“Convenient Financial District location, modern, helpful & friendly staff”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #121 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed at the Andaz early December on a business trip to New York. The hotel is very conveniently located, right next to Wall Street. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby appears to be a bit cramped, and the hotel bar can get very loud, but overall the check-in process was quick and efficient.

The rooms are well appointed and spacious. There is a black out blind provided, and good free WiFi throughout. There is also a breakfast area with a decent breakfast menu, and the service is friendly, if slightly on the slow side.

The bathrooms are spacious though the wash basin design meant you kept getting splashed with water if you opened the tap even slightly too suddenly. There is an express (overnight, delivered 8 am) laundry service which is very useful when confronted with a late check-in, crumpled shirts, and early meetings. (However the room service assistant who answered the phone when I called to ask about it seemed to think it could only be delivered the next afternoon.)

My only major gripe was this: On the final day of my stay I was checking out around 8pm (I had booked the room for an extra day because of the very late checkout). However my room was not serviced in the morning, and the towels weren't replaced. When I asked the cleaning staff for towels, they said they don't service rooms if the guest is checking out the same day. But given we had paid for the room for the whole of that day, they should have, without me having to ask them.

Overall however the hotel is convenient, efficient and the staff are ever ready to help. Recommended.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

This hotel is really nice clean and modern. The rooms have a nice layout although for some the beds are a little low down (in keeping with the style if the hotel) which my be a let down for some. The bathrooms are big with one of the best showers that I have ever seen in a hotel. Large enough for two people and with an oversized rain head made this hotel even better. The checkin/out process was quick an efficient and all the staff were friendly and willing to help. Where this hotel is let down is its location. Being near Wall Street and only steps away from the New York STock Exchange is great for business travel. However, for leisure it's location isn't the best. Yet when all things considered this Andaz was much less expensive to stay at than the one in midtown which more than made up for its less than perfect location.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Very friendly, genuine hotel staff. Good sized rooms with modern design that instantly makes you feel at home. Breakfast does not offer a big choice but quality is very good and you won't leave hungry. Location in Down Town is to ideal for tourists although underground station is near by. Taxi to Mid Town is between 15 - 20 bucks.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

When I booked this hotel I didn't know the Andaz brand. The moment I walked in I was surprised - The lobby is amazing and warm, the check-in was super-fast and the room was simply amazing.

I've been staying at hotels a lot for the past few years as I travel for business a lot, and I have to say that this is probably the nicest room I stayed at.

The design is impeccable, the huge TV and bathtub are really fun, and the complementary mini-bar is really good!

If you don't mind the fact that it's just a short subway ride from midtown, it's highly recommended! I'll definitely be looking out for Andaz when I plan my next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of Wallstreet. Beautiful hotel. Huge rooms. Great bathrooms. Wonderful service. Easy check in and check out. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I travel alot to NYC for business and always try to find a good hotel for a good price. This hotel by far has beat out every hotel I have stayed in.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

This property is so unlike any other property I have ever stayed at. Upon check in, we were greeted by two extremely nice gentlemen who made the check-in so quick after a long drive down from Boston. The hotel is so modern and it takes a second to realize you are actually at a hotel property and not arriving at a friends lovely house. Once we took the elevator to our room we arrived at an unbelievably gorgeous room. I have never in my life stayed at such a clean and chic room. Everything from the light fixtures to the bathroom to the floors were exquisite. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, modern stay that takes you away from your standard view of a hotel property, stay here!

Room Tip: Plenty of room and very very clean!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and had excellent service and enjoyed the extras the hotel provided. However, this visit was disappointing. Although the lobby does not appear damaged, they no longer offer free wine from 6 to 8 pm in the lobby although you can purchase it in the restaurant for $14 a glass. There is no longer coffee or tea or snacks in the lobby area. When I inquired, the hotel staff said that I could get one upstairs in the restaurant. I did but then found out that there was a $3.50 charge to take out a coffee/tea. I might as well go to Starbucks. I did not get my wakeup call one morning and the one service call I made wasn't fulfilled. I am a platinum Hyatt member, so I used to be offered turn down service each night but not once was it offered on this trip. I did receive a room upgrade as a platinum member but a coworker received a room downgrade. The gym is unavailable but you can use the gym next door. It is fine but you need to bring picture ID with you and sign in. I complained to the hotel manager about the service issues when I left. She promised my some additional points to make up for this but they never were added to my account. I think that I will go to another hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not on Water Street. Especially now, there are generators that run all night...