“Did I stay where bedbug stayed?????”

Comfort Inn Times Square West
Ranked #287 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 December 2010

The location was great...we walked everywhere in the frigid weather of the past few days. The people at the desk where great...the little lady at breakfast was beyond terrific. I never expect a huge rooom in the City but I do expect a great location...and we got it there. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We even played UNO in the lobby one night and were blessed to great people on their way into the hotel!!!!! I have the feeling that t he people who write negative reviews are just negative people! And there are NO bedbugs!

1  Thank JoAnn0265
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 10 December 2010

As usual, the reviews on Tripadvisor did not disappoint me! This hotel was great. Everything from the location - near Times Square, the theatres, and shopping - to the staff to the price was great. It was very clean and no evidence of the dreaded NYC bedbugs! I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my elderly mother and my teenage daughter. The room was a bit small, but for NYC it was actually a little roomier than what I had expected. I have stayed in hotels in Wash DC and London that were smaller than this and more expensive. The attendants at the desk and the housekeeping staff were all very friendly and helpful. The free hotel breakfasts don't really excite me much in general so my comments on this are probably not very helpful. They did offer hard boiled eggs, sausages, waffles, cereals, yogurt etc. We appreciated it as the price of food in NYC is outrageous and this did provide some nourishment without added cost! None of the other Times Square hotels we have stayed in have offered a breakfast. The high speed internet actually worked and really was high speed! I recommend this hotel without reservation.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MJUtah
Reviewed 9 December 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel from December 2nd through 5th, and had an amazing stay. Rooms were very clean, and you can tell that this is still a "new" hotel. The bathroom was a little small, especially with me being a bigger guy, but it did the job. Bed was comfortable, and with walking around NYC all day, you are going to want a comfortable place to sleep. One drawback though is that the curtains don't close, so if you are used to a pitch black room, you won't get that here. Free wifi was great! The breakfast in the morning was an added bonus, and tasted quite good. The staff was outstanding. Always ready to help if needed. For the price you pay, you can't beat the location. Two blocks to the Times Square subway station. Phantom of the Opera is on the same street as the hotel, along with a few other theaters. I would definitely stay here again the next time I visit NYC.

1  Thank mtgrad06
Reviewed 8 December 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a quick shopping trip to NYC. Eventhough this is just a 2 star hotel I felt like it was a 5 star for the wonderful treatment we received. The workers at the hotel were extremely accomodating. The location was convenient. Yes, the rooms were small but they were very clean. The breakfast every morning was more than a continental breakfast. It was nice not worrying about going out for breakfast. The location was conveniently located to the Theaters and not far from Times Square which made it nice at night. It is also not far from "Hells Kitchen" which gave a wide variety of eating places. I would highly recommend this hote and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I just returned from a stay at the Comfort Inn Theater District in NY. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff and the accomodations. This hotel is new, clean, and within a two block radius of a subway station.

Continental breakfast was provided each morning and was more than adequate. They had pastries, a hot breakfast bar, good coffee, and make your own waffles.

The rooms were small, and some of my family had only showers instead of full baths, but for our purposes, they were more than adequate. My only complaint, and this is not a fault of the hotel, was that I was on the third floor and could hear the street traffic. This was solved with some earplugs and a Benadryl and then I was able to sleep soundly.

The location plus the price with the free breakfast made this a real value of a hotel. Add the fact that the staff were so nice and accomodating led us to having a wonderful stay. I really recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 3 December 2010

Enough said. I actually got a room in the morning after a redeye with the plan to grab a couple hours sleep and a shower, then check out for afternoon meetings.

At first, I was happy, seemed clean enough, and certainly cheap at $164. But when I went to take a shower, there were hairs in the tub that were not mine. Noticed stains on the ceiling. And then, a bit skeeved, I remembered that major bedbug problem going on in NYC.

went out, pulled back the sheets, and sure enough, first thing I saw was a bug, crawling next to the pillow I had just been sleeping on!!! NASTY!

So now, I'm contaminated. All my clothes, my luggage, my briefcase, all suspect. Can't bring them into my house for fear of spreading them there,.

AVOID THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank mbonheim
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This property is in the heart of the Times Square and theater district of New York City. It's location is SENSATIONAL!! It's one and two thirds blocks from Times Square, and one third of a block from restaurant row on 8th avenue. And given it's location, it's rate is doubly SENSATIONAL!! I stayed at this property while in town for the NYC Marathon. The rate per night was $159 for a one bed (queen size) room!!! But buyer beware. If you're the kind to complain a lot about things, like street noise and small rooms, you will want to book a room down the street at the Hotel Inter-Continental for $534 per night or elsewhere near Times Square for $400-$500. Yes, $159 vs. $534. Don't misunderstand. Your chances of getting a small room or a street noisy room are only about 30%. That means you have a 70% chance of being very, very happy. The rooms on the lower level, on the street side, can be affected by street noise, and on each floor there is one room ( numbered 209, 309, 409, etc) that is 40% smaller than other one bed rooms priced at $159. I got room #509. (The morning desk clerk didn't seem to understand why I thought it was unfair to charge the same rate for a room that was 40% smaller.) Bottom line, other than location than price: The room was clean. The continental breakfast was better than average. I got a decent nights sleep, and I had a GREAT time in the Big Apple!! But buyer beware! Know what you are getting. Would l recommend this property? For location and price, and despite the drawbacks, ABSOLUTELY!!! Want to complain? OK, stay at the Inter-Continental. From one traveler to another: I LOVE the Big Apple! This property won't spoil that. After all, what are you in town for? The hotel room? Have a great time!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family