“Andaz in New York”

Ranked #118 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Portishead, United Kingdom
“Andaz in New York”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Three day, two nights working in Lower Manhattan and a stay in this really interesting hotel. Very much a Boutique hotel the first impression is one of very clean, stylish and interesting place to stay. Being greeted by smartly dressed reception staff that check you in using their iPads. I arrived at 8.00am hoping to leave my bag at the hotel so as I could collect it later and then Check In. However, my room was ready and I was able to occupy it straight away. Free soft drinks and snacks in the room, a "pod" based Coffee machine upon request and a very spacious room were some of the highlights of my stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I was a bit concerned since my purpose was tourism - sightseeing, but all of my worries disappeared since its location is walking distance from many interesting points and it has a metro station nearby.
The room was perfect, with perfect nice details, some free sweets, snacks and beverages.
Internet is included and works well.
Personnel is obliging and super nice, Jessica was the front desk responsible at my arrival, nice, sweet and helpful.
To me it has become into my personal spot whenever I come back to New York.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear SaraSalazar,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Wall Street. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with our location and were able to enjoy some sightseeing during your visit. We really appreciate your comments about our staff and I will be sure to share them with Jessica and the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,
Adrienne
Geneva
Reviewed 25 December 2013

All was perfect in this Hotel, located in the financial district.
Most friendly staff all over the Hotel, pricy but great breakfast, rooms generous sized with all amneties, free mini bar for non-alcoholic Drinks.
Of course somehow far from Times Square, but good choice if you want to escape the
huzzle of downtown Manhattan during the evenings.
Will for sure return to this Hotel when back in New York.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stay at the Andaz Wall Street, the staff are polite and professional, and the rooms are beautiful and clean. The room service is also a must... great breakfast! This is a wonderful place to stay in Manhattan!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

1 Thank Chad A
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed in early December for 4 nights. The Andaz Wallstreet is located at Wallstreet, close to subway stop and to the new World Trade Center building. Easy to get to. The Andaz check-in is uncomplicated and quick. The staff were very warm and made me feel welcome. My room was modern and very comfortable. Housekeeping was very thorough. Cozy lobby. Staff were all very helpful. The bar had a buzzing scene each night. A good place for business or pleasure, especially if you don't want to be in the congestion of mid-town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights at the Andaz while we were visiting friends over the NYC marathon weekend. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, which was very comfortable and convenient to the subway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't mind staying in the financial district (away from all the hustle and bustle but still in a busy part of town), especially because it's a bit cheaper than lots of other comparable hotels in NYC. The hotel bar was great - drinks were fantastic and food was excellent - it far exceeded my expectations for a hotel bar/restaurant and I would definitely eat and drink there again, even if I wasn't staying at the Andaz! I also loved that the non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in the mini bar were free - it's basically unheard of and it was a nice touch.

My one complaint is that I think the hotel is a bit understaffed - on our last day we checked out and left our bags at the front desk for the day while we explored the city. We returned with a comfortable period of time before our train departed penn station and ended up waiting 20 minutes for ONE hotel employee to check in 5+ hotel guests. When it was our turn, he hesitated when we explained we were picking up our bags and asked if we would continue to wait while he checked in the guests behind us (another 2-3 parties). We actually said yes, we did mind, that we had been waiting and that we had to catch our train. One of the gentleman behind us in line also stepped forward with his baggage ticket and asked that his bag also be retrieved. I noticed that they never had more than 2 employees working at the front desk for the duration of the stay, which seemed a little odd. I think if they'd have one more staff member working retrieving our bags wouldn't have been an issue. Either way, I thought the staff member was unprofessional as he made us feel like our needs were a lower priority since we had already checked out, and that making us wait over 25 minutes to get our bags was no big deal. Other than that one hiccup, I enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amacp
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very nice hotel, great design. Well located for business. Breakfast with a large range of choice. Home made juice fruits. Rooms have a lot of space and are very quiet. The gym is clean and has new equipments

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Patrice C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed dining with us in our Wall & Water restaurant. We hope that you will come back and visit us in the new year!

Kind regards,