitary. The staff however was fabulous and understanding, and helped us find a suitable replacement for the next 2 nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debra R
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I personally want to apologize about the experience you had. As you can see from many many other previous reviews we take guestroom cleanliness very serious. We just recently completed a deep extraction of all of our room carpets to avoid occasions like this from ever happening. I would like the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please reach out to me via email at joseph.turano@fourpointsmidtowntimessquare.com.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It is located 15 minutes away from 5th Avenue. We went to see Wicked which is on the 51st Street and that took us 30 minutes. Room is cozy while the lobby has very tight space. Friendly and approachable staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks for the rave reviews of our location! Wicked is a tough ticket, but we are glad that we were part of your experience.

We look forward many more future moments.

CT
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a very nice one night stay last Saturday at the Four Points in Midtown. Room was small but well appointed and very clean. King bed was very cozy. View was of an alley way and building but we were hardly in the room so didn't bother us! Free wifi was an unexpected perk! Also there was a coffee machine in the room, a safe, flat screen TV and 2 free bottles of water with no strings attached! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be there (not always the case at other hotels!). Air conditioning worked very well but was a little loud. Although it is across from the bus terminal we never heard any noise in the room. We walked from the Javitz where we attended a convention and it was an easy 10 minute walk. It's a 5 minute walk to Times Square and the subway on 42nd street. Excellent location. We were lucky enough to get this hotel through a bid on Priceline but wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel directly next time!

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the street. Will be quieter!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks for the fantastic review, and mentions of our great amenities which are almost all free! Thanks for the staff comments which I will definitely share. We look forwar to having you back.