“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #126 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am scared to tell you how nice the hotel was because if it becomes too popular it may be hard for me to get reservations when we go back! Large rooms, easy-going, yet upscale atmosphere, very helpful, nice front desk staff. Bar is a bit modern for my tastes. Service at restaurant and bar just ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tracy F
Write a ReviewReviews (3,028)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

A friend and I needed to be in NYC for just the weekend and arrived on a Saturday night and left early Sunday morning. I prefer to stay downtown if I am in NYC on the weekends because it's generally quieter than midtown area hotels. When we arrived at check-in (around 10:00pm at night), there were very helpful front desk staff to check us in on their tablets and hand us our keys. The whole process lasted maybe 3-4 minutes and the staff was so nice! In fact, all of the staff that we encountered over our stay were extremely polite and helpful.

The room itself was fantastic. Wood laminate and tile floors (no carpet), a comfy king bed with clean white linens, a spacious area for the desk, and a window bench that ran all along the wall with the window. Everything was spare, modern, and a touch luxe. The bathroom was really spacious - a lot of room to lay out your toiletries and the shower was enormous. The shower had a rainfall shower head and I was concerned about water pressure, but it was great. There was also a handheld shower if you didn't want to do an overhead rainfall. The only quibble I would have is that in the bathroom, there are essentially three mirrors - one over the sink and two on either side. The ones on either side were tinted just slightly, but since there's not a ton of light in the room and all the tile is black, I barely was able to see to do things like put on make up. I managed by taking the small magnifying mirror over to the window and using natural light. Amenities in the room were great - free wi-fi and free minibar except for alcohol. The free minibar had water, tea, sodas, chips, chocolate bar, and usually a granola bar or two.

One night, we had drinks and snacks at the bar that is just up the stairs from the lobby. While the service was a tad slow, the drinks were fantastic, and the food (oysters and charcuterie) was top notch.

Location was good. Only a few blocks away to the Wall St station for the 2 and 3 trains, but you could almost always catch a cab right out front.

Overall, a really wonderful stay and would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: As with any NYC hotel, a room on a higher floor is generally a good idea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gop1972
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear gop1972,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the hotel’s amenities and your interactions with our team. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stay at this hotel 4 to 8 times per year and it is my "go to" hotel for the financial district. Good style, free snacks at the minibar and a nice bar and restaurant. The hotel is conveniently located at the intersection of Wall St at Water. It's an easy walk to all locations at the south end of Manhattan and not too far from a subway stop. The staff does a nice job, and the hotel is very high tech, which is fun. The only negative is that, during hot weather, it is difficult to get the room cool enough. Staying on a lower floor seems to help. The bar and restaurant are both very good, though typically pricey as is standard for NYC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kevin W,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to Andaz Wall Street. I appreciate your feedback and I'm pleased to read you enjoy the property and our amenities. I am also happy to read how you enjoy our Lower Manhattan location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Andaz again very soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stay here regularly. Nice people. Reliable. Free snacks, free mini-bar, coffee, wine in the evening. This is a no hassle hotel. No surprises. Fine place to stay. I will continue to stay here when in the wall street area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear mbazerman,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. Yes, the complimentary beverages and snacks are very popular with our guests. We try to use local vendors when possible for those products.
Please consider us again when you return to New York City.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed in the Andaz Extra Large King suite. Such a beautiful room, super spacious, warm and cozy for a cold winter. Great lounge area, a table if you want to use as a vanity and want to get ready for a nice day or fun night out.

However, I did stay with a big group. Two people stayed on the king, one on the couch, and we got 2 roll out beds. But our group was a mix of male and females, couples and singles, and the bathroom is completely see through. Some people in our group including myself felt uncomfortable showering and using the toilet. I managed to always be in the room when only the girls were there so that was fine but our last morning there a lot of us skipped the shower, due to everyone getting ready and packed to check out. But I also wasn't comfortable with my boyfriend being able to see the other girls showering.

For the price we all paid, the least I could have gotten was a nice hot shower in their beautiful bathroom.

Will not be staying in that room ever again, unless it is just for me and my significant other. But the room is way too big for just two people.

Also we took a cab from Brooklyn to the address listed on the website at night, and wasn't able to find the entrance. our cab driver a sweet man was not able to find the front of the building and kept cutting through little streets. After realizing he was going in circles, we had to help him try to find the building, we found the streets and the intersecting street but didn't not locate the entrance. The meter was running to high so we got out in the freezing cold and started walking instead.

Room Tip: If your booking the Extra Large King Suite, the bathroom is completely see through and is visible fr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank absaryano
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I always try to go there because the hotel is very beautiful no a lots of room. The elevator Always there for your convenience. I usually use for business, so the location is perfect you have all the subway there. the only think that make my get crazy is that the wi-fi in the room doesn't work very well. Expecially this time 2 days without wi-fi in the room could you believe it? Anyway I will come back because I hope the will fix this problem. The only think sometimes the music is too high form the bar. Complimentary coffee and the professional staff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staff was very attentive and helpful. The room was clean, well appointed and quiet. The hotel 's location on Wall Street is very convenient, close to the subway and to the running and cycling path along the river. Complimentary coffee and other refreshments were available in the lobby along with copies of the local newspapers. We will certainly return on our next trip to New York.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Mik B,
Thank you for your note and feedback regarding your stay. I will share your nice comments about the staff with our team. Yes, the path along the river is very convenient for our joggers and cyclists staying with us. Another great benefit to our location.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels have you returning to NYC.