“Excellent choice for NYC getaway”

Comfort Inn Times Square West
Ranked #285 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We chose this hotel to take advantage of an off-season special price, and because of its central location for theatre, restaurants, etc. We were very pleased with everything, starting with the friendly and helpful staff at the desk, in the breakfast area and in housekeeping. The rooms aren't real large (this IS New York city!) and the lobby almost non-existant. But everything was immaculately clean and updated, and everything (TV, shower, etc.) worked well. Not much street noise either. The breakfast was one of the best I've seen in a Choice hotel. Eggs (cooked and hard-boiled), bacon, sausage, waffles, pastries, cereals. fruit, yogurt, and more. The breakfast area could be a bit crowded at times, but we always found seats and enjoyed a very full breakfast indeed. All of this, and especially the great staff, made this a perfect place for our winter getaway in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeeAlbany
sam k, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear LeeAlbany, WOW, WOW, WOW As always we love 5 STARS. It was perfect to take advantage of January rates. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, Hot Breakfast and central location. We are very proud of our entire staff for creating such a warm and hospitable experience. We look forward to serve you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here just before Christmas. We wanted something liveable but didn't want to spend a huge amount on accommodation as lets face it, its just a place to rest your head. We wanted to spend the money on doing the tourist stuff.

Well, all in all, this hotel was excellent for what we wanted. The hotel had mixed reviews but I am guessing that these are people expecting five star. Without a shadow of a doubt I would stay here again, without even looking at other hotels.

The location was perfect, just perfect. Just off the main road, so not too noisy. We even had a room at the back of the hotel. Yes, the view was poor but I would rather have that than road traffic. Although, the road wasn't busy at all.

Breakfast was nice, and getting downstairs at 8am we had no issues at all getting a table. 9am got a bit busier.

Yes, the rooms could do with a makeover but I tell you what they are exceptionally clean. The beds were very nice to sleep on.

Very polite reception and most helpful when I jammed my suitcase wheels in between the gap of the lift doors!

if you have booked this hotel you will be fine.

I really don't understand any negative reviews with this hotel. If you want top quality go and pay the money!!!

As I said, without question, if I was going to New York again I would just book this hotel without looking for others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Crooty

Dear Crooty, Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your stay at Comfort inn times square west. As always our location is unbeatable. We are glad to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We proudly say that we have maximum number of Breakfast seats compared to other hotels of our capacity. We are glad to hear that we will be your hotel choice for your future accommodations. Once again thanks very much from our entire team at Comfort inn Times Square West.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This tops my list of hotels I've stayed at in NYC. I stay in NYC 3-4 times a year and this was the first time I stayed at this location. First of all, it is centrally located and only a quick block to the subway, which was highly convenient. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are comparable, if not slightly larger in size, than other NYC hotels I've stayed at. The bed was extremely comfortable and a firm AND soft pillow were provided for guest preference. The hotel looked brand new (they opened in 2009, we asked) and the cleanliness was impeccable. I commented several times to my travel mate how clean everything looked, how fresh the linens smelled, and how shiny the floors were. The shower head was powerful and the water pressure was great (this may sound silly, but it's important for a woman!) The full breakfast in the morning was a bonus. They served hot options (bacon, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, etc.) along with cereals, pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. There was a variety of selections for everyone. Not only was the food really good, but having a provided breakfast each morning really cut down on the food spending in the city (and that can get costly!) They also had hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate packets available in the lobby at all times, which really helped with the caffeine fix I needed throughout the day. I usually don't write reviews, but I was highly impressed with my stay and I will make it a point to return to this hotel each time I stay in the city!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melanie N

Dear Melanie N, WOW. We love the 5 STARS. Thanks so much for a wonderfull review. Our location is one of the best we can cliaim near Theatres, Timesquare and right in Hells kitchen. I will share this detail review with all our staff responsible to create such experience for our guests. We love to serve you back again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is our second time staying here, and we will be back. The entire hotel is always spotless...rooms and public areas. The staff is wonderful and helpful, always at the front desk greeting guests with a smile. Also, the location is fantastic for attending Broadway shows and trying all of the wonderful restaurants in Hell's Kitchen. It's in a safe area with great access to the subway just a block away. Since it isn't right on a main street, it is very quiet. The only downside is the room size, but for two people it isn't a problem. We have even stayed here with four people, and while crowded, it was ok for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel2

Dear Rachel2, Thanks for sharing such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. This review will help all future guests looking for valuable accommodations around Times square and in hells kitchen. We are glad to know that, you enjoyed our hotel is your choice for your future lodging needs and we look forward to welcome you back. On behalf of my wonderfull team we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great location within walking distance of everything Times Square has to offer. The breakfast was a great little extra and made us get up to the make the most of our days sightseeing. We visited the bar across the street called Black Mouse Salloon (i think) and it was good for a few drinks and a game of pool before heading out for the night. We visited in February & our room was warm & clean. Would visit this hotel again if price remained cheap!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EmmaVC
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Breakfast was good and free.. Rooms were basic but comfortable. Friendly staff. Would recommend to friends. A steal considering its 5 mins away from Times Square and all the broadway shows . Plus Shake Shack is just in the corner!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ariel V
Reviewed 4 January 2014

What a nice surprise. I must say that my room was very very nice,the bed was super comfy & their are blackout curtains so one can sleep in. The cleaning staff are amazing & the hotel is extremely clean.
The breakfast was wonderful-they have everything including "fresh" fruit and of course coffee & tea all day.
The staff are very helpful & strive to make your stay a pleasant one-thank you Vibnuti & Sunira and to Anish & Sam. They go above & beyond-I'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank pattysuemontreal
sam k, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Pattysuemontreal, This is an Amazing Review. We are delighted to see that you complimented each one of our staff and definitely share this with rest of our team responsible in creating such wonderful experience at our hotel. Your personal compliments are very encouraging for my collegues and we all wanted to thank you for your valuable time to post this review and help many guests trying to find accommodations near Times Square. We look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Inn times square on your next trip to NYC.