“Staybridge kept us in a NY state of mind!”

Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #129 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sunny Florida
“Staybridge kept us in a NY state of mind!”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I would be remiss if I did not write this review, and it is way overdue. Our Mother-daughter trip in March was my second trip to NY in several months and both times I stayed at Staybridge Suites. I did my homework and spent months researching before deciding on Staybridge. I am so glad I did. The hotel is a hidden gem in Manhattan, and you can feel 100% confident booking a room here. The location could not be better. You can literally walk 4-5 minutes and you are in the heart of Times Square, yet the hotel is just out of the way of the noise and traffic. The Port Authority is directly across the street, which has a convenient shuttle for $15 each way to the airport. We found out too late that the shuttle would have picked us up directly in front of the hotel at no additional charge, however, it must be ordered in advance. The hotel neighborhood is safe and there is a delicious, inexpensive pizza shop at the top of the street (we felt very safe walking up there at midnight, there are people everywhere!) We also had our most delicous meal right up the block at 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's kitchen.

The rooms were gorgeous. They are clean and modern with updated furniture and linens. The view of the city was amazing. The kitchenettes are a very nice bonus. Although it is true that most NY travelers do not spend much time in their rooms, it was nice to have the fridge for water, coffee, beer, wine, left over pizza and whatever else we wanted when we returned home after a long day. The breakfast buffet was great, although we did not ever have a sit down (it was very busy). The food was always fresh and they continually kept things replaced and full. They even provided to-go containers which was nice for groups like ours who were always on the go.

The staff were by far the best part of the hotel. They have the art of customer service perfected. Jamie greeted us when we arrived and I must admit, the five of us girls looked forward to seeing if he was working each day! He was friendly, hysterical (my Mom just today brought up something he said that made us laugh, which prompted me to finally write the review!) and he sent us for the most delicious pizza the day we arrived. He made our trip more personal, and we felt so much like part of the big Staybrige family while we were there. We were actually sad to say goodbye to him. Another staff member worth mentioning is Marchin. He held our bags for us while our rooms were being prepared and he went out of his way to make us comfortable. He was always available to help if we needed it and his smile was contagious. The two guys have it going on and have raised the bar on customer service for us.

Staybridge Suites is an amazing hotel in Times Square that has gorgeous rooms with full kitchenettes, free breakfast and the location is second to none. Book the room, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Check the rates often, they can change daily
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank adivamom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Based on all of the positive reviews and the reasonable price for a Midtown hotel, we decided to book our stay here. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that all the good feedback was true!

After flying on a red eye flight we reached NYC early in the morning. Check in wasn't until 4 but the hotel staff was very accommodating to take our bags and invite us to the free continental breakfast. They also took down our cell numbers to let us know when the room was ready and we got access 4 hours early.

The customer service throughout our stay continued to be top notch. The front desk staff and bellboys were always friendly and smiling. The cleaning staff was very prompt in fixing our room up. And the continental breakfast and sundowner's reception was a great touch. Free wine and cheese anyone?

Overall, we had a very positive experience with our first stay in NYC. The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing and in a great proximity to restaurants. My husband's only complaint was the slow elevators to the top. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JKLawson
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Great location, full hot breakfast was wonderful, staff was so helpful, and the room was so awesome. This hotel has thought of everything. And the value puts it over the top. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank calliemom
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 10 May 2011

When I read the reviews here on Tripadvisor, and got the amazing deal I got, I thought "there's got to be some catch".. It can't be all that great - this location, these reviews for this price - but it turned up that there is no catch, band it's all true!
I originally booked our vacation from April 20th to May 5th, with our 9 months baby.
First of all, it was great to have the kitchen in the room, secondly, since you are close to everything, the vacation with a baby was great.
I must point out one of the hotel employees - Joy Carter - which helped us very much when our flight back was cancelled, and did all she could to help us extend our stay for 2 more days, although the hotel was 100% occupied, and although we knew at the last minute.
So - to summarize - BOOK THERE!

Room Tip: Nothing in particular..
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MosheTshuva
Vila Real, Portugal
Reviewed 9 May 2011

starting with a great location: on 40th street in the heart of midtown, 5 minutes away from times square,restaurant row, theater row, fashion avenue but still a very calm street and very secure. Breakfast is very good. Service very good, people very kind and always offering to help in anything. The value for money is truly amazing.
i would definitely recommend it to anyone who travels to NEW YORK.
a GREAT CITY, a GREAT HOTEL.

Room Tip: the best rooms:NORTH above 10th floor
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nuno_maria
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I must say this is one of the best hot
I have been to. The staffs were really friendly, funny, helpful, and welcoming. I couldn't ask for more. I will definitely return this hotel in the future. This hotel is one of my most memorable memory that happened in nyc. I hope when I return again I will meet those friendly staffs again and keep up with the quailty. Hotel was nearby attractions, all in walking distance, afdordable restaurants. Room was comfortable except bed was too soft for me but my friend loved it, kitchen and room was well equiped. Only thing I thing I didn't like was elevator took forever.

• Stayed May 2011
Carnoustie
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Decided to stay here after reading the other reviews and I have to agree with them all. Very clean, great staff, very good location. All the major tourist attractions are within easy reach. The room was spacious and well equipped. All said and done a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple