“Excellent Hotel, Recommended”

Ranked #120 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Hotel, Recommended”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights as part of a round the world tour and loved it. The room was large and when you're living out of two suitcses for weeks that is important, the bathroom & shower room was also big. All non-alcoholic items in the mini-bar were free & the free wi-fi had a strong signal.
The location is also good as you are literally 2-3 minutes from Wall St subway station, which can have you in midtown in 10 minutes. We thought that the area around Wall St would be dead after dark but on the couple of occasions we were around there at night there were plenty of bars & restaurants.
Our only gripe was the cost of laundry, over a $100 for some undies & a couple of t-shirts!
If you want quality at a good price in New York City, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich4efc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I once revered this hotel as a hidden gem in downtown. However, the hotel has changed significantly upon it's opening to become just another high cost, low service filler in the city. Free coffee/tea/orange juice in the morning? Gone. Cleanest rooms in downtown? Gone. Personalized customer service where at the least they know your name or attempt to want to help you? Gone. The only positive I can give is that it is still spacious given NYC norms and if you want hardwood floors they have them. However, the customer service (lack thereof), cleanliness of the room (there was dirt in the bathtub, a used cloth at the base of the purple chair that was never cleaned), and increasing price point has me looking elsewhere. Note - When I was checking out, I even gave them a HINT to ask my "How was my stay?" which they did not seem to want to ask. I told them I would never stay again and they decided then to try to berate me into why I would come to that conclusion. I simply pointed them to my prior feedback from March from a previous stay that they never accounted for. Only then did they acknowledge their wrong. However, no gesture was given to try to alleviate the issue except for attempting to hail a cab (which is surprisingly easy to do on your own. Stand in front of any hotel and you'll see for yourself). No attempt for refund, no attempt to gain my loyalty. That tells me all I need to know. Sad to see something change so drastically, but I guess this gives me an opportunity to move on to better things in such a competitive city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Boston, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I just moved from New York but frequently travel for business. My typical hotel was booked as this was a last minute trip, so I chose Andaz as a back up. Andaz is now my new go to hotel. Rooms are ideal - open, beautiful baths and shower, comfortable beds,black out option for those in need of a goodnights sleep and free protein bars and chocolate bars. Their service is top notch.

1 Thank Tonya E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Do yourself a favour and stay at this hotel, it is excellent. The staff are great, the food is great, and the place is really clean. The rooms are ultra modern and spacious, with complimentary soft drinks and snacks. They also offer smoking rooms with air purification ( I guess these are on the same floor but I'm not sure). Don't be put off by the location if you are visiting for leisure reasons, there is a subway station a few hundred yards up the road and travel in and out of the center of New York is really easy. It's also nice to get away from the crowds in the evening after being amongst them all day. Cannot reccommend Andaz on Wall Street enough.

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Richard A,

I am so delighted to hear that you loved your stay at Andaz Wall Street! We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to New York City.

All the best,
Adrienne
Washington, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Andaz has a great location downtown (close to businesses, courthouse, city hall) and is also very chic inside. Large walk-in rain shower, complementary internet and non-alcohol minibar, large rooms. I would highly recommend.

Bozeman, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Andaz Wall Street is an elegant hotel with impeccable service and staff. The bar provided excellent cocktails and very good food. Reception staff were very helpful and seemed truly interested in making my stay perfect and enjoyable in every way

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed over a weekend on a romantic getaway. After a great experience at Andaz in Amsterdam we were looking forward to this stay. The property is nice and cool as expected. The food in Wall & Water is spectacular as is the room service. What is not good is The Spa, which we found out is outsourced. The massage booked a week in advance was not registered and basically did not happen. This was disappointing as the whole day was planned around that. The hotel staff were great in how it was dealt with, but still unacceptable for that level of property. At check out, there were way too many unattended to guests and piles of luggage in the reception area. The check out itself was quick, but sadly we were not asked how our stay was and no mention of the Spa debacle of the previous day.

Not nearly as enjoyable as Amsterdam experience. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear RalitzaF,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed to learn of the delays in service and disappointments in the Spa. On behalf of our team, I sincerely apologize of these shortcomings. We certainly take your feedback to heart and will address your points with our team. I hope that you give us another chance so that we can make sure your next stay is a more enjoyable one.

Warm regards,