“Very nice find”

Ranked #132 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Oxford, Ohio
“Very nice find”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Because taxi rides can add up in cost, we wanted to stay close to Penn Station. We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff is friendly and promote a friendly atmosphere. They provide breakfast daily and on Tuesday-Thursday, an evening mixing time is provided. We would stay here again. A weekly handout was given about local events.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed one night and had an enjoyable experience. Room was clean and bed was cosey. Didn't need to use the small kitchen but it was a nice touch. Very close to Times Square, no need for a taxi. Staff were helpful. Room was small but we were hardly in it. Would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bulldog06492
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Staybridge for 3 nights...the room was decent with a small kitchen when walking into the room...the room is small...typical in big cities...breakfast was poor with not much variety and refill was slow...the seats were always packed so you may want to have bf early...lift takes time so you may want to stay the lower floors...other than that...the hotel location was great.

Stayed April 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear willytyt,

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you liked your overall stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed 27 April 2014

best place that we've been to so far in NYC. Newly decorated, better view than most hotel rooms, and great location made this our favorite hotel that we've stay in. The kitchen seemed very usable, the bathroom was huge and very modern and the beds were quite comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CDMG123
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here in the city! Our central location is ideal for getting around the city to see all the sights. We are honored to be considered your favorite choice and hope you will return to the Staybridge on your next trip to NYC!
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was perfect. The location is excellent, so close to Times Square and the Subway. The beds were extremely comfortable which was great after a long day of sigh seeing. When I'm back in NYC I will stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and if you book early you can get some great deals.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank litetravelgirl
Thank you for your lovely review! Our pillow top mattresses are definitely perfect for resting after a full day in the city and it sounds like you really made the most of your trip. We would love nothing more than to welcome you back to the Staybridge the next time you are in NYC!

new jersey
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites Times Square this past week and I can't praise this hotel enough. I had plenty of hotels to choose from. I needed a centrally located safe and clean hotel. I made three different hotel reservations and I actually had my mom go in and check them out before I settled on the right one. My mom works in the city.

What can I say. The hotel was soo comfortable, soo clean and the staff was the best I have experienced. The concierge was so very helpful .Everybody was so courteous and professional I felt very comfortable staying there. Kernita in the dinning area was so sweet and pleasant.

The best part of my stay was the complimentary food and drinks at around 5pm. We toured the whole day and came back to the hotel during the evening to change for our Broadway shows, it was nice to sit and relax and have a glass of wine before venturing out again.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Even though the hotel is in Times Square it is quite.
I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ajnewjersey
Thank you for your kind review about your time here! It sounds like you are a very savvy traveler and we are thrilled that we met all your expectations! We pride ourselves on customer service and I’m glad to hear you found everyone friendly and helpful. We will certainly pass along your kind words to Kernita. She is always so cheerful and I know she will be happy to hear she helped make your stay even better! Our social reception is perfect for recharging before a night out on the town walking the city or seeing a show! We would love the chance to welcome you back to the Staybridge and hope to see you again soon!

Adelaide
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I chose this hotel for my post marathon stay based on recommendations from a few of my travel agent colleagues. I called up for agent rates and was able to get 2 king suites cheaper than 1 x double double. This is my 4th trip to NYC. Location of the hotel is excellent. On 40th between 8th and 9th. Yes the parole board is just up the street a couple of doors but there is no issue with that.
Hotel lobby is small, for the size of the hotel. There are only 2 check in desks. There is no place to sit and wait in the lobby. My suggestion is a bench seat in front of the water feature wall. There are seats out the front but that doesn't work if you are waiting for someone to come downstairs, and I wouldn't be sitting out there I the cold.
We arrived early- before actual room check in, but like most hotels the staff were happy to store our bags. We did a pre registration and were told that adjoining rooms had been blocked for us. We did end up having an issue with the pre registration as we were told that the card we handed over would not be charged, just an imprint taken. When we got back they told us our card had been declined- of course it would be, I didn't have the value of 2 rooms to be charged on my card, I gave it over for an imprint!!!! We had wanted to pay with alternate cards and were told we would be charged at the end. This was not the case.
I had asked why no one had called me, when they had taken my number at pre registration and could not be given an answer. We were given keys and just before we got in the lift I noticed our rooms were not adjoining as promised. So back to the desk to be told that there were no adjoining rooms on a high floor. I asked for a manager. I got Megan. All I can say is that she is credit to this property. We explained what we had been told. She apologised. I said that because the hotel had charged the card when there wasn't that limit on it, I would be charged fees. She said, not a problem I would be reimbursed. I also explained that I would not accept adjoining rooms on a lower floor when I had been told that 2 rooms on a high floor had been blocked for us. Interestingly, after being told that we couldn't have adjoining rooms in the 27th floor, Megan magically gave us the room next to one of the ones we had. So not sure why the young man couldn't do this? Clearly had a boy look, or didn't care, or couldn't cope with a travel agent knowing what should have happened and didn't. Either way, he was outshone by his manager Megan.
Megan explained that a report would be written about the incident. I also asked her about her shifts, and she told me when she would be in and the names of other managers who would be on duty if I needed anything. Jus to finish off, another special mention for Iris, hotel manager who sorted out the reimbursement for my card fees. She also arranged for the hotel to pay for my laundry as a gesture of good will. We had also been given a couple of bottles of wine by Megan for the inconvenience at the start and another bottle of wine and a big glass of M&M s sent up when I came in to find no shower curtain after the room attendant had forgot to replace it one day.
The reason I tell this story is that the management are keen to make sure any issues are dealt with and ironed out. They don't want people to be unhappy. And I am sure that these are isolated incidents.

The hotel itself is excellent. The King Suites we had were great. Full sized fridge, couple of hot plates, coffee machine, utensils etc.
My suite had a shower over bath with a small vanity where as mum's had just a shower with a large vanity. If you are a big person, you will find the shower only option small as it is an enclosed shower.
Bed exceptionally comfortable. In room safe in a small closet.
Luggage rack built in to the desk.
I turned the air con off as it kept coming on in the middle of the night.
We had rooms 27001 and 27002. Both had partial views of the Empire State Building which was a nice treat.
There are a lot of reviews saying the lifts are a nightmare, we had no issue at anytime over our 4 night stay.
Our rate included breakfast daily. I must say the size of the breakfast room and overflow room is not ideal if the hotel was really busy. But there is the option to take your breakfast back to your room on a tray which we did twice, even though the breakfast room was not full or busy, it was just nice to be able to sit in my room at leisure and eat. Good range of cereals, yoghurt, fruit, toast, eggs, bacon etc. Coffee and juices as well. Excellent to get your day started.

We would definitely return to this hotel. It's an excellent property, excellent location and lovely staff.

Room Tip: 27001/27002 King Suites- Partial Empire State View Rooms. They are right near the lifts, but I encou...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank wildflowerb
Donna R, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear wildflowerb,
Congratulations on your Marathon run! Thank you for choosing us as your home base. I apologize you did not see our Great Room during your visit. It is located just off of the lobby, and has tables and benches for seating, with a cozy fireplace and boardgames and television. It is the perfect place to put your feet up while you are waiting for friends or making plans for a night on the town.
Thank you so much for mentioning Megan and Iris. They are both superstars and would delight in going the extra mile for you. I apologize you did have those hiccups upon your arrival, they are certainly not reflective of our Front Desk team, who pride themselves on instinctively delighting our guests, but am so pleased Megan and Iris were able to quickly assist you and remedy the situation.
We certainly hope to welcome you back again this year for the Marathon! Perhaps you will run into a few of our bellmen out there on the course!