Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #141 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great hotel, very nice rooms, the small kitchen in every room it's perfect. Easy localization. All the people at front desk are a fabulous. Very close from the best stores in NYC. Really very good hotel.... AAAAAAAAAA++++++++++

Room Tip: All the rooms is perfect
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MARCELLOMASSAINI
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent first experience at the Staybridge Time Square, and our first Staybridge Suites. From our warm greeting at the front desk to our final good-bye we were impressed with this hotel, both staff and accommodations! The Suite was a nice size for NYC, especially happy with our bathroom. So, pleased that towels were given for our family of four! After a long day of touring Manhattan, we grabbed dinner on the way in, and pulled out the plates and enjoyed a meal as if we were at home. We slept very well in the comfy beds, and excellent pillows, and we did NOT hear NY street sound. Most unusual for any hotel in NYC, and a pleasant change. We enjoyed a hearty breakfast before heading out the next morning. Eggs, Sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, as well, as many cold and warm cereals. We left our bags as we headed out to the Yankees game. Upon return they were quickly retrieved and a cab was hailed for us. Thanks, Bradley, it was a perfect ending to a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BeckyRed
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my second stay, the previous being in 2012.

The room was exactly as before which I'd hoped for. A high level of cleanliness and comfort in terms of the bed and room. The adjoining bathroom was cleaned every day and restocked with a good number of small and large towels. The complimentary soap/shower gel was useful though not in great quantity so best to use your own.

The in room kitchenette was well equipped though I did not use any of the appliances during the stay. The main benefit I see of this hotel is the proximity to transport and the immediate area. The subway was at the bottom of the street which made getting around easy. I walked back late at night and felt safe as the area was always well populated and close to attractions such as Times Square and nightlife without needing to use transport to get there.

I took the breakfast every morning which was good. A good range of hot and cold food and snacks including fruit, yoghurt and cereals etc. I did find it got busy so I always went before 7, after this I noticed it got pretty packed and they opened up an overflow room in the basement for people to sit in. There is a lounge area between the reception and dining room. There was also a bar which I did not use.

Service at the front desk was efficient. The only problem I had was some change I had left on the desk during my stay was taken. While there was no proof that this had been removed by housekeeping when I raised this with the front desk it was suggested perhaps this was assumed to be a tip. The front desk offered to reimburse this. My only criticism was that I was asked to contact the desk staff the next day as that manager was not going to be around. In the end I didn't have the time to do that and it would have been more proactive of the hotel if they had dealt with the matter entirely instead of putting the onus back onto me to pick up with another member of staff. While I now understand it is the culture in New York for change left on a desk to assumed to be a tip, even throughout a stay, I hadn't realised that so will know in future!

Despite this I would still recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank conrm1
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here last week with my teenage son. Hotel was in great area for getting around the city but immediate area isn't the best with the parole centre next door. Still, felt safe all the holiday.

Room 303 was spacious, clean and by the stairs - so easy access if we didn't want the lift. Liked the safe in the top of the wardrobe. Handy having the fridge for drinks after a hot day shopping and sight seeing. On the critical side, the maid doesn't hoover daily; my son wasn't keen on the the opaque bathroom door - would have preferred a solid one and the tv remote guide button didn't work. (We didn't report it though so not a major deal). The beds didn't have duvets but there were some sheets. The general manager looked a bit out of place walking around because it looked like all he wanted to do was complain - he should smile a bit.

Breakfast was a wide choice, constantly refilled, although my son would have liked more options on the hot food. I liked the variety of fruit on offer and it's a nice touch that it's also on reception throughout the day. There is coffee/hot water for tea available all day in the lounge. Unfortunately, there were quite a few flies in the lounge and breakfast area.

I was very pleased with the hotel - chosen by reading others' reviews! (this review is part written by a 14 year old)

Room Tip: Opt for a lower floor if you want to avoid the wait for lifts. Room 303 was good. Use bus 111 or 11...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank C00kie29
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was an incredible stay. The reception were so hospitable and because our room was not ready through no fault of theirs, we got upgraded to a view overlooking the Empire State Building. Reception staff were friendly, helpful and always keen to do the best that they could for us. When we had to leave they said it was still our home.

The rooms were clean and well equipped and the location is excellent, near almost every subway train line

The breakfast staff were great. Michelle, Ralph, Ricardo and Fred in particular were rushing to get things we requested that had run out, and were ever so polite and lovely

Basically I wouldn't mind living in this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much for your brilliant review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and our customer service! It means the world to us that we made you feel at home and welcome. Thank you also for the special mention to our hardworking breakfast staff. I will be sure to post this for them to see that their efforts were recognized! You can come live with us anytime you’d like! We hope you come and visit again soon!

Best Wishes,
Staybridge Suites Team

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had a few issues with housekeeping but the hotel staff bent over backwards to resolve quickly. Staff was very helpful, hotel was exceptionally clean and modern, location was great. Having said that, i feel i must respond to the recent rating by author "Whidley2011".
#1- sex shoppes, drunks, etc....IT'S NEW YORK CITY!! EVERY CORNER HAS THAT!! Maybe you should consider Disney for your children's vacation. NOT the big city that never sleeps.
#2- The lifts...this is America..THEY ARE ELEVATORS! Oh, and not that bad either. I never waited over 3 or 4 minutes.
#3- Breakfast is not bad at all considering it is FREE. Yes, they could use a few more toasters but to call the existing toasters stupid is just plain stupid on your part. They can only toast a slice of bread so fast without setting off the smoke alarms.
#4-This is New York, real estate is premium so rooms are small. So small that central air isn't practical and thus you get wall units. Wall units in a small room are a little noisy. Get over it.

In short, this hotel was not perfect for me either but was very very good and will be on the top of my list the next time I come to the city. Posters like "Whidley2011" sound to me like a spoiled little primadonna with nothing better to do with her/his time than to complain. Read other reviews to judge for yourself.

I am an avid traveler and use tripadvisor reviews often for good travel tips. This is the first time, however, that I've posted a review myself. That review got under my skin so bad, I just had to respond. While "Whidley2011" has every right to post her opinion, I too have every right to say her opinion is a joke. Sorry so long but i just couldn't let a hotel that treated my wife and i so well to be degraded like this by this fool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrstout2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here with a colleague for a work trip in May 2014 and we were glad to have picked this hotel. The location was fantastic and the beds (Serta) were awesome. I don't know whether it was due to the long days we had or the beds but we slept like babies.

The room size was decent by NY standards and actually, we didn't had to wait that long for our lifts (considering that we were staying on the top floor). A pity that we didn't get to utilise the kitchenette much but the availability of kitchen towels and a huge working fridge were nice touches. We didn't had dishwashing liquid supplied to us but it was not a big deal.

All in, a great hotel. A little pricey but worth it for its location and the beds!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business