“Nothing to complain about here”

Comfort Inn Times Square West
Ranked #249 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to complain about here”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed here with 5 of my friends for 4 nights in November 2010.

HOTEL: Location is perfect as it is right on Times Square.
Check in was fine and fast. Friendly staff. There were 7 floors and we were on the 7th floor which was not a problem as the lift worked fine.

ROOMS: The rooms are not that big but big enough. All you need is a bed and bathroom your not there to stay in the room all holiday. there were 2 double beds which were fine and no bed bugs (dont know what people are on about) and a bathroom and a wardrobe, also a tv and telephone. The maids came and changed the towels every day and to do the general cleaning. Was all fine.

BREAKFAST: This was served from 6.30 (i think) to 10.30 it was fine. Had a variety of cereal in the little cereal boxes, toast, waffels, some cakes and crossiants, eggs bacon and sausages, fruit and youghurts tea and coffee and orange and apple juices. The only problem is the breakfast area is quite small so try get there early around 8 to get a seat but you can always take your breakfast back to your rooms.

I would recommend this hotel to others - i was a bit worried at first after reading about bed bugs etc and i cannot stand bugs and dirt but this hotel was absolutley fine and i would stay here again. it is right near times square which was perfect. We were out from 8.30-midnight everyday anyway to make the most of seeing new york. We didnt need 5star hotels as there is no point paying that money if your never there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, IN. USA
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Stayed 3 days and was very pleased. The reviews are on target. Judging from the emergency escape map my room (409) was the smallest on the floor, but it was OK for one and possibly for two. It was spotless. The bath was small with shower only, but nice fixtures including granite countertop around the sink. The toilet was even one of those "Toto" models with the slow, self-closing seat. The housekeeping was fine and timely. I had no problem finding a table for breakfast, even though this was the busy Christmas season. The pleasant lady there even made my waffle for me! Nice flat-screen TV with lots of channels. The room even had a small frig. My AARP rate was about $231/night - which at this time of year was good. One block to the east is Sardi's. My theatre for "Memphis" was also just down 44th. The 42nd St. subway was 5 minutes away. Great area...almost directly across from the InterContinental Hotel - and the Westin is right around the corner. Great for catching a cab! Restaurants are EVERYWHERE. The food court around the corner on 8th was handy...also the "Shake Shack." Free computer with Internet in lobby - nice for printing my boarding pass. Only negative - one slow elavator for a hotel of this size...and I've seen faster ones in hospitals! Would I go back though? Absolutely. Also thanks to the nice folks behind the desk (that was a great subway map you gave me.)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Dunkirk, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2010

The location was great...we walked everywhere in the frigid weather of the past few days. The people at the desk where great...the little lady at breakfast was beyond terrific. I never expect a huge rooom in the City but I do expect a great location...and we got it there. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We even played UNO in the lobby one night and were blessed to great people on their way into the hotel!!!!! I have the feeling that t he people who write negative reviews are just negative people! And there are NO bedbugs!

1 Thank JoAnn0265
Utah
Reviewed 10 December 2010

As usual, the reviews on Tripadvisor did not disappoint me! This hotel was great. Everything from the location - near Times Square, the theatres, and shopping - to the staff to the price was great. It was very clean and no evidence of the dreaded NYC bedbugs! I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my elderly mother and my teenage daughter. The room was a bit small, but for NYC it was actually a little roomier than what I had expected. I have stayed in hotels in Wash DC and London that were smaller than this and more expensive. The attendants at the desk and the housekeeping staff were all very friendly and helpful. The free hotel breakfasts don't really excite me much in general so my comments on this are probably not very helpful. They did offer hard boiled eggs, sausages, waffles, cereals, yogurt etc. We appreciated it as the price of food in NYC is outrageous and this did provide some nourishment without added cost! None of the other Times Square hotels we have stayed in have offered a breakfast. The high speed internet actually worked and really was high speed! I recommend this hotel without reservation.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MJUtah
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 December 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel from December 2nd through 5th, and had an amazing stay. Rooms were very clean, and you can tell that this is still a "new" hotel. The bathroom was a little small, especially with me being a bigger guy, but it did the job. Bed was comfortable, and with walking around NYC all day, you are going to want a comfortable place to sleep. One drawback though is that the curtains don't close, so if you are used to a pitch black room, you won't get that here. Free wifi was great! The breakfast in the morning was an added bonus, and tasted quite good. The staff was outstanding. Always ready to help if needed. For the price you pay, you can't beat the location. Two blocks to the Times Square subway station. Phantom of the Opera is on the same street as the hotel, along with a few other theaters. I would definitely stay here again the next time I visit NYC.

1 Thank mtgrad06
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 December 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a quick shopping trip to NYC. Eventhough this is just a 2 star hotel I felt like it was a 5 star for the wonderful treatment we received. The workers at the hotel were extremely accomodating. The location was convenient. Yes, the rooms were small but they were very clean. The breakfast every morning was more than a continental breakfast. It was nice not worrying about going out for breakfast. The location was conveniently located to the Theaters and not far from Times Square which made it nice at night. It is also not far from "Hells Kitchen" which gave a wide variety of eating places. I would highly recommend this hote and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I just returned from a stay at the Comfort Inn Theater District in NY. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff and the accomodations. This hotel is new, clean, and within a two block radius of a subway station.

Continental breakfast was provided each morning and was more than adequate. They had pastries, a hot breakfast bar, good coffee, and make your own waffles.

The rooms were small, and some of my family had only showers instead of full baths, but for our purposes, they were more than adequate. My only complaint, and this is not a fault of the hotel, was that I was on the third floor and could hear the street traffic. This was solved with some earplugs and a Benadryl and then I was able to sleep soundly.

The location plus the price with the free breakfast made this a real value of a hotel. Add the fact that the staff were so nice and accomodating led us to having a wonderful stay. I really recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.