“Perfect location+great service”

Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #150 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend, the hotel is perfectly well located in the middle-town, just a couple of blocks away from Times Square. First of all, hotel location is great, eventhough it is located next to the bus station it represents an advantage since the subway is located there, street is safe and well iluminated. Secondly, rooms are perfect for tourists, comfortable, nice and clean, the rest of the ammenities are really nice, wi-fi, breakfast is great considering that you are in NYC. Finally, the service is great, employees are very kind and helpful, specially Jaime the concierge who did all the necessary to facilitate things and services for me and my familiy so we didn't have nothing else to worry about more than enjoying our trip.

Price-performance one of the best options in Manhatan.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from a 5 night stay at the Staybridge Suites and I can't praise it highly enough. Great location, lovely selection of food for breakfast, friendly and efficient staff and very comfortable rooms. I read a few reviews before we went in which there were a few complaints about the speed of the elevators. I will agree that they were slow, especially in the mornings, but it was the only negative and really didn't spoil a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Car0lineJH
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice & clean, mini suite rooms with fridg, microwave, coffee maker. Noisy A/C & tiny shower. Stayed 3 nites & it's an easy walk to everything. Directly across from bus station which has lots of shops & fast food. Breakfast typical more of England, powdered eggs, fruit, dry baked goods. They appear to have yided to political correctness and the meat is Turkey bacon. The happy hour was nice with complimentary wine, beer & pizza & salad. Long wait for elevators since there is only 3 for 32 floors. They forgot to clean our room the 2nd da but when we called they brought towels. Had to call back for missing items but they brought right away. Front desk accommodating & Bradley at Concierge was wonderful & very helpfulness aid certainly stay there again as its a great value & close to everything but not noisy.

Room Tip: No luggage storage so large bags will be in the way. Bring ear plugs if you at bothered by noisy ai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrys59
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I feel like I am doing myself a disservice by letting the world know about this gem. It may just get too popular and then my secret will be revealed, but then, a good hotel deserves a good review.

This place is near enough to everything to be very handy but far enough away to be quiet and relaxed. Perfect! The staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are excellent. The bed and pillows are the usual "extreme comfort" typical of the IHG partners. Bathroom modern and clean, kitchenette fully equipped with everything you would need in the pots, pans and cutlery department. The place is amazingly quiet for a hotel in this part of town, but I guess I am on the side away from 40th Street so I cannot comment on the other side of the hotel but on this side its great. The free breakfast is fine and has all the usual fare. I have seen other comments about the slow elevators, and I guess they are a little slow and one has to wait a bit but considering the amazing value and comfort of this hotel, and the central location for the price, I would certainly put up with it. A "minor" inconvenience only, all things considered.

Well played, Staybridge, I will certainly book with you again the next time I am in NYC!

Room Tip: Get a high room away from 40th Street for the peace and quiet. Don't count on a view though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank EljayAdelaide
Donna R, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear EljayAdelaide,

Well thank you, we think you're pretty great! Thank you for such an amazing review! And dont worry about spilling your secret, no matter how popular we are, we will always have that hidden gem-home away from home feel. You better come back and see us again when you return to New York. Well played EljayAdelaide!

Missing you already,
The Staybridge Suites Team

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We (2 adults & 1 child of 15) stayed here for 5 nights beginning of May. The staff is very friendly, room was big enough with 2 double beds and especially the location was superb! I would definitely advise travellers to select this hotel. I had read all reviews before we went and I must say that the problem of the restaurant being too small has been solved most effectively by giving guests the opportunity to have breakfast in the bar as well. Excellent solution!! There were absolutely no negatives as far as we are concerned. We would stay there a second time; that's for sure

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank ingrid-willems
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great family place - free breakfast, nice sized rooms (for Manhattan), full sized refridgerator, microwave. Great location with access to many subway lines. There is also a lounge on the first floor which we did not visit. Plenty of carry out pizza places and such nearby as well.

Room Tip: A lower floor may be preferred given there are only 3 elevators to serve the entire property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my third stay in the city and would have to say this is the nicest hotel I have stayed at..Great location..Nice size room..Loved having a fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher in the room..Good breakfast..Friendly staff..Comfortable beds..Clean..Only drawback was (as I know other reviewers have said) the elevators! One was out of order and the others were SO slow..Stayed on the 17th floor and was not fun hiking up and down the stairs a few times in order to get to where we needed to be on time...My advice would be to get a room on one of the lower floors; unless all the walking you do in the city isn't enough for you:)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends