“Central; with small, calm rooms”

Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
Ranked #170 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Geneva, Switzerland
“Central; with small, calm rooms”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was staying in this hotel during a business trip and booked a room with City view. The rooms are typical for New York - very small, though the view was panoramic over roofs. The location was very central and recommended for those who prefer to be in the melting pot :) In general: good for New York and price

Room Tip: Get a room in high floors not to be disturbed by street noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lifeconnoisseurs
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thanks for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of your stay. We look forward to possibly having you back.

Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Prior to our recent stay I had read quite a few reviews about this hotel which were mostly mixed but the general consensus was that for the price and location, the hotel was decent so having that in mind, my expectations weren't too high upon arrival. The rooms are in fact small as others have already mentioned. I was traveling with my mother and two teenagers and we were cramped in the double room with all four us plus our luggage. The bathrooms in the rooms are also tiny. Several of the outlets in our room weren't working nor was one of the room phones. The fan in the bathroom was loose and rattled quite loudly when you turned it on. Of all the things mentioned, the fan was the only thing that got fixed during our stay. The hotel also offers breakfast and as you might imagine, it's overpriced and leaves a lot to be desired. We only ate there because the kids in true teenager fashion acted as though they were starving and we only had breakfast there once during our stay. The "buffet" is $20 p/person and it's really nothing to rave over. If you want to save yourself a few bucks, venture out to a local diner or something for breakfast.

The hotel location is great and while others have made reference to the sketchiness of the proximity to the Port Authority terminal and a probation office, neither were noticeable to me or my family. I didn't see anything or anyone in the area that made me any more uncomfortable than things or people I saw in other areas of the City.

Be advised that there is no hotel shuttle or anything from the airport so you'll need to either take a cab or some other form of transportation to get to the hotel.

Wi-Fi is free so there's a bonus for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I review all social media reviews with my staff to ensure we constantly improve. If you can provide me with more information about your stay, I would greatly appreciate it. Please email me at joseph.turano@fourpointsmidtowntimessquare.com

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

It's in a small shady corner. The lobby is as small as it can get. The elevators sound like they're about to fall. Once you enter your floor it looks like a jail, everything is crammed together. The room is in fact pretty alright compared to what I was expecting after seeing the rest of the place. The room also had a terrible view of some ally and offices.
If you're okay with an alright room, this could be the place for you but my advice would be to check elsewhere. We got a better rate at Westin and are staying here currently after one night at that place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mehreen A
We are so sorry we were not the right hotel for your stay. I can assure you our elevators are inspected regularly and I will investigate the comment you made.

As for views of the city, being we are 32 story hotel, not all floors have views. View rooms are in high request, but we do offer an option for city view rooms.

Pricing wise, we are fairly competitive to most hotels in our area, though demand dictates pricing in New York City.

We hope you can give us a chance in the future to see how great we can be.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2014

To some, who aren't used to the small room sizes in NYC this hotel may not appeal to them, however the staff and location definitely make up for the small rooms. This hotel is located next to Port Authority and is a 5 minute walk to times square. Why I like this hotel in particular is that it is not in the heart of times square so you are not overrun with noise, tourists, and busy streets. It is easy to get to all subways and many restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for the wonderful comments. We hope you choose us again in the future.

Macungie, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Four points has the best customer service that I have experienced in a long time. They were extremely friendly and helpful. I was even put on a higher floor for the views without even having to ask. The were more than happy to hold our luggage after check out so we could enjoy the city one more day. The rooms were spacious for a NYC hotel. Very clean. I will be returning in November.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aimee W
Wow! We are so honored to be one of the best hotels you have experienced. We can't wait to have you back in November!
delhi
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After freezing the price of 111 USD they increased the price to 225 USD and then one of the staff offered price of 160 USD and then another staff increased it to 180 USD, it is inside the street and not on main avenue, no one lets client interact with the GM who is suppose to be responsible for all the customer care, 90% people working in the hotel are trainees or just assistants and they have very casual attitude towards all the clients, there is no reception of the hotel. Neighboring hotel there is some club so in night it looks very scary or not safe, street is not clean, everyday you have same breakfast to eat. Over expensive. Housekeeping goes from the hotel after 5 PM and they will never clean your room for more than once even if anything happens, taps of the bathrooms has problem.

Room Tip: Don't book
Green Features: Nothing is environmental friendly i don't know much about that, i didn't notice anything much
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
My particular recollection of the event as follows.

The guest was about to checkout of the hotel, and spoke to me, stating to me that he would like a cheaper rate. He stated that he LOVED the hotel but a competitor had a better price. I agreed to match the competitors rate.

Exactly 4 days later the guest emails me stating he would like the same rate. After researching the dates he requested our rates were selling $250 higher than his previous stay. I agreed to lower his rate from $329 to $229. The guest then demanded breakfast and dinner be included. At this point i told the guest we could not do it. He then states to someone else that our rate should be the same from the previous week. I explained to the guest that rates fluctuate due to demand.

He would not take this for an answer and then stormed out of the hotel. I then recieve an email from the guest threatning social media reviews.

Clearly we were not trying to cheat anyone and as you can see from many many reviews, service and our reputation is the most important thing to me and my staff.

Joseph Turano
Cork
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here back in December 2012 for 8 nights..best hotel ever..rooms were huge, spotless, free tea/coffee/hot chocolate at reception everyday and as much as you want which was fab with the cold weather. Location is perfect, 2 min walk into the heart of Times Square, staff were so friendly and helpful cannot fault the place..this hotel made my first experience in newyork so enjoyable. 10 out if 10

Stayed December 2013
We loved that you loved it! We look forward to having you back.