“Just Book It!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dupuy's Landing Guest House
Ranked #32 of 77 New York City B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Just Book It!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We just ditto all the other reviews.... great location, comfortable accommodation that doesn't break the bank. We had the little apartment in the front of the house and stayed for a week in September and found it a good base from which to discover the WONDERFUL city of New York!!! Lots of good restaurants close by for when you stagger home after full days of sightseeing!! Enjoy!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bandlh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I spent months trawling websites for somewhere to stay in New York and came across Dupuy's Landing on tripadvisor. It sounded like just the place I wanted to stay - close enough to get to all the sights but not right in the thick of things. It was everything I hoped it would be. Blaise couldn't have been more helpful with providing lots of useful information and meeting us when we first arrived. We were then were left alone but knew he was only a phone call away if we needed anything. We stayed in Room 1a which was at the front of the house. It had everything you needed. There was even a phone in the room which was great to receive calls from home on. We were close to the subway and bus routes and getting a cab was easy, although it was just as easy to walk to places too. I would highly recommend this place and would definitely go back myself. Thanks Blaise for making our trip one we will never forget.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank MsSazzle
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here with my husband and his brother & wife for 4 nights in September 2011. We had room B & C and shared a bathroom. The room's are at the back of the house and one of the rooms leads on to the garden. We also had use of the kitchen and it was a home from home. The owner, Blaise, couldn't have been more helpful. I can highly recommend this guest house and if I come to New York again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marysr
Caldwell, NJ
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I can't tell you how many hours I spent researching a place to stay in NYC. I wanted it in the Chelsea or mid-town area because I had early morning meetings. I wanted some place safe, especially since I was traveling with my son. And I wanted something CLEAN and quiet. Oh yes, I didn't want to spend a ton.

Dupuy's Landing guest house was all that and more.

By the way, I checked out AirBNB and other such places for rooms, but was put off by the tripadvisor reviewer admonitions because I guess these places are frowned upon, if legal at all.

Blaise, the host whose family owns the Dupuy building, was very nice. We stayed in room 1A, a huge room for NYC standards, for 2 nights. Check out the B&B website to see accurate photos. The queen bed was super comfortable, the towels plush, we had a tv with plenty of cable choices (made my son happy), a little fridge stocked with oj and organic milk, and wifi.

We had access to the garden in the back, though didn't have time to use it.

The neighborhood is beautiful. The street is very quiet. I know, as we got up early and walked up to the avenues which had plenty of street noise even at 6:00 a.m. The location is close to the 23rd street subway stop.

They have a list of local restaurant favorites though it's tough to choose with so many reasonably-priced options. We ended up eating in the heated courtyard at Pepe Giallo for good basic Italian fare, then had a fun dinner at Venezuelan El Cocotero on 18th St.

In sum: Just book Dupuy Landing!

Room Tip: Room 1A is large and in the front of the house but still quiet. Private bath. Large and comfy.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank LifesGood
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Three girlfriends stayed at Dupuy's for a week in August - loved it.

Location is perfect - Chelsea is a beautiful area, close to Meatpacking and SoHo (very short cab ride or a little bit of a walk). The subway is also just a couple of blocks away. You can basically walk everywhere (pack runners) and Chelsea felt like a good middle point between midtown and downtown.

The house is in a quiet street, we felt very safe and at home.

For the price, this is an absolute gem. We stayed in the room with ensuite, which was very spacious and included a double bed, day bed, bathroom, walk in closet, fridge and kitchen table. Perfect for a week long stay, with plenty of room to spread out.

Spotted Ethan Hawke at a cupcake shop a

Can't recommend Dupuy's highly enough.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank KateM1234
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We spent three nights in Dupuy's Landing Guest House, and it really eased our stay in New York. For us it was a perfect place to stay, and a great starting point to explore NY.

We were living in the room with private bathroom. Blaise, one of the owners was very helpful providing a baby bed for our 9 months old son. This room was spacious, clean and practical. The room was on the ground floor, but facing a calm street it was no problem. The other two rooms were not occupied at the time we were there, so we also had access to a beautiful garden (back yard). The garden was the perfect place to enjoy take away meals in the evenings when our son were sleeping. If you are not depending on a private bathroom, I would definitively go for the room with access to the garden.

Blaise was a good host, making our stay easy providing a very useful list of restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. And this neighborhood (Chelsea) had everything! Blaise was a bit slow responding to our booking request, but do not stop asking for a respond (use the phone). This place is worth staying in!

Room Tip: If you do not require a private bathroom, go for the room with access to the garden
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Pappa_traveller
Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Stayed here for 9 wonderful days in June. We opted for this property as we struggled to find a hotel that seemed good value for money (yes I know it's New York).

The Owners - Blaise was very helpful from all the emails sent before our arrival, until the moment we left. When we were in NYC, there was a 'heat wave' (although its normal for us) so Blaise installed an air conditioner in our room. He was always on hand to help.

The Apartment: We had apartment 1C which is a 1 bedroom / private bathroom downstairs. It had all the mod-cons of home and was a decent size. Certainly not claustraphobic. Even though we were downstairs, did not hear any noise from the above apartments. having said that, we did not see any other guests our entire stay.

The Location: Perfect. I think we just got lucky. Our 1st time to NYC we had no idea, but this place is in a great spot. It is close to the Subway (we didn't know at the time but you could get on the train and go all the way to JFK without changing trains). It is approx 5 mins away. We walked to Times Sq. a few times - and did'nt seem that far really (about 30 mins) and it is soooo close to the Hudson River and Chelsea Piers (sports center). There are plenty of resturants / supermarkets close by. Even a laundry less than a block away that washes your clothes for you (so cheap). The house itself is in a beautiful tree lined street - yet so close to the action.

I know now if we had've styed in a Hotel up near Times Square - we would've hated it. Nice to go see - but sooooooooo many people 24/7. It was nice returning 'home'.

Even found a Gym closeby that only charged us $30 for a month membership - No Contracts.

Our 1st time we didn't stay in a hotel and we Loved It. Would not stay anywhere else in NYC

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple