“Very impressive stay in the hotel”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #117 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Great room and service. Me and my wife stayed in the hotel for our honeymoon trip. The hotel had a great location and it is the walking distance to the world famous Wall Street with the intrest of US stock market, the Washington Memorial Hall, the ferry to the statue of liberty and the subway station. Personallized check-in process in the lobby with free drinks and the manager on duty welcomed us and congratulates or honeymoon. All of these shows that within the Andaz brand hotels, there is a very good communication system of recognizing the guest's special venue and other preferences (we also stayed in Andaz West Hollywood in LA and treated as the same). The room was perfectly appointed with free high speed internet and minibar as a plus. We had a very nice shower which was very important after a tired day of tour.

In general, we really enjoyed the stay and appriciated for your great service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffinbeijing
There are newer reviews for Andaz Wall Street

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Let's just start with The fact that I am so impressed I Am writing the review before I have Even finished the holiday, I Am that confident in this place!
The Andaz was recommended to me by a friend and what a recommendation. The welcome by the hosts is friendly, courteous and deficient, all the staff are knowledgeable and happy to help with anything, they all provide all services. The lobby is immense, beautiful and welcoming, The free tea, coffee, fruit and biscuits is a nice touch. The rooms... well the rooms ..... big especially by nyc standards - we have stayed in three others in nyc including a much more expensive hotel and this is the biggest. The decor is clean modern tasteful and beautiful. The tv is massive, the electric black out blind and different light settings are a very nice touch.
As for the bathroom well.... no bath but who cares! It's sleek, spotless and has a shower bigger than my own bathroom! The location is good, quiet, very little passing traffic and very near stone itsedt with several good restaurants and bars. The south st sea post is a few minutes wall and there's a very nice duane read over the road for supplies. The gym is well stocked and air conditioned, room service not too expensive for nyc either.
I really cannot fault this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010
3  Thank crackers123
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Great Room. Very modern and classy
Location right on Wall Street
Free minibar except alcohol. Yes- free chocolates and coke
Free wine and cheese in the evening at the lobby - really happening
Bathrooms are very modern and stylish, but a little impractical, though nothing to complain

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank arjungupta101
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I was in NYC for a couple nights before heading over to Asia. I stayed at the 5th Ave Andaz property new years eve and wanted to see how this one was. Plus it was significantly less than the 5th Ave. property. I took the redeye from LAX to JFK and got to the hotel probably around 7AM. Staff told me that there were no rooms available but would call me the minute my room was ready and that was great as most places I've gone to when rooms weren't available made me wait in the lobby. They held my bags while I went out to get some breakfast and get some work done and would make up a room as soon as housekeeping staff started their shift. I got the call at 9 AM saying my room was ready and headed over. I got the room with two double beds since I had a couple friends staying with me. The room was a good size for NYC and the bathroom was a good size also. The beds were large and comfortable. Unfortunately my TV didn't work when I first got into the room but someone came up quickly and took care of it. Like the 5th Ave Andaz, the snacks and non alcoholic beverages were free which is something no other hotel chains provide except for the Andaz. The location of the hotel isn't the best for action in the city but it is nice and quiet. The fitness center is open 24 hours and has a good amount of machines. Whenever I went I was the only one there which was nice. The subway stations are about a couple blocks away. If you have luggage take a cab. There are some fast food joints near the hotel, a Duane Reade, and Starbucks. The entrane is kind of confusing since I tihnk the building is half the Andaz and the other half closer to the corner of Water St and Wall St to be residences. Look for the white part of the building and you will be at the Andaz. It is also walking distance to Chinatown so there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance. I would definately stay at the Andaz Wall St. again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank EarnyinLA
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Great location, on the corner of Water and Wall Streets. Andaz is a bit of a new concept in Good hotels I think, and I like it! I love that the lobby area is full of lounges where all the guests can mingle and all the reception staff are so friendly and attentive. Complimentary coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening is a very nice touch too. The rooms were big and very modern, and I enjoyed having a long hot soak in the bath while watching TV. The toiletries from Bigelow are so good, I wish I could have had more! The bed was huge, but a bit too hard for my liking. Complimentary minibar and wifi is a very welcome change in a 5 star hotel. Too often you pay a lot of money to stay somewhere nice and then find yourself paying a premium for basics like internet and bottled water, once you get there. Not at Andaz, and that's the way I think it should be!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I rarely visit NYC for business, but I was glad I stumbled on the Andaz (a Hyatt property) for my recent trip. I selected the location because it is close to the Battery Place office I was visiting. You will love this hotel if you like a more modern, mid-minimalist style with great customer service. All of the staff were delightful and helpful during my stay. The lobby is designed to be a gathering spot rather than a transient meeting area, with complimentary snacks and coffee, water and tea available to guests. Additional food is available for purchase. I stayed in one of the large king rooms (1410) that comes with a soaking tub. There are only two chairs in the room. One for relaxing, one at the desk. There is also a pull out padded bench. The free Wi-Fi was great. The room was large and comfortable for one and would probably work fine for two as long as someone was always sitting on the bed. There is a large flat screen TV. The quality of the music from the radio alarm clock was poor. The soaking tub was the ideal fit for my 5'2" frame but deep enough to accomodate the bent knees of someone much taller. I liked the window into the room from the tub, others may not like the lack of privacy between the shower/tub room and the bedroom. The room is really one large space, thus the reference to the "loft style". The bedding is silky soft; the mattress firm and nothing like the Heavenly/Dream beds found in other chains. I prefer a softer bed but did not find this too hard. The black tile shower/tub room is sleek. Robes are provided. The rainfaill shower head a guilty pleasure. I don't understand the emphasis some hotels are putting on being "green" while wasting water, but it is hard not to enjoy the shower. I would fault the design for not providing enough light in the bathroom areas. With all that black tile etc. the space could use more light. I would also suggest leaving the glass doors that lead into the toilet area and the shower/tub room open so you don't bump into them like I did :). They really need a light in the "closet" which is a movable unit. They could also use more hangers. If you are someone who likes to unpack and use drawers you won't find any. There are cubbies though. The lack of light makes the application of make-up difficult in the bathroom area. You can take the small mirror and move it to the bedroom area where there is more light. I loved the automatically closing blackout shade, the main room lighting that could be automatically adjusted and the fact the rooms seemed very quiet. I sleep with ear plugs, but I didn't hear much from neighbors during waking hours. Breakfast came with my room rate and was excellent! The restaurant seems to attract some local business people and the bar was always lively. The fitness center is a decent size and provides reasonable equipment; ellipticals, treadmills, recumbent bicyclesl; LifeFitness equipments; free weights and a few resistance cords. Like many hotel fitness centers there are not many balls to use. Water, fruit and newspapers are complimentary. In contrast to the rooms, the elevators are like stepping into a beam of light...beam me up Scotty kind of feel. I loved being so close to the water and a subway station is nearby. There is a Duane Reader store across the street in case you forgot any toiletries etc. You get the feeling the staff would do anything for you, so don't hesitate to ask. It is a short walk to the Staten Island Ferry where you can take a regularly scheduled ferry trip to see the Statue of Liberty rather than wait in line for 3 hours to take the toursit trip to see the statue. As long as you don't care if you get off to see the Statue the round-trip ferry ride to Staten Island will leave you lots of time to do other fun things in New York.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank DonateLife
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I found this hotel by chance after extensive internet searches... very happy with the hotel, the staff and the room. Enjoyed touches like free internet and minibar. Wall st might not seem like the ideal location but it was actually convenient and only two blocks from subway. One of the most comfortable rooms I have seen in New York, especially good beds.

• Stayed: May 2011