“Perfect location”

Comfort Inn Times Square West
Ranked #265 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 March 2014

1.5 blocks from Times Square, close to the Theatre District, metro/subway stops, shopping and eateries all over.

Staff were all friendly.., Anish, Ajay, Nimra, Ranesh. Our room was on the ground floor, no view to speak of but that was not a problem. It was right past the elevator, quiet and there were no noise issues either at peak breakfast or the other times we were in the room. Had a problem with the non-cooling fridge (used their's as a backup) and hope it was resolved after we checked out. Breakfast was OK, tea/coffee/cocoa/juice, pastries, bread, cereal, fruits, waffles, eggs, sausages/bacon, yoghurt.

Loved the choc-chip cookies at the reception counter. Our stay was around the time of the snow storms, it was super cold and was glad to know that you could have a hot drink (coffee/cocoa/tea) in the evening to heat up if you need one. Nice plus!!

Definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a perfect location & is clean, cosy & comfortable & had everything we needed. If your looking for a central base from which to enjoy everything New York has to offer this is perfect. I can also recommend the New York beer company which is on the same street & Westway Diner round the corner on 9th Avenue

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TriciaL77
Reviewed 20 March 2014

You can't get anymore conviente to the Theater district for under $350.00 a night than this Comfort Inn. Just one block away Time Square. The have parking right across the street so it's easy and conviente too drive as well as mass transit. Full well stocked continental breakfast with coffee 24/7. Everything is within walking distance. I would stay here again and again. The GM even gave me his email and phone # and said just let me know when you will be returning and he would take care of me. They will do all they can to make your stay comfortable and appreciated. They know there are plenty of other hotels you can stay. They want to make sure you come back to them.That makes all the difference in the world.

Room Tip: You can be your own judge. You know about staying away from stairs, elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Larry R
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was able to check in early, and then able to move to the first floor as I requested. Customer service much improved from my last review. Breakfast is very good, great variety of food items changing from bacon one day to sausage the next, waffles always available.
Rooms are spacious and nice, refrigerator in each room is a definite plus!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Our greeting was great, took us not too long until we went into our rooms. The hotel gave free cookies. XD sweet of them. I found break very nice and was full everyday! It's a continental breakfast and there was a wide range of choice from waffle to bread to yogurt to hot food.

We had 4 people all together in one room, the walking space is limited but what can I say. I was with my friend and that was all that mattered. It was very fun and comfortable beds! Recommend :)

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jilla R
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Let me start by saying I am a member of Choice Hotels and it was a bad choice that I stayed here. The hotel STINKS LIKE B.O. but that was just the least of my worries as when I went to check out (very early mind you as I am an emergency personnel responder and had to get back to work) I got later got numerous harassing phone calls from the hotel and the GM accusing me of not paying for my room. The GM Sam had the nerve to call me from his personal cell while he was home (which is very unprofessional). He was rude and yelling as I tried to explain to him that the charge was already on my account! I WILL NEVER STAY NOR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. My complaints went to Choice Hotels customer service which I think is the reason why I did not get my usual survey through email asking how my stay was.

By the way, I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Virginia Beach just the week before and everything was perfect :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank K R
sam k, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review and experience at comfort inn 44. We apologize for the inconvenience . I did follow up on this issue and it was resolved on the same day. It was a follow up from the front desk and not a threat for the payment issue. It was escalated to me after several attemps to explain the situation and lack of cooperation from your end. Since i was not present at the hotel, i used my phone to contact you and resolved the issue in a timely manner which is insanely described in the review.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel has everything you could want. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room that we had ( 309 ) was extremely quiet. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very clean,& they provide you with more than enough towels. The breakfast was great. Coffee, tea, cocoa, juice, waffles, bacon, eggs, cereal, muffins, croissants, pastries, oatmeal. As you can see, it is a very filling breakfast. They add some nice touches such as giving you a choice of blueberry or regular waffles, for your coffee you have a choice of cream, hazelnut cream, 2% milk and skim milk. At the check in desk they have chocolate chip cookies. They have a few different racks with brochures & discounts to attractions. They have great security that you can see on the tv monitor at check-in. The hotel is located within walking distance to the bus terminal, the train station & Jacob Javits Center (which was where we went for a travel show.) It is about a block from one of the main drags in NY. We stayed out late & felt very safe walking back to this hotel. In the future this is the hotel we will stay in when we come to NY. All in all, we think the owners did a great job by making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple