“Great family stay”

Ranked #133 of 468 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great family stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I usually stay at the intercontinental and am offered an upgrade at the check in kiosk. When my wife, two sons and I arrived we expected 2 beds in the room. Unfortunately when we spoke to a gentlemen at the front desk he stated he could not provide us with two beds even though we booked months in advance. Luckily another person at the check in desk, Catherine, saved the day and got us into a beautiful room with two beds.

The rooms are clean though the light from the bathroom door can be annoying in the middle of the night. Most importantly the beds were more comfortable than the ones in my house!

Room Tip: Families make sure to ask for 2 beds
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed with my family at this property in NYC for a week. I was nervous about bringing our family dog along but the hotel was very accomodating! They even sent up a water bowl to the room.All of us had a great time,Special thanks to Catherine.Catherine at the front desk gave us and our four legged family member a warm welcome and helped us locate a dog park since our dog was not accustomed to a cement side walk. Breakfast provides a good spread but make sure you get there early or it might be tough for a family of four to find seats together.

Room Tip: Be prepared to for a pet fee
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a platinum Ambassador I felt as though they went above and beyond. Particularly one young lady at the front desk, Catherine. She was very friendly and able to help us with everything we needed. We even got into our room as soon as we arrived in the morning. (Which we NEEDED given our long flight!) I read previous reviews about the elevators so I made sure to give myself extra time in the morning and I had no trouble. As a platinum ambassador I have stayed at many properties and I have to say I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank Adventure famil... g
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here for several nights for a family vacation. The rooms are small but you can't expect much room in any NYC hotel. Loved the location. We had a couple issues while there which I think management could improve upon. First we arrived at 3:30 and we're told neither of our two rooms were ready but that they were guaranteed to be done at 4:00...only one room was ready by 4:00 with the other closer to 5:00. We also wanted to do laundry and while there are 5 washers and 5 dryers, two of each were broken. Housekeeping was using two of each as well which only left one of each available for all guests. On a positive note, the concierge was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Audrey D,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad to know that our location worked for you and that you found our staff highly commendable.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you had experienced at check- in and for any inconvenience with the laundry facility. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was the third of 3 hotels that I booked based on reviews I read. In the end I cancelled the other two and went with Staybridge suites because:
1. there was a full size refrigerator
2. there was a microwave
3. there was a stove
4. the breakfast buffet

When I got there on Saturday afternoon around 2pm, I was greeted in a friendly manner by everyone and given a corner room on the 11th floor. When I got up to the room we saw that it had not been cleaned yet. We called downstairs and they took care of it immediately and gave us a room on the 19th floor (1903).

The room was immaculate, They left a wonderful box of chocolates for me when I returned from my reunion on Saturday night. There were chocolates and handwritten notes every day of my stay. And I was able to checkout at 2PM at no extra charge.

This is definitely my new favorite hotel in the IHG line and my husband and son agree that this is where we will stay on future trips to New York.
I was worried about the elevators being slow, and there were one or two times when they were, but for the most part they came quickly and they move really fast.
This is an awesome centralized location for whatever you plan to do in New York - plays, shopping, food, family. We wandered around around at all hours of the day and night and never felt isolated or unsafe.
Thanks to everyone there, the staff is truly awesome, I never felt ignored and everyone rushes to help or has a smile or nice word for you when they see you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise P
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us here at the Staybridge Times Square. I apologize for the mix up at check-in, but am glad to see we were able to fix this quickly for you! We truly value our IHG members and I’m glad we lived up to your expectations and to even better be considered a favorite of yours here! We will try to not let this go to our heads!
Our central location makes getting around the city easy and because we are in the times square area no matter what time you make it home there are always people out enjoying the lights in the city that never sleeps.
We would love to welcome you and your family back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks Again!

Staybridge Suites Team
Pori
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Clean spacious room (for NY), beds were comfortable.Good wi-fi in the room. The kitchenette was nicely equipped. Breakfast and happy hours with wine/bear and food were really good. Hotel was opposite of Port Authority station so it was easy to go everywhere by bus and subway. There was also shuttle connection between port authority and grand central terminal. Short walk to Times Square and theater district. Staff were friendly and helpful.
We would stay here again and can recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First time staying at a Staybridge property under IHG. We have a reasonable expectation on this property, physical property i.e the room and facilities are great. The all inclusive package plus the location is great. The location is just infront of the Port Authority Bus Terminal where you can take bus and go to Woodbury Common. It is also near Times Square

One exception is customer service. NO service at all. No greetings just pure cold check in. Staff after duty are loitering around the lobby and when we ask for help, he said he is off duty. Don't the hotel have staff entrance and exit? We booked for shuttle and we have 4 large baggage within the baggage requirement of the airlines and when we are going out of the hotel, we were told by the concierge lady, without us even asking, that we will definitely be charged extra and for a moment, I felt she wanted/insist us to take a cab. By the way, they accept the luggage on the shuttle.

Great property and too bad the customer service is bad. Having said that, we met a very nice housekeeping lady at the laundry room. That, slightly added some positive effect on our stay.

My recommendation, stay only if you want a room and dont expect customer service to be rendered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Rhtkiong,