“Fantastic Customer Service!”

Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
Ranked #178 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here June 12th for one night. While the rooms are small, the bed was comfortable, as was the room overall. The lobby is small but the restaurant has a good and inexpenseive buffet breakfast...and I really liked the free WiFi and water/not being nicked and dimed! The customer service during my stay was EXCEPTIONAL! A great value in NYC/the Times Square area. FOr the customer service alone I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a city view...you'll get a top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We love how you highlighted our CUSTOMER SERVICE! We are so glad that you enjoyed everything and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, great location. The Port Authority area is very busy, a lot of traffic and street noise. But if you want to be at the epicenter of Manhattan this is your hotel. Thanks to Rah at the Gotham Bistro and to Anthony at the Bar.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a fantastic review of our hotel. We will let Rahman and Anthony know the recognition you provided. We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our second trip to NYC to catch Stacy Kent's performance at Birdland. Four Points offers a good location, decent, clean rooms with good beds and bedding though the bathrooms are small as noted elsewhere on TA, but at good prices for NYC. Other guests comprised mostly of families and business people. We booked dinner through the advice of the hotel's concierge at Becco, found on 'Restaurant Row' which had decent food with white linen table cloths at reasonable prices for NYC and it was hopping busy, always a good sign. On the same road (walking distance) was Brasserie Athenee which we'll try on our next visit, quieter and more atmospheric. Dean and Delucca is nearby for a quick lunch if on the run. The hotel staff were friendly and professional. I was a little leery about having to walk by the Port Authority returning at night but never encountered any problems. Macy's is also a short walk away for some quick shopping. We shall return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the fantastic review. We are conveniently located to many of the great shows Broadway has to offer and also some great restaurants. We are glad you got to enjoy this and look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located. I was able to walk to Time Square, Korea Town, and I'm venturing out more today. I'm about to switch to a sister property, The Element, so I can rack up some stays while I'm here. The bed was comfortable and the water is free! If you're an SPF member I think you get 20% off at the restaurant.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are even more pleased that your stay was a great one! As you had mentioned, all members of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) get a 20% discount in our restaurant for food. We are glad you got to take advantage of this promotion. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It is a nice hotel hidden in the street beside port authority. The rooms are clean, well sized for new york city, the bathrooms tend to be a bit smaller than expected. The bathrooms hardly had any space to hand used towels/clothes which made us just dump them on the floor and get new ones. But hey for the price, i thought the location and quality of rooms were excellent. An open parking lot nearby for anyone driving to the city and the subway is just around the corner. Free bottled water and delivery of ice to your rooms were a few cool perks. Though I did miss the refrigerator in my room, I am sure they could have had those portable ones for extremely necessary situations.

Now the drawbacks: Being near port authority it may not be the safest place in town however if you are in front of the hotel, you are fine. There are a couple of hotels in the same complex and all lobbies are next to each other. The staff of the hotel appeared to be friendly however was not. I had booked two rooms through hotels.com (the webstie who told me that this hotel existed) and I called well in advance to request rooms on a higher and same floor. The attendant told me he has added noted for the same. When I check-in, the rooms are on the 3rd floor. Apparently they never had any notes for higher floor... Weird. They said that they could not honor the request because I booked through 'hotels.com' and not through sheraton's website. How the hell would I know about this hotel if hotels.com didnot exist.

The gentleman said he would move us to higher floors the next day. I went down to the desk next morning, the lady there said that they do not have any upcoming rooms for today and the gentleman last night was probably mistaken. She said to check later or else she would do it tomorrow. I checked back in the evening and she was still not sure of higher floor rooms for tomorrow. After living in the same room for 2 days, it is painful to checkout and move for just oneday. I guess the staff was just waiting for us to give up as it was a three night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a higher floor. Hopefully they listen to you
1  Thank Anuja K

Thank you for your very detailed review of the hotel.

I noticed that you mentioned not having a refrigerator in the room. We don't, but do however have them upon request. As for the staff concerns you mentioned, we do not necessarily see all notes when a reservation is booked through a third party site. I believe the Guest Service Agent was meaning to tell you that when reservations are processed through Starwood sites, we can see all guest requests you may have.

I would like to invite you back for a future stay to show you how great we can be. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The lobby is very small, but the staff was very welcoming. When we got into our room, it was obvious that the AC was not working properly. A maintenance man was there within minutes to fix it, and when we got back dinner and a show, it was on the blink again. I asked for a room change and the desk clerk brought up a key to another room within minutes. The buffet breakfast was better than I expected...lots of choices. I had my grand-daughter with me and she had the option of bringing a fish in a small tank to spend the night. Never heard of that before, but she liked it.
My biggest complaint is not with the hotel, but with the street it's on. While convenient to Broadway, the traffic is horrible due to the fact that it's across the street from the Port Authority Bus terminal. Add that to normally bad NYC traffic, and it's a mess. For that reason alone, I most likely will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. As for the issues you mentioned, it seems like all were resolved during your stay.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

first family trip to NY City was a little nervous....so we did our research into hotels. Saw that the Four Points Midtown Times Square got really good reviews, so we tried them out. What a relief!! The staff was most courteous and professional in every step of the way! Was absolutely blown away when we received calls asking us if there was anything that they could do to make our stay more enjoyable! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York for the first time...or for anyone! Location put us close to pretty much everything we wanted to see. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back for many more stays in the future.