“I'll be back!”

Ranked #121 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Williamsburg, Virginia
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I really liked this hotel! So much so that, even though there were a few negatives, I'll plan to go back the next time I need to visit NYC. First, the minuses (and the reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5): the desk was not the most comfortable for someone needing to work. (We however were not there to work.) Worse, I was not able to connect to the Internet on two different days that I tried. (But like I said, I wasn't there to work, so that was a minor disappointment.) The first night was uncomfortable because we found the pillows (feather pillows perhaps?) lacking in support, and the room-darkening shade did not go down when we pushed the button. In addition, the bed had no top sheet, only the comforter. However, when we mentioned the shade and pillows to the front desk the next morning, they promptly sent someone to fix the shade and had housekeeping give us firmer pillows. We also played with the thermostat a bit more to get the temperature in the room just right. So what did I particularly like about this hotel? It had a nice, clean, modern look. The front desk staff was very friendly and made both check-in and check-out a breeze. The room was spacious enough and the bed itself was very comfortable. The large walk-in shower had an overhead "rain-style" shower head and a movable stool, so I could sit right under the water when I wanted to. The lights could be turned "all off" with one button by the bed or the door. We heard no noise from other rooms. (We did hear street noise sometimes but, having grown up in NY, I hardly noticed.) But what I really appreciated were the free snacks (chips, chocolate bar) and water/juice in the fridge. We did not eat at this hotel because we found other places to eat within walking distance. I recommend Leo's Bagels a few blocks away on Hanover Square for a quick, inexpensive breakfast. I do recommend this hotel, especially if you are not on business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aibutiej

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hotel is a very cool place! Rooms are spacious, service is very good, design in the entire hotel is pretty awesome. The downside is the location: unless you want to be downtown, you will be sort of far from everything else.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sparta, NJ, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have a family member who works for the W chain, so I can get discounts at those hotels - but really the Ws don't hold a candle to Andaz Wall Street. The rooms are SO spacious and quiet, and I love the giant bathtubs in larger rooms - very decadent. But the hotel truly differentiates itself in its service. A single person checks you in and then brings you to your room, all the while informing you of amenities and asking about what you'll need for your stay. Two minutes after they leave, they're back with anything else you've asked for. We were even upgraded to a larger suite when Daniel discovered it was my husband's birthday and we were having people over for dinner - such a different vibe from a suite hotel we used last year that gave us a hard time with warnings about noise and music (we were middle-aged parents traveling with our two children for chrissakes, not frat brothers). Our only complaint was the bed was super hard and not comfortable, though like all the furnishings, it was gorgeous lol.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

High tech lots of lights and very very comfortable! Towels are very clean! Bed is big! Shower and bath are amazing! Location is wonderful for business and holidays also! NYC is wonderful during winter specially! I really recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Andaz Wall Street is a very nice hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious. The location was wonderful, for my purposes. I stay at the Andaz every month and often times get so busy working on my laptop in the mornings, that I do not have time to go out for breakfast. Turkey sausages or bacon is not an option, which is very disappointing, this is the only immediate downside I experience during my stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Valencia, Venezuela
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at Andaz Wall street, Last year we rated excelent, however this time we must say we were disapointed as we got a smaller room and have many problems with the shower flooding each time the entire room, no escuses, no apologizes. But more important is the atitud of the people in front desk, they all look nice, but were not very warm and wanted to help, you feel a little affraid to ask. Same happen with a waittress at the restaurant for breakfast which was rude. We know you can do better, is a nice hotel with a good location and the lower tip of mthan.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jrg P
Oakland, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Excellent staff, large and well appointed room and great amenities. In close proximity to the subway. Great bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I've already recommended the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family