“Best Andaz and I'm def staying here again”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #128 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 March 2012

One of the best hotels I've been to right from the check in to the cool automated darkening shades. Everything about this hotel was great, one of the best places to stay at and close to financial district and nice to be away from the tourists that huddle in large numbers at Times Square. Web app lets you check in and emails when room is ready. The friendly staff greets you at the door with their iPads and ready to assist you. They have great rooms with a touch of an upscale design. Great touch with the free snacks and non alcoholic beverages and they're a pet-friendly hotel! :-)

The bed was extremely comfortable. Design of the room was minimalist yet stylish. The bathroom could have had a little better lighting, but you can't have everything. The shower was a unique experience, plenty of hot water. I rarely ever like the bathrooms in hotels, but the design here was excellent - there's an open shower when you walk in, then a bathtub actually large enough for two inside.

The Spa is perfect! It is small, quiet, super clean, relaxing and located inside the cool Andaz hotel.

I absolutely loved my experience here. Next time I’m back in NYC and I’m defenitely staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Togi K
Write a ReviewReviews (3,026)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just recently returned to London after a great stay at the Andaz, on a trip with my mother.

We managed to get a very decent rate using a lowcost website, requesting for a twin room instead of a king size which was on offer. When we arrived at the hotel, we asked about this request and the gentleman at the desk told us that all twin rooms have gone, but they can put us in a large suite at no extra cost and have an extra rolled up bed in the room! The suite was large, clean and considering the price we paid, this was an absolute bargain.

Wifi, drinks in the fridge (except alcohol) and snacks in the room were complimentary, as well as wine and other refreshments in the Lobby.

Not sure why the other guest reviews say their rooms were hot, ours had a full set of controls for the air-conditioning by the bedside.

Staying around Wall St is further away from the Midtown action, but more peaceful in the evening. Subway stations and different lines are abundant from this location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank P_London_12
Reviewed 27 March 2012

So, i am a huge fan of the andaz brand, I love the andaz Liverpool street, 5th avenue and wall street but......there is something about the wall street hotel that causes me sleep problems. I think the bed linen is over bleached, or the mattresses are to hard/soft, room too hot whatever - but all I know is that I can't get comfortable and struggle to drift off. The lobby is wonderful, the staff are great and the location is second to none (if you are visiting wall street), food is excellent too. Pity I can't sleep there though!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
FOM-AndazWS, Front Office Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear DiscerningDC,

Thank you kindly for your review about the hotel - I am grateful for your feedback! I would be delighted to have the opportunity to make your room more comfortable for you. We do have a menu of different pillows as well as memory foam mattress pads available at your request.

If you would like, please reach out to me directly so that I may personally ensure you are well taken care of on all future visits. I am at your disposal.

Best Regards,
David

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I knew at check-in this was going to be a great experience. Check-in consists of "hosts" with i-pads ready to help you with anything and everything you could think of. Alexandra was so welcoming and went well above our expectations.
The room [a king suite on 17th floor] was very spacious and had a mini-bar with complimentary drinks/snacks. (just not the booze, that was for purchasing.) The bed is comfortable and the modern set up was awesome. (See pictures.) The windows open at a tit, so to get some fresh air (in an otherwise warmer room) we just opened those up a few times and it was perfect.
Josephine, with housekeeping, was FANTASTIC! My husband had left me a note, on his way out to work training, asking me to pick up a razor/shaving kit. Josephine saw this before I had a chance to act on it and when I returned to the room that afternoon she had left the kit for him where the note had been. I was so grateful and the small touches like that really make this hotel stand out even more for us.
James at the lobby bar was on par with the rest of the staff - just wonderful. There is a complimentary wine happy hour from 6-8 for guests of the hotel and James made sure you had everything you needed.
I was a first timer to NYC and all of the hosts (I didn't catch their names, but there were 2 blonde ladies in particular) that were VERY helpful in helping me get my barings and were quick to help direct me with whatever it was I wanted to do during the day. If you needed help hailing a cab, they were quick to assist you. If you wanted information on a show or tour... they were happy to help recommend and complete a reservation. Leo's Bagels was one recommendation I went for seconds on. It's just around the corner from the hotel and was SO good!
I did not eat in the hotel restaurant because I wanted to see as much of the city as possible so I am not sure how the food is there. I can say that the prices looked high, but you typically get that in hotels as nice as this one.
I would absolutely stay here again and plan to in late June 2012. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank bethwallab
Reviewed 22 March 2012

As many other reviewers have stated, this property is a great location for Wall Street, has friendly "hosts", great coffee, wine each evening in the lobby and free mini bar items.

What's not too great is the room itself - mine was hot (they hadn't turned on the air for the season so there was no way to cool it down overnight), the lighting is terrible, the TV takes forever to get through all the intro screens, and the bathroom floors/walls are really starting to show the wear and tear.

I requested a quiet room away from the lifts so noise wasn't a problem.

I would stay here again if the price was right, but next time I suspect I will explore other local hotels that might better represent the four or five star standard.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Pearl Street to less street noise.
2  Thank anchmer
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed in a room which was so hot and couldn't sleep the whole night.

We ordered dinner from the Restaurant . The Quantity they serve for the price not worth.

Would not recommend this Hotel.

Can't beleive this is one of Hyatt's!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shiny396
FOM-AndazWS, Front Office Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Shiny396,

I was terribly disappointed to read that we failed to provide you a room that was not cool enough. We are trying to manage the constantly fluctuating outside temperatures versus the temperature indoors with our air conditioning system. That being said, I sincerely empathize with your frustrations and cannot apologize to you enough for your room being uncomfortable.

While my apologies cannot reverse the experience you had, I truly hope you’ll accept mine and return to us at Andaz Wall Street. Should you choose to, please reach out to me directly so I may make sure you are properly taken care of.

Warm Regards,

David

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am a former New Yorker who just wanted to stay in a hotel for a change instead of crashing at a relatives. LOVED this place. New, clean, near everything, the employees went above an beyond, etc. On top of that tho, the design of the place was so modern, so sleek, so chic that I felt like I had paid 5x as much.... I honestly didn't want to leave the room. One FYI - I asked for a non smoking room and got it, but I was right next to smoking room. But it was as if the person was in the room with me, it got so bad. It happened after midnight so I know there was no chance I could move at that point. I would most definitely go back but I would absolutely request to be put far away from a smoking room. (Also, this was a very last minute booking, so maybe it wasn't an option.)

Room Tip: See above...far from smokers!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple