“Really hard to find fault”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #117 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 March 2011

A great modern hotel with friendly and professional staff.

Would recommend to anyone.
Great for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Andaz Wall Street

Reviewed 17 March 2011

The staff is friendly, efficient and helpful, the rooms well appointed, very comfortable and quiet, amenities of highest quality. But what makes the stay at the Hyatt Andaz on Wall Street so remarkable are all the extras that guests can avail themselves of without additional cost – from the non-alcoholic beverages and snacks in the room to – and this was what really made my mornings – a coffee bar that serves excellently prepared coffee drinks of your choice (cappuccino, espresso, latte, whatever type is your favorite). There are some baked goods to accompany your breakfast coffee, the entire hotel has free wi-fi, and comfortable sitting areas abound. After being nickel and dimed in so many hotels (I am talking to you Marriott), it was really nice to be treated with such hospitality in this hotel. I believe the future of hospitality in fine hotels is exemplified in the New York Andaz. I will be back.

While I did not have a chance to eat in the restaurant, the menu looked interesting, with fair prices.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2011

My stay at Andaz Wall St. was for the occasion of my birthday. When I arrived on Friday, the lobby was fairly empty save the concierge who promptly checked me in. I had requested and early check-in and they were able to accomodate me. Also, when I checked in, I was given a 20% discount voucher for the hotel spa. This was fantastic since I had booked two treatments with the spa the day prior.

The guest room (The Large King Room) was fantastic. Definitely on the larger side of what you see in NYC. Very well appointed room with wonderul amenities such as free snacks and non-alc drinks in the minibar. The detail that I cannot talk about enough is the bathroom in the room. The shower was luxurious and very large and the tub was definitely made for two. The room is definitely more suited towards romantic travelers as the bathtub overlooks the bedroom thru a double window.

Prior to my spa visit, I requested that the concierge assist me in getting tickets for an off-broadway show for that evening. The concierge was very polite and had tickets for me in only a few moments.

My visit to the spa was quite possibly the best spa experience I've ever had. Micheal was fantastic, professional and very attentive to my comfort level. I absolutely recommend that anyone who has the time stop by.

We ordered room service for breakfast and it arrived at precisely the time we had requested, All of the food was delicious and hot as well as very well presented. I love that the hotel uses all locally sourced food.

That evening, we opted for dining at Wall & Water, the hotel's restaurant. This is where the hotel goes from Excellent to Very Good. Wall & Water is a wonderful concept with mediocre execution. IMO its a nice restaurant with uninpsired culinary talent. What the menu says you get, you get and nothing more. I selected the braised short ribs with blue cheese sweet potato and cranberries. The beef was cooked to perfection, though very light on flavor. And the sweet potato had no seasoning whatsoever. At over $100 for two people, this place is definitely lucky to be attached to such a wonderful hotel.

I would absolutely recommend staying at Andaz Wall St. ON THE WEEKENDS. The rates for weekends are about half of the normal rate. You will pay more in cab fares because youre quite a ways from most things, but the room is 5 star.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryan4kodak
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We had a great night at the Andaz - everything far exceeded our expectations.

Our stay at the Andaz was wonderful. Th staff was warm and helfpful. The room (a large king) was huge by NY standards - We loved the large rainfall shower and complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Complimentary wine from 6-8 was a great way to relax before dinner.

My massage at the spa was wonderful. The personal service was above and beyond.

We are "foodies" and were blown away by the tasting menu and brunch at Wall and Water. There is no dobut that we will be going back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My girlfriend and I live in NYC and decided to stay at the Andaz from Saturday to Sunday. We were greeted by a very friendly staff at check-in. They offered us a water or tea as they checked us in. We stayed in an Andaz King that was very spacious. The automatic lighting system, rainfall shower and complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages were fantastic amenities. We enjoyed wine and cheese that evening in the relaxing lobby/lounge area and had a great brunch the next morning at the "Wall and Water" restaurant. It was clear the staff goes out of their way to make their guests' stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crescidp
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I can't find fault with anything! Well done Andaz! I've stayed at the Andaz on Sunset Strip (LA) and had a great experience there. This is even better.

The check-in was casual and fast with helpful, friendly staff. The building is a superb piece of modern design with high ceilings and a minimalist sensibility. All the usual Andaz touches were in place... free drinks in the lobby, a trendy and interesting bar, free mini-bar contents (not alcohol) and free wireless.

My room was probably the best New York city room I've stayed in for anything close to this price (under $200). High ceilings, a huge amount of space for Manhattan, amazingly quiet, a great comfortable bed, ultra modern and flawlessly designed furnishings. The bathroom was superb with a powerful ceiling mounted shower head in its own "shower room". The lighting is particularly well thought out, offering atmosphere and style to the whole room. The best touch of all -- a button that electronically opens or closes the blinds - with the option of total blackout or a lighter curtain that lets in sunlight.

I loved being on Wall Street and walking distance from subways and lots of history and great restaurants. The guest services agent was helpful and gave me advice on where to get lunch one afternoon.

I had a tour of the spa and wish I'd had time to use it - the staff were friendly and I liked the services on offer.

This really is a first rate hotel and I don't think you can find a better deal in Manhattan for the kind of rates I paid.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank WhiteGatesNewYork
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We booked a double room (two double beds) for a week's holiday with two adults and two children aged 8 and 10. The room was a good size; bigger than your typical 4 star double room and therefore huge by Manhattan hotel standards.

Service at the hotel was absolutely great. We were checked in within minutes despite arriving at 10:00pm on a Saturday night. The lobby was a geniunely nice place to spend time, with free snacks and drinks and comfortable seating. The kids felt at home and relaxed and were treated courteously by the hotel staff.

Free wi-fi throughout the hotel worked like a charm, unlike other establishments where you have to pay for wi-fi and spend 20 minutes on the phone trying to get it working. Even minor issues were dealt with well, e.g. the first night there were only two sets of towels in the room, and I was expecting to have to call down and ask for more, but when we returned to the room the next day extra towels had been left without even having to ask.

We really liked the stylish but understated decor including black tiled bathroom, dark wood floor with a rug around the bed area. The Andaz has a 'boutique hotel' designer feel minus the 'look at us we're crazy' vibe you get in other hotels that are just trying too hard to be different.

The beds were firm yet comfortable, and the motorized blackout blind meant we were able to sleep well in to rush-hour (8:30am most days) without being disturbed. The bathroom was great - fantastic rainfall shower and none of the water leaking problems reported by other reviewers.

The room is generally very well thought out with simple 'scene setting' lighting controls for "work', "relaxaton" and "nightlight" plus plenty of spare power sockets - no crawling under tables to unplug lamps so you can charge your laptop/moble phone/Nintendo, etc. A huge flat screen TV and iPod dock rounded things off perfectly.

The only minor issue was a lack of storage space for clothing and luggage. It was more than adequate for an individual making a short business trip but not for a family of four staying for a week - perhaps unsurprising given the Wall Street location and the main demographic of the guests, although we did see a number of other families in the lobby during our stay.

The Wall Street location proved to be the ideal base with very little traffic noise making for good night's sleep. There is a wide selection of places to eat nearby, everything from delis through mid-priced family-friendly restaurants to upmarket venues.

With several subway lines are just around the corner from the hotel, we were able to get to the more conventional mid-town tourist locations quickly. You can be in the heart of Times Square in less than 20 minutes, and we often made a mid-afternoon trip back to the hotel for a break before heading out again.

Wall Street is close to many attractions; walking distance to the Statue of Liberty Ferry, Staten Island Ferry, South Street Seaport (with shoppiing, restaurants, old ships and views of Brooklyn and the bridget) plus several smaller museums. You could easily spend a couple of days in the local area doing tourist things without getting in a taxi or taking the subway.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Andaz as a great place to stay for business or leisure, and we'll certainly be back the next time we visit New York. The kids rated it 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family