“Eurostyle hotel”

Ranked #383 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Chicago IL
“Eurostyle hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My first stay here. Excellent location in walking distance to many attractions, lots of shopping and numerous restaurants of several different ethnic stripes. My room was small and spare, with a comfortable bed and a small desk in contemporary style, bare wood floors. bath with shower very tiny (think cruise ship) but immaculate with nice amenities.
This stay was supposed to be breakfast included. The breakfast was served in the "lobby", a tiny space next to the elevator and just past the reception desk. The only places to sit were two small ottomans. There were pots of coffee and hot water and a small lucite case with some muffins and danish. Nothing else....not exactly breakfast in my book.
The combination of the small room with no real lobby keeps this hotel from being first rate, but it still has a lot going for it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I've stayed here a few times, always welcoming, rooms clean and tidy and if you go online before you arrive, you can pre-determine room treats. I've been here a few times and would make this one of those hotels I ask my company to look putting me in for future business trips!

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the empty space next door.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jonhaywooduk
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I turned to this hotel due to an online article by Huffington Post titled "In Search for NYC's best boutique hotel". Then I read reviews on multiple sites and compared. Here's my assessment: this is not a luxury hotel nor will you find cavernous rooms with wasted space. I think it is appropriately labelled boutique, but it's not a Kimpton. Hallways are narrow. My room was impeccably clean, most of the floor is clear of carpet. Decor is unique with clean, simple lines (think IKEA) but the furniture was solid. Bed was very comfortable. We were out in a flash. The air conditioning is a window unit, with which we had no issues. I was on 11 th floor and we could hear distant street noise. I've never stayed in NY hotel where you couldn't hear some street noise. Even at 18 th floor of Hilton you can hear the garbage collection, so bring your earplugs if any noise is an issue. I thought we were the only ones on the floor. It was that quiet. If you want space to walk around the room, make sure you book a larger room (like Madison King). Location, wow, cannot be beat! Staff, helpful and friendly. Drop your bag off before check in and after check out to continue enjoying NY. Value for the $$, A plus! I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Madison king is a decent size room. Who goes to NY to spend time in a hotel, anyway?
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Handen, Sweden
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I love this hotel, have stayed here the last 5 times i´ve been to New York and it´s gettin´better and better cuz ite feels more like coming home :). Small but very clean and nice rooms with a really comfortable bed.
The only thing missing in the room is a little fridge, otherwise everything is perfect.
The staff is very service minded and helpful 24/7.
Great location too
I will stay there next time again, that´s for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I took my 80 year old mother to spend a night in NYC in July. This was her first excursion to The Big Apple and The Mave staff made it a delight. The room was available early, making settling in a breeze before venturing out into the city. A handy map was shared with us and recommendations for restaurants. The hotel is near the subway and excellent shopping. Our room was clean and comfortable with a shower that was easily accessible for my mother. I would return to The Mave in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Our room was directly across from the elevator and we did not hear a sound.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Excellence at its finest... the MAve hotel is PRIME in every sense of the word. Location… outstanding local restaurants (thank you Pablo) Amber & Fabio Piccolo Fiore. Two of the BEST meals we have ever eaten. Easy to get to everywhere you would want to go in NYC. Luxurious…hate to admit but the bed & pillows where better than home. Ultra chic bathroom and VERY VERY CLEAN. But what impressed me the most was the staff. Genuine, our every need or want was met beyond expectation. We were greeted by every single staff member throughout the halls and lobby, housekeeper was lovely making sure our towels and linens were fresh, front desk (thank you again Pablo…LOL) amazingly helpful and a gentleman. If you are looking for a TRUE NYC experience stay at the MAve… absolutely phenomenal.

Room Tip: Your wish is their command...just ask! Phenomenal location & staff.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I am a student who needed to find an inexpensive but safe hotel for my last weekend in the city. The Mave surpassed all of my expectations. Great location, helpful and smiling staff, wonderful bath products, complimentary robe, and comfortable bed! I loved my stay and truly felt pampered.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo