“Loved the location”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #117 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We were in NYC for a family function and stayed at the Andaz for 10 nights at the end of August. The hotel had not been organised by me so I did not know what to expect, but couldn't have been happier. The hotel is very modern and the staff were fantastic. Our stay coincided with Hurricane Irene and on our arrival we were notified of the hotel evacuation the next morning. The staff had organised that we stay at the Grand Hyatt for two nights - the transfer was seamless - and on return we were upgraded to a superior room for the inconvenience! The rooms are stocked daily with snacks and drinks, all free, and in the lobby there are free breakfast muffins & coffee in the morning and then vino come the afternoon - a very nice welcome back after a day out sightseeing. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dewey015

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I've now stayed at this property a number of times on business trips to NYC.
I love the relaxed, unconventional check-in area, friendly staff, the coffee and breakfast zone located in the lobby.
The rooms are comfortable, impeccably cleaned, the mini bar is stocked with free munchies and drinks. Overall a great expericence!
I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Although I stayed in this hotel I still have great memories. The hotel has a nice modern feel to it and our bedroom was a nice space. The first room wasn't well cleaned but the staff on reception was happy to move us to a different room. I liked the fact that all non alcoholic drinks are free! So that I wouldn't be charged I asked for the alcoholic drinks to be taking away but in the end we were still mistakenly charged. So a tip is to make sure before you leave that reception is aware that you asked for alcoholic drinks to be taken away and you haven't drank it.

With regards to getting around New York, the location of the hotel made it easy for us to do so. There is a subway about a 5mins walk, and we found that we could get around everywhere very easily, and it's much cheaper than taking a taxi. The ferry to the see the Statue Of Liberty is also a walking distance around 15-20mins. It was easy for us to find where places were as there were clear markings and people were happy to give us directions.

If you want to be in the heart of New York but not directly in the center I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had to come to NYC for a family function and liked staying in this area of town. We usually stay at another propery nearby but the rates were too high. So we gambled on Priceline and ended up here. It was one of our best bargains ever. We lovd this place. It is a beautiful property. Hyatt's answer to W hotels. Room and bahrooms are vry spacious. The rain shower is a nice touch. Only negative is what other revieweres say aobut the bathroom lighting. All snacks and soft drinks as well as coffee and OJ fresh squeezed are included in the rate which is a nice touch. Service was excellent. Rooms were very quiet. Would stay here again in heartbeat if we got the same rate

Room Tip: Ask for parkign voucher as there is substantial discount for using prefered parking.Call first to ma...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank drjeff
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I usually stay in midtown when visiting NYC but this time I decided to stay in the Financial District so I could walk to the seminar I was attending. As other reviewers have noted the entrance to this hotel is a little difficult to find. My cab driver had never heard of the place. So make sure you head for Water Street and you'll find the front door. I was greeted by Josh who checked me in via a handheld tablet then escorted me to my room. Make sure you get an explanation on how the lights and blinds work as it's a little high tech. You can easily turn up the lights if you know how. Wish I had asked for instructions on how to work the alarm clock/Ipod charger as that one took me a few minutes to sort out.The hotel bills their rooms as among the largest in NYC and I would agree. The hotel was very quiet and I got a great night's sleep (and I'm a light sleeper). I didn't take advantage of the complimentary wine and snacks served in the lobby but found that to be a nice touch. Breakfast was nice, expensive but that's par for the course in this type of hotel. My only complaint would be that there's too much concern for form and not enough for function. I had to hunt to find the hair dryer in the morning. Some paper and a pen would have been useful But otherwise a great stay, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, you'll have a great street view!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was the best hotel stay I've ever had. While it was a bit pricey, not really so for New York. The staff was very helpful, and kind. Our room was beautifully decorated & artsy. Bathroom - amazing. I wanted to take it home with me. A couple of the amenities available, not usually available at other hotels, and all complimentary: Barista to make you espresso, coffee, whatever, anytime of day, wine (red or white) from 6-8pm in lobby, $50 breakfast credit at the restaurant, iPod docking station, beverages & snacks from mini-fridge (best sparkling water I've ever had). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

What can i say? Great rooms, great service, inviting food and beverage outlets, nice health club....this hotel has it all, but so do ALL Andaz hotels. Why arent they EVERYWHERE?

The people are showing 'W' what a contemporary luxury hotel is like when it is done right!

The location at Water and Wall streets is perfect when you are staying downtown. Subway is a block and a half away.

Give lower Manhattan a try...there is a lot more here than most people realize. New retail, new dining options, and a whole new VIBE is growing here. There are other new hotels in the area, but NONE are as fabulous as the Andaz.

Its a bit hard to find the first time...signage is minimal, and it shares a building with a wonderful condo tower.

Give it a try...youll LOVE it.

Rooms are LARGE too, especially by NYC standards!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room...if you need it. The suites are AWESOME! HUGE! Baths are glorious! :)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business