“Andaz Adventure”

Ranked #120 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Vancouver, Canada
“Andaz Adventure”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staff was very attentive and helpful. The room was clean, well appointed and quiet. The hotel 's location on Wall Street is very convenient, close to the subway and to the running and cycling path along the river. Complimentary coffee and other refreshments were available in the lobby along with copies of the local newspapers. We will certainly return on our next trip to New York.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Mik B,
Thank you for your note and feedback regarding your stay. I will share your nice comments about the staff with our team. Yes, the path along the river is very convenient for our joggers and cyclists staying with us. Another great benefit to our location.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels have you returning to NYC.

Rusty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed one night just as a getaway from kids and it was everything we wanted. Everything was clean and the rooms seem really spacious compared to most NYC spaces (we stayed in a Large King). I also found this hotel to be extremely quiet in the sense that I didn't hear any of our neighbors at any time or people in the hallway. We live in the city so didn't want to be in a crowded noisy area, so the location was perfect for us. It is a very quiet area on weekends but really close to the subway to get to other neighborhoods with more dining options.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 582samanthad,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that we were able to provide the "Staycation" you needed. Yes, the Andaz Large Kings are spacious and a popular choice for our guests. I hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed in a large king room. Design is awesome, very different and big spaces compared to hotels in NYC. Also it has complimentary snacks (tasty chocolates, granola bars, sodas, juices, etc). I would totally recomend this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Angel Mari A,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased to read you enjoyed the design of the hotel and the special complimentary amenities Andaz provides.
We hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed for four nights on business as a first-time guest, as my usual preferred hotel was sold out. What a great surprise-- for those who travel to NYC on business, you would appreciate the large, spacious rooms, as well as the walkability to all of the Financial District. Free wifi, all-day self-serve cappuccino and coffee, and the high-quality free snacks in the room were great touches (especially compared to competing chains where everything is for sale-- at a 5x markup). For leisure travelers, this area is relatively quiet at night, but plenty of subways are within a five-minute walk, so uptown is accessible-- but this location is a better jumping-off point for exploring downtown Manhattan (FiDi, SoHo, etc) than if you plan to spend your time far uptown. For visiting runners, the hotel is 2 blocks from the trail that winds around the lower tip of Manhattan, through Battery Park, which was scenic and surprisingly peaceful in the morning. For visitors, this hotel is also a pleasant walk to sights like the Statue of Liberty ferry and Ellis Island, and South Street Seaport. Great hotel-- I will stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Megan S,
Thank you for giving Andaz Wall Street a try. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your accommodation, our free amenities and our great location. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to New York City.
Regards,
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I honestly don't know where to start on how disappointing nearly aspect of this hotel turned out to be.
After travelling for 12 hours from the Uk and waiting in various lengthy queues at JFK we arrvied tired and craving our beds.
We were told upon checking in by the most rude and patronising young girl I have ever met that our room was not available. We were offered an alternative with a rollaway bed for 1 of our party to sleep in. We are adults, not as I said at the time 7 year old children who would happily adapt to this. We booked our room in November, 5 months prior to our visit and expected the room we booked to be available, who would expect anything less?
The patronising girl eventually said she would speak to us no longer and we could speak with her manager. After waiting a fair time Mr Shin came to explain exactly the same and that our room was unavailable. At first he offered us no alternative insisting hat there were no other rooms vacant. After much perseverance he managed to locate us separate rooms for the 1st night and miraculously found us our original room booking for the rest of our 5 night stay.
It would be nice to know how this didn't warrant an upgrade to a suite such as "Rovingruby - 19th April" did through a fault with pillows. Hardly comparable I think you will agree.
I posted a tweet stating my dissatisfaction with the hotel and I was told someone would reach out to me. Well I'm still waiting for that, good job I wasn't about to tumble to my peril down a 1000ft cliff.
I could go on about this hotel but I won't. Its ok and to be frank there are many nicer hotels in New York where you will have a much more pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank rainbizzle
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here while attending conference at NYSE which is about 2 blocks away. Great pillows, lousy bed. Confirmed by another guest who had same experience. Other wise, good bar and fun lobby gathering place. Room was quiet and spacious. Very friendly and helpful personnel. Lots of good New York style pizza in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff M
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights of our honeymoon as we wanted somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of midtown.

The reception staff offered us an upgrade on arrival and our room was lovely. The sleek modern style was great, the bed was comfy and the huge bathroom was great.

Small touches such as the complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby were great, as was the complimentary mini bar in our room.

We had a meal in the restaurant one evening and it was really tasty, not too expensive either.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside to the stay was that the wifi went down for more than a day which was quite an inconvenience. However, this was beyond the control of the hotel and they were very apologetic for the problem.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a slightly quieter place to stay in nyc.

• Stayed April 2014