“Excellent Value”

Ranked #118 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Great hotel, located about 2 minute walk from Wall Street subway, 10 min ride from Times Square. Really loved the location as it's away from all the madness but this can still be very easily reached. A cab from here to Times Sq will cost about $10-$15.

Very chilled check in and complimentary nibbles and non alcoholic drinks in the lobby all day. Happy hour every day from 18-20 with ALL drinks complimentary, to all guests.

Restaurant, spa and gym on site which I did not use.

Stayed in a Large King room which was fantastic and very spacious. Massive tub and a massive rainfall shower (seperate), beautiful contemporary design throughout. The minibar in the room is complimentary (apart from alcohol) and is filled every day (includes crisps, fruit juice, water, soft drinks and chocolate). Massive flatscreen TV, big work desk, robes and slippers, big comfy beds, ample lighting, roatating wardrobe, safe (free), wifi (free), heating/aircon all add to this beautiful hotel which I cannot reccommend enough. Definite favourite in NY.

Pleanty of dining options around the hotel and a pharmacy and a bank opposite.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lisabjork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I echo a lot of the reviews already here. The staff were friendly and professional without being 'in your face', nothing was too much trouble. Complimentary drinks and snacks in the room and the lobby, including complimentary wine at 6pm every night. Amazing breakfast, definitely worth the 'B and B' option. Large, modern and sleek room with everything I could have wanted. No bath but what the hell, the shower was ace anyway. Even the toiletries were gorgeous!! One minor thing to mention: we had read that the bar was a really good place to go, but it wasn't that happening when we went. However, we had some good cocktails there. Go stay!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hfp_murphy
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 7 June 2011

It was even better than i could imagine!!! The room was amazing and there are so many complementary things that you cant belive!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mpscherer
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We chose Andaz Wall Street because of its location and several praising comments we read here and on other sites. And yes, the hotel really is worth all the hype. Excellent location (in the corner of Wall and Water streets, lively by day and quiet by night), service, interior....everything was what you would expect from a 4-star hotel, and more.

We also liked the spacious (large, even) room, nice bathroom with dark walls and floor, wooden floors and tasty details. And the service: oh boy. The free minibar (excluding alcohol), excellent housekeeping and the smiling and friendly personnel make you feel like a king here. They also offer a free cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening and some small snacks in the lobby. A great way to start (and finish) a day in NYC. I can only recommend the hotel to everyone seeking a little luxury to their vacation!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank not_blufFINg
Dubai
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights when in town to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were initially hesitant about staying so far downtown as we imagined it might feel rather far away from all the action but that couldn't be further from the truth. The area was vibrant and bustling and we didn't feel isolated at all - plus it's just a quick cab ride to the "cooler" districts (Meatpacking, Tribeca, Soho, Central Park etc).

Our first impression on entering was good - even though the lobby was busy with people enjoying the free wine tasting (yes, free wine tasting) a very friendly staff member spotted us immediately and came over to check us in - hassle free. Before we knew it we were on our way up to our room. (Incidentally, the hotel offers free coffee and muffins/cookies every morning - and not just American coffee but cappuccinos, lattes etc - YUM!)

We'd booked an Andaz Large King room and we were super-pleasantly surprised to find that it was even more spacious than the photos on the website (a virtual miracle, and especially in NYC). Not only that, everything seemed very new and very clean and I just loved the minimal detailing and furniture (I hate fussiness in a hotel room which is why I rarely stay in them). In fact the room was of a standard which I've come to expect of a much more expensively priced hotel - the Andaz really is incredible value.

The bed was nice and firm (just the way I like it) and the linens were wonderful and silky, and even more importantly, super clean. My husband and I like to be woken up by natural light so we didn't use them but the room is equipped with black out curtains - great for those who like to sleep in.

The bathroom was a bit unusual in that the shower and bath were in a separate recess to the sink and toilet - but that wasn't a problem. The rain shower was enormous and a real delight to stand under at the end of each busy day. The big roman bath looked very inviting but unfortunately on this occasion we couldn't find the time to soak in it - perhaps next time. The bath products were all of the highest quality. Perhaps the only bad thing I will say about the entire room relates to the lighting in the bathroom over the vanity. A few other reviewers have said the same thing and I heartily agree that while the dim lighting is very groovy, it really doesn't help when trying to actually see anything. When attempting to apply make up, I honestly couldn't see anything and in the end had to use the full length wardrobe mirror in the bedroom. A minor problem, but also a pretty minor fix - and if so many people are complaining about it, perhaps management might decide to do something about it.

A few people have complained about the "cube" wardrobe. I don't understand why - sure it seems a bit gimicky, but in fact, I think it's a great space saver. Spin it round and use what you need - minibar (complimentary everything except booze - amazing!), cupboard (ample space and hangers) and a mirror (full length - a luxury these days!).

The iPod dock was another great feature of the room as was the fast, reliable, free wi-fi.

We didn't eat at the hotel but we did have a few pre-dinner drinks at the bar and we really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks (with a very good selection) and friendly staff.

Finally, I'd just like to add how happy I was with the services of the "engineering" department. Yep! Unpacking after our 15 hour flight I discovered that one of the little heel tips from the bottom of my stilettos had become loose. I called reception half an hour before we were due to leave for my friend's birthday dinner and asked if they had some super glue - instead they sent up an engineer who cheerfully took my shoe away, repaired it in twenty minutes and AND spot painted it black so that it wouldn't look unsightly. Above and beyond the call of duty - THAT is called service and, in a way, that is exemplary of what you can expect when you stay at Andaz Wall Street. Next time I'm in New York and need a hotel room, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else - and neither should you.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BurjBetty
Norwich
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This place is good, really good. Very modern layout, very comfortable, and lovely rooms.
The staff are just amazing, they treat as if you were Royalty. When you arrive you are provided with a drink and after a short, very informal, check in process you are escorted to your room. I was impressed that the member of staff that accompanies you actually carries your cases and then doesn't look for a tip in return.
The rooms are just superb. There is a panel beside the bed which allows you to control various lighting options together with the large blackout blinds. How good is that? I had hours of fun making the blinds go up and down and switching the lighting around. It was worth the fee for that alone!!
The hotel is located in a mainly business area which means that a lot of the nearby restaurants are closed out of office hours, however we managed to find enough choice to keep us going for a few days.
The Andaz may cost you a little more but believe me it's worth every penny.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Graham3019
California
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Andaz Wall Street and were completely impressed. The hotel has clean lines and an overall sleek feeling that is not overdone and works well. The room was large with high ceilings, a spacious bathroom with private toilet area and separate shower and bath tub. The bed was separate from the living area and the room boasted two televisions. Beautiful cabinets concealed teh safe and the mini-bar and the closests. Very nice and well thought-out artwork added to a unique experience.

When we checked in Adam was amzingly helpful and continued to be so throughout our visit - We appreciated the fact that he would give us suggestions and even not reccomend a resteraunt that we were considering. In fact, then entire staff is professional and friendly. The food was very good with exceptional diamond benefits and even the mini-bar was complimentary (except alcoholic beverages).

A definite place to stay while in New York.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple