“Great for groups”

Ranked #129 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
“Great for groups”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was chaperoning my son's HS choir trip. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites right off of Times Square. It was a very nice hotel and they were very accommodating to our large group. The rooms were spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the kitchen/ bathroom areas were spotlessly clean and very well organized. We stayed for nearly a week and everyone that we encountered on their staff was courteous and polite. The breakfast served in the morning was delicious, too! They always kept it stocked up even during the busiest morning rush. There was plenty of room for seating and visiting while you ate. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are booking a trip for a group. Great rates, perfect location near Times Square, Broadway, and the Subway. If you don't mind a short walk, you can walk to many attractions from here. I will definitely look it up again on my next trip to NYC. The only problem we had throughout the entire trip was with the elevators. They are extremely slow. We did have a large group and there were only a couple of elevators. We spent a very long time waiting on the elevators because were were staying on some of the higher floors.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Excellent staff and service, I was early so they stored my bags for me then called me when my room was available. Enjoyed the high floor, bigger and clean room, nice view, good amenities, big TV but occasional signal interruptions can be annoying, simple breakfast - wish they had the regular and not "light" yogurt, excellent location and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
1 Thank petrapenang
abay
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our recent stay at Staybridge Suites was the first time, very enjoyable, updated, clean, complimentary breakfast was a nice touch a little tight on seating wait staff service was very attentive. Sonny the Bellman was the one who stole the show, friendlily, accommodating, knowledgeable with a great personality who can make anyone smile.
We just want to say THANK YOU Sonny for a great experience.
Ridley's

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Iris J, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are please you chose the Staybridge and had a great stay.It's even more pleasing to hear about your wonderful experience with our staff and that you found them friendly and helpful. I'll be sure to share your review with sunny as he loves hearing positive feedbacks from our guest. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2013

It was my second stay in this hotel and, like the last time, i really enjoy my stay.

I arrive by bus so since the hotel is just besides the Port Authority bus Terminal so walking from and to the terminal was quick. Hotel is just a few blocks from Times square and close distance to many restaurants. There is also a Duane Reade at the corner where you can find snacks and beverages. The hotel is also a short walking distance from a lot of shopping opportunities such as Macy's...

Hotel lobby is nice and clean and friendly staff. I arrive early in the morning but they kept my luggage for the day while i started visiting. They also provided me with a key to a restroom so i could freshen up and invited me for the complimentary breakfast. It isnt much but since i was technically becoming a customer 12 hours later, i thought it was a nice gesture. Many places would have just hold my suitcase and sent me on my merry way...

Rooms are nice and clean, bed is comfortable. The rooms are small but functional. Full Fridge and small kitchenette which was great for keeping water and drinks cold. Shower only in the bathroom and although it was working well, the shower stall was a bit small. i'm 5'9'' and 185 pounds and didnt have trouble but somebody taller and/or bigger might be a bit tight...

Free wifi was easy to access and work all the time although it became slow on occasion...Complimentary breakfast is also nice but not unforgettable. You probably will go out to eat breakfast after a day or two as there is many options nearby...But if you want to save a couple of bucks, you'll be able to have a decent meal.

One thing that was reviewed here often was how slow the elevators where...There are 3 elevators but they are very small so not a lot of people can get on at the same time. I didnt feel that it was a problem but since the hotel is 32 floors high, it can be a little waiting period before stepping on one...Never waited more than 5 minutes though...

Some people mention the neighbourhood is shady...I think the location is great and it is true that you will find some strange looking characters in the area, especially around the port auhtority terminal..But then again, it's New York! There is no area in manhattan that is squeeky clean or that you won't find this kind of people...

Room Tip: Instead of getting snacks and drinks in the lobby's ''pantry'' go to Duane Reade...
Sun City, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I came across the name of this hotel with Expedia. The reviews on TripAdvisor we very good.
I can only add to the outstanding reviews. The location is great, withing walking distance to many attractions.
The amenities very more than I had hoped for and everything was nice and clean.
Best of all were the staff! Everybody went out of their way to make our trip wonderful..
Arjeta especially made our trip very memorable. We will certainly stay at the Staybridge again and recommended it to many of our friends.

Room Tip: The upper levels have very nice views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Idriss K, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you so very much for your great review!!!.
We are happy you liked the location of the hotel as well as all the amenities, and we are thrilled to hear that our staff went out of his way to make your stay even more enjoyable, especially Arjeta.
Thank you again for recommending our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you for your next trip to the big apple.

Staybridge Suites Team.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I spent a week staying here on holiday at the start of September, and I thought it was a great hotel. The free in-room wifi was fast enough for me to be able to facetime with my family back home, which was great. I never had to buy breakfast, as the breakfast in the hotel was worth eating (really nice cereal). The location is very good - it's far enough away from the busy 8th and 9th Avenues that it is quiet at night to sleep, but close enough to where the action is. And the room was really comfortable with a modern bathroom and a proper shower cubicle. I admit that I didn't attend any of the evening get-togethers, but I also thought that was a nice idea.
At the time I left, I thought the hotel was 10 out of 10. After staying in a couple of other places since, I'd say 11 out of 10 - I would definitely stay here again.
I was also able to use loyalty points from Holiday Inn (also part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group) to reduce the cost of my stay, which was a huge bonus for me.

Warsaw
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Location very good: opposite the Main Bus Terminal (Port Authority) and direct access to the subway. 5-minutes walk away from Times Square, many great take-away food options around. Hotel breakfast OK (however, as European, I am used to better bread and more tasty scrambled eggs), major problem is the lack of space - difficult to find a free table in the morning. Small, but well-equipped gym. Free WiFi, but not great signal (at least not on the 31st floor, where we were staying).

Room Tip: If you can, ask for North-side high-floor rooms, they have the nicest view.